Quick Advise Needed In Pattaya

sprobert

Hi everyone,

I am quite distressed here and wanting some advice. Basically I live opposite an Indian family in Soi Rungland,Pattaya and their dog had an accident last night. His leg is broken and has damages in many other places and looks in serious pain.

The thing is these Indians aren't doing anything !!! They have just laid him down and tried to give him some food and are just so ignorant. They wont take him to the vet as they say they don't have the money. They wont even let me do anything.

This is very sad to watch and I am just wondering if anyone knows of a vet that would come out to see this dog ???

I am not an expert but it seems his injuries are to bones and eye and I hope not vital organs but who knows.

These Indians wont let me take him out but maybe if I can get someone to come.

Seems weird to me that I am writing this while a dog is in serious pain and i cant do anything but hopefully someone has some advice or help ????

Thanks

• Like 1

32 views and no replies, maybe there's a subliminal message there.

I don't know how long you've been in Thailand but you'd better get used to the almost total disregard the people, be they Thais or of other ethnicities, have for the suffering of animals.

Chances are even if you called a vet out they'd not let anyone else interfere with their "property".

Sorry I can't help, try asking round the haunts of the responsible expats in town is the best I can suggest.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

You are probably right but thought I would give it a go anyway.

Been here for about 6 months so not too many contacts built up yet but sometimes hope something will change. I am learning fast though and it seems your right and people dont care for animals.

Yeah i agree, the 32 views and no replies is a bit of a sad message about how we become isnt it. I also ran this on 2 other sites and no replies either. Assuming people dont view the same topic twice, that means up to 100 people have viewed this so far in Pattaya who have probably been here for a long time (so i would assume know people) and havent cared really. Shame !!

Rung 3 vets so far who wont come out.

Its very sad, this animal is suffering right now and no one is there. Very sad.

Thanks for your reply

I don't know how long you've been in Thailand but you'd better get used to the almost total disregard the people, be they Thais or of other ethnicities, have for the suffering of animals.

Chances are even if you called a vet out they'd not let anyone else interfere with their "property".

Sad... but very true.

:(

Read my signature...

Not so. The vet from Siam Country Road practice followed me a few miles to a dog that needed putting down,but it usually comes down to the individual.The government vet has given me a syringe full of heart stopping drug but it is difficult to find a vein especially with a struggling dog

A soi dog,nice one really friendly, living nearby, everyone seems to own it received a broken leg recently,myself and another farang paid for the operation which has failed ,probably nerve damage now a amputation is needed everyone now just vanishes at the the prospect.Let it live miserably,dragging the leg for the rest of its life or what?

I have posted my comments on S.E. Asian countries before regarding Animal welfare...There is none.

Animals are under ther P rule.

P for the pot to eat.

P as a pest to be totally eradicated.

P as a pet that is treated very badly and dumped when they are tired/bored of the poor unfortunate creature at a temple if it is lucky.

Be very careful picking this dog up. It might bite the hand that helps it, if it is in severe pain.

I ended up on a course of 5 Anti Rabies injection last year becuase of my caring attitude and was chastised by everyone including the Doctor for helping a poor unfortunate animal.

Would I do it again ?

Yes.

1500 Baht for 3 years against Rabies and animals suffering stopped was worth it as far as I am concerned.

Edited by lonewolf99

If this thread had been started being more specific it would probably have received more attention,"dog in distress" or the like.

I am probably more than well covered against rabies,having untold vaccinations in the past. Anyway clamp the jaws together with a piece of cord before handling would make it easier,taking it off the Indians would be more dfifficult ,but you could promise them anything ,once it is at the vets it is up to you.

Have stood for an hour long ago trying to get their dog off them (Indians) only for the vet to put it to sleep instantly,following 'phone calls from the owners (Indians) concerning the dog I replied that the vet decided,they were upset ,but it ended the dogs suffering.

I agree with jori.

To save face,go to the family and say that you have observed that the dog is in pain.

State you know of a vet & are willing to take the dog to the vet for further examination and ask if a family member would wish to accompany you.

Then await the vet 's analysis.

Edited by wileycoyote

Sad... but very true.

Read my signature...

Very True ? so every Thai person you have met or know have total Disregard for Animals who are suffereing ?

Hmmm :rolleyes: It is not "very true"

Edited by Rimmer
flame removed

I agree with jori.

To save face,go to the family and say that you have observed that the dog is in pain.

State you know of a vet & are willing to take the dog to the vet for further examination and ask if a family member would wish to accompany you.

Then await the vet 's analysis.

Save face my arse, lets make no bones about it, this is animal cruelty and it ranks down there with beating old defenceless people and peodophilia.

As far as I am concerned these F*cks (and I dont care where they come from) should not own an animal, owning anything especially a living sentient being as a dog has responsibilities.

To the original OP.

PM within the next half hour and lets see if we can get this poor dog treated or put out of its suffering.

buddy.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

You are probably right but thought I would give it a go anyway.

Been here for about 6 months so not too many contacts built up yet but sometimes hope something will change. I am learning fast though and it seems your right and people dont care for animals.

Yeah i agree, the 32 views and no replies is a bit of a sad message about how we become isnt it. I also ran this on 2 other sites and no replies either. Assuming people dont view the same topic twice, that means up to 100 people have viewed this so far in Pattaya who have probably been here for a long time (so i would assume know people) and havent cared really. Shame !!

Rung 3 vets so far who wont come out.

Its very sad, this animal is suffering right now and no one is there. Very sad.

Thanks for your reply

I also suspect that many homo-sapiens are in dire need of help. It's a dog, not really very high up the social order.

I also suspect that many homo-sapiens are in dire need of help. It's a dog, not really very high up the social order.

Totally agree, but how many homo-sapiens are lying outside your door writhing in absolute agony?

The original poster has to be admired for his motivation and consideration for an animal suffering, have you no empathy man?

Sad... but very true.

Read my signature...

Very True ? so every Thai person you have met or know have total Disregard for Animals who are suffereing ?

Hmmm :rolleyes: It is not "very true"

There are 3 different vet practices relatively near our house that we've used. If no Thais took their dogs to the vet, they'd all be out of business. We've even had one of the vets that's done house calls.

However, I'm afraid I can't help the OP as I'm not in Pattaya.

well so 3 days ago i asked for the 2nd time what happened and no f--------r can be bothered to tell me and you say the locals dont care !!

Actually there has been activity going on, not as fast as I'd ideally wish but I'll let the original poster update you on the details.

Ownership and money has been the delaying issue.

Hi all,

Sorry about the lack of communication regarding this dog.

Yesterday Buddy from this forum very kindly came down to the house and saw the dog and I think you can all see the photo of this poor dog that he uploaded.

The latest situation is that the dog is alive but in quite a bit of pain. He has at least one broken front leg, maybe the other is sprained and cut or damaged but I don't think broken. I'm sure he has maybe some damage inside but cannot be sure. The only positives are that he does accept some sort of food and water but it has to be fed to him and cannot be anything too solid. It is clear that this dog is in clear pain. He also has open wounds on his body which the Burmese family have not bandaged up and hence all the flies are having a field day.

Myself and Buddy from this forum both went to a vet that he knows. The two options are as follows :

5000 - 6000 Baht (depending on how serious the leg is) for X ray and fixing his leg(s) and general treatment for his body

2000 Baht to put the dog to sleep and out of pain

The Burmese family are claiming that they do not have the money to do either of these options. Whether I believe them or not is not relevant although last night they did have a get together (otherwise known as a party) with many electrical appliances on the go with music, food and a couple of TVs on the go. While they were enjoying themselves this poor dog lay outside in pain. Now I wouldn't want to be too nasty here but i'm guessing these f**kers don't care or they are just blind ignorant or a combination of the two. They feed the dog and thats pretty much it.

For me its difficult because I think this dog can live and be sorted out with some help. Maybe worst case he might only have one leg working but would be out of pain and able to live so for me to give the 2000 baht to kill him would seem a shame to me but I will if i have to. I cannot afford the 5000 - 6000 Baht im afraid as I have been out of work for over a month thanks to another set of ignorant people, our freinds 'red shirts in bkk'

I know this may seem strange but i want to make an appeal to anyone who maybe would be willing to contribute to help this dog. I want to raise the 5000 baht needed to take this dog to the vet and get him sorted. If the vet decides its all over and its going to be 2000 baht to put the dog to sleep then i'm sure there is another charity somewhere to contribute the left over money.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help. Any amount would be gratefully appreciated. if you need any reassurance or reference then speak to Buddy on this forum who i met yesterday and he can verify everything.

If we can raise 5000 baht then we can help this dog. I know there are many like it and maybe this wont work but its a last try.

If i cannot raise the 5000 then i will pay the 2000 baht myself to have him put to sleep as i don't want him with the pain any longer.

If you can contribute then please PM me or Buddy.

Thanks for reading and any help in advance.

Stephen

this is taking too long

put me down for 250 baht --------------you will have to sort a meet quickly so cash can be collected-------------i suspect it could be weeks at this rate

is there such a thing as a general appeal that the moderators can put at the top of the main page----come on lads lets do it now

this is taking too long

put me down for 250 baht --------------you will have to sort a meet quickly so cash can be collected-------------i suspect it could be weeks at this rate

is there such a thing as a general appeal that the moderators can put at the top of the main page----come on lads lets do it now

Thanks very much. I hope there are some moderators looking or do you know how i can contact them ?

how can i reach you if we have enough helpers. i am only going to collect money when i have enough replies for at least 4000 or so.

Regret it is not possible to put a 'general appeal at the top of the page' for this poor animal as it is against forum rules to solicit for donations. :(

Regret it is not possible to put a 'general appeal at the top of the page' for this poor animal as it is against forum rules to solicit for donations. :(

Ok no problem.

Is there anything else you can think of that would maximise this exposure ?

Thanks

Poor dog.. :( I'd donate 500 baht if we could find others who would do the same to be able to raise the full 5,000..

It's disgusting how this dog has been treated by the owners.. It should have been taken straight away. Good on you for trying to help.. :)