Hua Hin Courses

draggons

I have been on two recent golf trips to Hua Hin and IMHO the best two are Banyan and Black Mountain. The next two are Springfield and Palm Hills. Depending on when you go they have Hua Hin Golf Festival and good pricing at that time which is around August but you need to check. A number of golf tour operators can hook you up or just deal with courses directly. If on honeymoon and only want one or two rounds you can let hotel handle or just book yourself. Not hard to participate and many courses will also pick you up at the hotel if not part of a tour group. Prices for best course are probably less than 3,500 baht all in and less if getting special pricing or going to the second two.

Arrange to stay at one of the golf courses as your honeymoon hotel and you should get discounted prices.

3,500 baht sounds more like Phuket pricing, the last time I played in Huia Hin it was 1,200 baht which I though was expensive having come over from Pattaya.

Agree with Black Mountain. Very nice course and club house and very good restaurant. Never played Banyan but a friend told me that they force you to take a cart - not allowed to walk - and the cart is not allowed on the fairway.

Palm Hills is okay but I like the Imperial Lake View. Very relaxed atmosphere and they have 36 holes which comes in handy on busy weekend. You should also play the 'Railway Course' - very convenient location and the oldest course in Thailand. Just make sure to take enough balls - you might loose a few to the monkeys.

I hope that your wife plays!!!....As said August and September are the Golf Festival months. Nearly all courses will be 800 Baht Green Fee. The courses that are included this year haven't been announced yet..well I haven't seen the info...we go for a few days every year. Last year there were eight courses taking part.. unfortunately Black Mountain was not one of them..maybe this year.

Google, "Hau Hin Golf Festival" and you will see the courses that have taken part in the past. Out of interest we always stay at the Grand Pacific in Cha Am and book through Asiareservations.net. A lovely 5-star hotel and a very very attractive price through the site I mentioned, at the moment anyway.

I'm reminded of that old joke...

A Groom shows up at his wedding with his Best Man who is carrying two sets of golf clubs.

His Bride looks at him and says, "What are those clubs doing here?"

The Groom looks at his Bride and asks..."This isn't going to take all day is it?"