Switched To Mac

ChiangMaiThai

I finally switched to Mac and I am quite happy. The only problem is I have about 30,000 emails on my PC and I use Pocomail. I need to import all of this into Apple Mail. Is there anywhere in Bangkok I can call to just come and sort this out?

Alternatively, if I buy this parallel sofware and install windows, will I be able to open pocomail from within OS X without switching over to windows? I tried to open the pocosetup.exe file with Crossover, but nothing happens....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

On a side note, everything I type here looks like old typewriter font. Where can I change the system font?

And one more. Where do I tell it which programs I want associated with which file types?

It will take a little more getting used to, but so far I think i will prefer it to PC...

From poco mail to thunderbird and from thunderbird to mail

(and then archive those 30.000 emails...who needs to keep 30.000 emails)

And one more. Where do I tell it which programs I want associated with which file types?

select the file, press command+i and a window will open where you can change that

select the file, press command+i and a window will open where you can change that

I am a mac user. I always have been. The questions you are asking are simple but to ask someone to write them out for you is ardous. I suggest you take a simple Mac course. You will love your Mac I am sure. As for importing pocomail-you might try opening mail- select import mailboxes in file (top of screen) and select other and then select pocomail. But pocomail seems to be a very windows based program so good luck there. Safari browser you can change font by going to preferences and selecting appearances. Mac is a very easy system but to a first time user versed in windows it may seem confusing at first. Give your self some time. Also if you bought it new you should have free support for 1 year. You can ask them anything-Mac has a great support personal.

Thanks for this. Yes, it seems its all the little things that are confusing me at the moment. I'm sure it will just take a little time. 30,000 emails are work emails and pretty important to keep...

I am a mac user. I always have been. The questions you are asking are simple but to ask someone to write them out for you is ardous. I suggest you take a simple Mac course. You will love your Mac I am sure. As for importing pocomail-you might try opening mail- select import mailboxes in file (top of screen) and select other and then select pocomail. But pocomail seems to be a very windows based program so good luck there. Safari browser you can change font by going to preferences and selecting appearances. Mac is a very easy system but to a first time user versed in windows it may seem confusing at first. Give your self some time. Also if you bought it new you should have free support for 1 year. You can ask them anything-Mac has a great support personal.

Thanks. I did buy it new. Is the support only at the place I purchased it?

Thanks. I did buy it new. Is the support only at the place I purchased it?

I assume you bought it in Thailand. Yes go back to shop and ask for support telephone number. It should have been given to you - with all the paperwork with computer. Hopefully they have english speaking Apple techs in Thailand.

Probably easier to ask such things on a Mac specific forum. Just google it and see what you get. I like to use this forum for specific Thailand related advice to Apple products but wouldn't use it for only asking troubleshooting or support questions.