Looking For Gsxr 750 Engine (2001-2003)

Anyone know where I could get one in Thailand?

I need a 2001-2003 GSXR 750 engine, OR just a crankshaft and the conrods. I don't need the pistons..

Also, if I imported just the parts would I have problems? I shouldn't, as just the shaft and rods wouldn't be that big or valuable..

I just might have to pay a % when I go pick it up right?

I already decided the cost of an engine + shipping + tax would be too high and not worth it, but I could probably import just the shaft and rods if there is nothing in Thailand.

I'm really starting to miss the gixxer and it's only been like a week.

well going to red barron could be an idea...

a guy looking for me said they didn't have any but he could be searching for one there as well speak and hoping to sell it to me, :o

the closest thing mocyc.com has is a 750 slingshot engine........

On ebay I found a crankshaft and set of rods for a total of 300$ or 10,000 baht... I might get em shipping to my parents and then shipped here.

Get my dad to mark it as a gift with a value of 100$ and maybe like 100-200$ on shipping and the total cost shouldn't be more than 20,000 baht after some import tax.

Killed another bike eh? At least you're consistent... :whistling:

Just think, with all the money you've poured into these old lemons you could have yourself a brand new Ninja 650R.

That 2 year Kawasaki warranty might come in handy for someone like you... :rolleyes:

Good Luck!!!

the total money into the gsxr will be about 230k if i go through with this engine thingy...<BR><BR>Still a better bike than a 2 cylinder 650 if you ask me. :)<BR><BR>But yes if you consider the vfr as well, that was 100k and I lost like 50k when i sold it. dam_n...<BR><BR>

the total money into the gsxr will be about 230k if i go through with this engine thingy...<BR><BR>Still a better bike than a 2 cylinder 650 if you ask me. :)<BR><BR>But yes if you consider the vfr as well, that was 100k and I lost like 50k when i sold it. dam_n...<BR><BR>

I agree that a properly running GSX-R 750 will spank a Ninja 650R, but personally I'd take a bike that runs over one with a blown engine... But that's just me :lol:

Oh, and if you somehow managed to blow the engine on your Ninja 650R you'd have no trouble sourcing the parts locally and having the bike repaired by certified Kawasaki mechanics.

The Kawasaki warranty will cover all cost of parts and repairs.

BUT if you break the bike doing something STUPID like running around with half the oil I expect your warranty claim will and should be DENIED! :redcard1:

A busted Suzuki? No warranty, no parts in Thailand and only a handful of mechanics who might be able to fix it for you.

Good luck!

Tony

NinjaGixxer1Sm.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

A busted Suzuki? No warranty, no parts in Thailand and only a handful of mechanics who might be able to fix it for you.

Tony. I hope these words don't come back to haunt you. You have a grey import Suzuki now don't you?

To Lenny. A 2nd hand engine should only come in at about 25-30,000b

Edited by thaicbr

Tony. I hope these words don't come back to haunt you. You have a grey import Suzuki now don't you?

Cheers Allan,

Yes, you are absolutely correct- and you'll notice that my GSX-R is parked next to my Ninja 650R. The Ninja is back-up in case anything goes wrong with the Gixxer (I also much prefer the civilized Ninja 650R with ABS in the rain over the ~170hp Gixxer- god that thing is scary in the wet!) :ph34r:

Love the Gixxer but hesitant to take her to the track because fixing her up if/when I dump her will be a pain in the butt. For the time being the Gixxer is being used mostly for touring. I think I've got a line on a nice 2009 ER6n that I think I'll turn into a dedicated track bike (or big Versys-like enduro... haven't quite decided which way to go yet...)

The K5-K6 GSX-R 1000 has a very good reputation for being a mechanically solid and reliable bike. As long as I don't do something STUPID like lennya12threh and ride around 2 quarts low on oil I don't expect to have too many problems with it.

I can do most service and repairs myself and if/when I run into something I can't handle I've got a very talented, honest and reliable mechanic who can sort it for me.

I've ordered new OEM Suzuki parts from Red Baron and their prices actually end up being less than if I order in the US and pay shipping to Thailand.

I'm putting together a nice little workshop at the office- you should stop by sometime if you need or want to tinker with your Suzie!

IMG_4800Sm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

Thanks Tony... Mine is currently waiting for the lazy Mechanic (ME) to get time to put the radiator back in and wire up the new temp gauge. My service bay isn't quite as nice but it does have a sofa and fridge.

Thanks Tony... Mine is currently waiting for the lazy Mechanic (ME) to get time to put the radiator back in and wire up the new temp gauge. My service bay isn't quite as nice but it does have a sofa and fridge.

Bleh! :P

Here's a peek of the sofa:

Ninja650RNoCutSlidersIntall4SSR.jpg

Here's the fridge-

0822SSRBeerSSR.jpg

Woohoo! beerchug.gif

Happy Trails!

Tony

Lenny.. Get a full complete engine.. One from outside Thailand that hasnt been worked on by Thais.. That has had real bearings and gaskets used.. One that will then be trouble free.. Pay the extra 10k or whatever...

Same with my blade, I got it for a song, but developed a knocking bearing.. As I was in the west last year I bought everything for a recon engine, rings, bearings, gaskets, seals, spent a LOAD (as much a an engine) and brought it back in my baggage.. After a long delay, loads of work, once putting it back together we found they had reground the crank and used some cut down mazda 323 bearings !!! No solution to ever get it right again (they had ground the case too).. Junked it and got a race prepped engine from the states, sweet as a nut and I now have an engine of spares.

The 2 pot kwakers dont excite me, I would love the shiny new bike thing, and the warranty and cheap parts, but they just dont grab me.. So from my bike the next step up is to 350 plus k grey market, or maybe a new triumph.. So I will stick with what I have.

Edited by LivinLOS