View Talay 7

marekm1

Finally I moved in my condo in View Talay 7 and I am very happy. After all the fuss the common sense prevailed and a lot of new people moving in everyday. It's really nice place to live and I invite some part of my family to join me. All the best spots are already taken but the wings side are all vacant. To buy 48m. It cost you around $3mil. To rent one it cost you around 20-30 000 a month depends on the furniture. It really nice view close to the beach. You have a lot developments closer to the beach like Central, but this one is just fine.

I invite all the negative comment as I expect that all I get. I have bought my apartment right off and I wouldn't car less how much is it worth now. I will probably transfer that for free for somebody else when I die.

Edited by marekm1
  • Like 2

I'm sure all the owners in Jomtien Plaza are dead chuffed with VT7 :(

I agree with you. I had a look to buy into Jomtien Plaza few years ago but it was too much outside of beach side. There was the empty plod outside just waiting to be developed. I am glad I didn’t got into that. Just too far from the beach.

That puts a 1 bedroom at about 6.5M to 7M Baht. Definitely pricey...but great views, and great location!

Need's to have a great view 3mil for a rabbit hutch. Had a friend that had a 114 S/M condo and I though that was small.

Great view, i remember back in 2002 when i bought a 41 Sq Mt condo in VT2 the shell cost just under 700,000 ht and another 450,000 Bht to deck it out over looking Jomtien beach, always remember being privy to some spectacular lightning activity lighting up the whole bay.

(1.15 Mil in total) on the 12th floor.

Wow they have gone up a lot since then.

I remember on the down side of buying in a new project that there was always jack hammers and banging going on where owners were having their shells fitted out

Enjoy your view, and get some ear plugs. :)

Vt have good security and the buildings are kept in good condition as i found were the pool and grounds.

Edited by tigerbalm

A few days back, I heard that a new legal case will soon be started against VT7 by a couple of Bangkok-based environmental groups. Wanting more information, I was just told to 'watch the newspapers'. Has anyone else heard this, or does anyone know anything more?

A few days back, I heard that a new legal case will soon be started against VT7 by a couple of Bangkok-based environmental groups. Wanting more information, I was just told to 'watch the newspapers'. Has anyone else heard this, or does anyone know anything more?

There is an editorial in June/July Homes and Condo Magazine number 32 talking about this. The environmental group that are bringing the action seem to have a number of successful cases behind them.

But what can they do about it? Can't tear it down for sure.

I would hope they put the developer in jail...along with the local politicians who allowed it...errrr...took money...to happen! Ok, that's just me dreaming again....I do feel sorry for the folks in the building behind that monstrosity.

I was there about 2 weeks ago. It's going to be a construction zone for a long time. Even the real estate agent warned us it will be noisy...and we were asking about a rental in December! Dang honest agent!

But what can they do about it? Can't tear it down for sure.

I would hope they put the developer in jail...along with the local politicians who allowed it...errrr...took money...to happen! Ok, that's just me dreaming again....I do feel sorry for the folks in the building behind that monstrosity.

I was there about 2 weeks ago. It's going to be a construction zone for a long time. Even the real estate agent warned us it will be noisy...and we were asking about a rental in December! Dang honest agent!

I do feel sorry for the People living behind Jomtien Beach Complex, it is not so that "that" Building is kind of a Bungalow, it`s a monstrosity itself, thought a legal one.

There is an editorial in June/July Homes and Condo Magazine number 32 talking about this. The environmental group that are bringing the action seem to have a number of successful cases behind them.

Thanks, Rimmer, I'll keep my eye out for a copy of that magazine.

That Envirnomental Group have no chance,believe me View Talay 7 is not going anywhere.So you better get used to it.

I do share some sympathy for Jomtien complex owners Though

Yea heard the same about the NGO that has the Ma Ta Phut injunctionon - they had no chance, it will be over in a month or the Thai economy will collapse etc etc.

Well over a year later (I think) and the injunction is still largely on and a lot of business has been impacted - in big ways.

So would not right off the challenge yet - would not be the first empty abandoned completed building in Thailand :D

That Envirnomental Group have no chance,believe me View Talay 7 is not going anywhere.So you better get used to it.

I do share some sympathy for Jomtien complex owners Though

Yea heard the same about the NGO that has the Ma Ta Phut injunctionon - they had no chance, it will be over in a month or the Thai economy will collapse etc etc.

Well over a year later (I think) and the injunction is still largely on and a lot of business has been impacted - in big ways.

So would not right off the challenge yet - would not be the first empty abandoned completed building in Thailand :D

Most businesses have completed their EIA and restarted works (they never actually stopped), only about 11 are still outstanding.

Oddly enough none have failed the EIA.

Doesn't surprise me that both back wings are unsold and will remain that way when you look at the price and shape of those shells.

I would think that it hasn't reached even 50% capacity yet.

I was told that View Talay buildings break even when they are 20% sold. No doubt, this is due to the cheap construction.

"Doesn't surprise me that both back wings are unsold and will remain that way when you look at the price and shape of those shells.

I would think that it hasn't reached even 50% capacity yet."

From looking at the list few months ago, the main building without the wings is about 80-90% sold out. Strangely enough not even one condo is sold in the wing section.

Makes you wonder why they bothered to build this part of the building.

"Doesn't surprise me that both back wings are unsold and will remain that way when you look at the price and shape of those shells.

From looking at the list few months ago, the main building without the wings is about 80-90% sold out. Strangely enough not even one condo is sold in the wing section.

The problem with the 2 back wings are the shape of the rooms being very long and narrow with no natural light entering.

I would estimate that they cover about 70% of the whole building which makes them the main part of the building.

Their purpose was to block the view of Jomtien Complex Condotel owners.

The problem with the 2 back wings are the shape of the rooms being very long and narrow with no natural light entering.

I would estimate that they cover about 70% of the whole building which makes them the main part of the building.

Is there any rule that says what part of a building have to be "foreign name" or can the developer say "front condos - sold to anyone"?

• 3 weeks later...

What about the noise coming from workingmen decorating units..?

What sort of problem is that?

What is the timeframe they are allowed to work and do they honor that?

I am coming to this building in october for a month or so and friend of mine who heard this said that was stupid of me coming to new viewtalaybuilding because of the decorating noise.. What you reckon..Is he right?