Short Break To Chang Rai From Putalung/Pattaya Area

steve187

Hi I have to do a border run towards the end of august, and I was thinking of combining it with a 4-5 day break to Chang Rai, Does any one have any recommendations regarding a route from Putalung area to Mae Sai, taking in some views and places to visit and overnight stays.traveling by car. many thanks

Edited by steve187

When in Chiang Rai, go to "white temple", I suggest you to do it one hour before sun set. Altough you will not be able to go inside, you will have an amazing light and "visitors-free" temple to take very nice pictures.

It is located at about 5 kilometers to the south of CR, the temple name is Wat Rong Khun.

here's the Wat R(L)ong Khun, mentioned before. also, once you've sorted your route out (sorry I'm not able to help with that) check the CR forum, there's a google map with places you might want to check out.

Myself, I particularly like Chiang Saen, quiet little town on the Mae Nam Khong but I'm sure you'll find many beautiful places in whatever part of the province you find yourself. Also, by way of contrast, is the Black Village also near CR city

Check this thread for some photos http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/380402-where-to-go/page__p__3735061#entry3735061

(black village can be seen if you scroll down)

post-86914-061279700 1278540788_thumb.jp

Enjoy your trip.

Biff