Chang Of Visa From Work To Marriage

Hi,

I am going to stop being a volunteer teacher this year and will therefore need to change back (I originally had a non-Imm O marriage) from my current non-Imm AE visa.

I understand that Immigration will need a letter from the school, but apart from 400k in the bank for a minimum of 2 months and 2 copies of passport, marriage cert., wifes ID card, and a letter from the bank, what else will I need to do/supply?

Will they need to do another home visit?

If I change before the annual renewal date of the current visa, will it just be be converted keeping the same renewal date, or will it be stopped and a new 365 days from application. I'm assuming I don't need to leave the country..............

Thanks

I originally had a 3 month non-Imm O visa obtained in the UK that I extended to one year, before it was changed to the non-Imm AE. In my new passport there are 2 stamps together showing สำเนา visa classes (O & AE) and dates. From what I can see, the original O was converted to an AE keeping the same timescale. Since 2005 I have been on extensions.

The AE visa is unknown to me, but the day you stop volunteering is the day you must leave the country or go to immigration to cancel your permission to stay and apply for an extension of stay based on marriage. You will than get a new extension of stay based on marriage for 1 year starting the day you apply.<br><br>Note that you will also need to cancel your work permit, with a letter to the labour office from the school stating the date you stop volunteering and you will also need a letter from the school stating the same for immigration.<br><br>They will probably visit you again.<br>

A visa is only a permit to travel to Thailand and ask for permission to stay, nothing more. It is not a right to stay. When you ask for permision to stay, you give a reason. That used to be volunteering for you. When that ends you just change your reason to stay to being married to a Thai national, without getting a new visa or leaving Thailand. (If you don't have enough time to season the money, immigration can give an extension of 60 days. You than apply for the 1 year extension after that).

You will probalby need to get the extension of stay based on marriage from scratch, in he sense that they might visit your house.