Passenger Given 11 Months In Air Rage Incident

hansum

This utter pr7ck needs naming and shaming, and another blot on the British so called justice system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7869254/Property-developer-who-went-on-drunken-rampage-on-plane-escapes-prison.html

James Green, 31, tried to force open the rear aircraft door after flight staff refused to serve him any more alcohol.

He head butted, punched and kicked stewards and tore his shirt off during the Thai Air flight on November 12 last year from Bangkok to Heathrow in London.

Green had started drinking as soon as he boarded and within three hours his blood alcohol level was five and a half times the legal driving limit.

When staff refused to continue serving him he ran to the lavatory, emptied the bins on the floor before trying to prise open the doors at the rear of the plane

After sitting down on a passenger who was in the row behind him he proceeded to spit on him repeatedly in the face.

Staff said they feared he would try and gain access to the cockpit as he climbed the stairs to the business class section of the 747.

One male steward was headbutted when he tried to restrain him.

Eventually he was wrestled to the ground and restrained with cords before passing out.

When police met the plane on landing Green claimed he couldn't remember the incident.

When he was arrested he said: "But I've apologised."

Sentencing Green to 11 months in prison, suspended for two years, and ordering him to pay £4,800 cost and compensation, Judge Andrew McDowall said: "The brutally simple fact is that you drank much more than you are capable of handling. Violent and drunken behaviour under any circumstances is unpleasant in public houses and bars.

"People can be literally thrown out and I dare say there was a school of thought that that should be extended to aircraft as well. But as it is, when you are travelling on a long distance flight there is no escape from the kind of behaviour that you have displayed."

Green, who lives in Thailand and has a Thai partner, pleaded guilty to being drunk on an aircraft, interfering with the performance of an aircraft crew member and two counts of common assault.

• Like 2

<br>Disgusting behavior, part of the 'drunk culture' many people exhibit here and in Europe as well.<br>
<br>Potentially taking down a plane(if its possible to open these doors midflight), headbutting people at work and spitting on passengers is taking things to a new level imho.<br><br>But then again he apologised so its tickityboo.<br><br><br>

not possible to open doors mid flight as they open inwards.

Reminds me, had a fellow sit next to me once who I observed take 2 xanax, he was walking around the plane with a cigarette smoking shortly thereafter, claimed to remember nothing when he came out of it

Never seen a 747 passenger doors open inwards before. Perhaps you meant outwards. Won't open in flight due to pressure. Theres so many knobs on flights these days, pity they dont have an ejector seat or electrocution chamber or something.

Heres a picture of a 747 with its door open, outwards.

http://img294.imageshack.us/i/cls10aj4.jpg/

Edited by neverdie

Never seen a 747 passenger doors open inwards before. Perhaps you meant outwards. Won't open in flight due to pressure. Theres so many knobs on flights these days, pity they dont have an ejector seat or electrocution chamber or something.

Heres a picture of a 747 with its door open, outwards.

http://img294.imageshack.us/i/cls10aj4.jpg/

Here is an explanation why

http://everything2.com/title/Why+airplane+doors+can%2527t+be+opened+mid-flight

Or severally restrained and roped to a seat with no head movement sat in front of a TV monitor, mouth stuffed with a sock and headphones on made to watch and listen to Thai soap opera's for the duration of the 12 hour journey!

Bleeebee blooobee baba!

Or severally restrained and roped to a seat with no head movement sat in front of a TV monitor, mouth stuffed with a sock and headphones on made to watch and listen to Thai soap opera's for the duration of the 12 hour journey!

Bleeebee blooobee baba!

SADIST! :lol:

why is it a blot on the British justice system, the guy was found guilty, suspended prison sentence and a large fine.<br><br>he got drunk &lt;deleted&gt; and made a nuisance of himself, if everyone went to jail for that they would need bigger jails.<br><br>and before the forum idiots chirp in I am not defending the guy, far from it, however lets keep some perspective.<br>

He didn't even go to Jail!<br><br>

Pity he was flying towards Thailand when he done this vile act, im sure the Thai courts have much more common sense in such cases.

A more simple, drastic and much more appropriate solution would be to give all the airlines this Guys details and bar him from flying with any of them. What a complete pain in the ass this idiot is and how very unsettling for all the poor passengers regardless of inward or outward opening doors.:annoyed:

A couple of years ago I was traveling back from Abu Dhabi on Etihad Business Class and there was one guy (British), who got extremely drunk and belligerent.

In the end he was accusing the crew of putting broken glass in his champagne and he refused to put his seat belt on for landing.

When we arrived in Bangkok the police were there he was arrested and taken away.

Anyway I was again returning from Abu Dhabi, a few months later and low and behold they same guy was on the flight, in exactly the same seat.

He was drunk again, but not really making a nuisance of himself.

So I would seem that Etihad obviously looked at this guy as being a frequent flyer and they were willing to put up with his behavior.

A couple of years ago I was traveling back from Abu Dhabi on Etihad Business Class and there was one guy (British), who got extremely drunk and belligerent.

In the end he was accusing the crew of putting broken glass in his champagne and he refused to put his seat belt on for landing.

When we arrived in Bangkok the police were there he was arrested and taken away.

Anyway I was again returning from Abu Dhabi, a few months later and low and behold they same guy was on the flight, in exactly the same seat.

So I would seem that Etihad obviously looked at this guy as being a frequent flyer and they were willing to put up with his behavior.

Business class guarantees you nothing, Ive flown in it many time and come to the conclusion if you can nab the emergency exit seats in economy then business is way way overpriced I only upgrade now if i cant get the exit seats. Ive had lousy service in business class and its still full of yobs. Yobs with more money but still yobs.

Emirates at best indifferent, sometimes good sometimes bad 50/50

Business class guarantees you nothing, Ive flown in it many time and come to the conclusion if you can nab the emergency exit seats in economy then business is way way overpriced I only upgrade now if i cant get the exit seats. Ive had lousy service in business class and its still full of yobs. Yobs with more money but still yobs.

The point I was making was not about yobs in economyor bussiness class, but the act that Etihad were willing to take a passenger with a track record of causing trouble.

The point I was making was not about yobs in economyor bussiness class, but the act that Etihad were willing to take a passenger with a track record of causing trouble.

The point Im making is the airlines dont give a hoot once they have had your money. Ive had endless complaints with Emirates, Ive had economy passengers come into business and let their kids the back of my seat whislt Ive paid a premium of 4 times the economy fair, never got anywhere with even one of my complaints. Theyll take your money and leave you half dead I would think. Someone I know staggered into business class with a baby and got no help off the stewards or hostesses, no she wasnt drunk just had her hands full.

I digress what was the OP again???

Mate, Shitetihad Airlines is like the rest of them, they will take money off anyone, you don't seriously they run quick checks on people before they sell them tickets, do you? The only thing they are interested in is checking the line of credit for payment.

Guy is lucky to make it out in one piece. <br><br>The captain of an aircraft is permitted to use any force he or she deems necessary to maintain the safety/integrity of their airship, which could feasibly include summary execution. <br>

They should have imposed a no flight for life on him, that would have made him remember, How would he have got back to Thailand, personally I do not believe anybody who says I cannot remember because I was drunk. He lives in Thailand so nothing to do with Us Brits for a change.

That food should be sentenced to a few years in prison.

Most airline food should be sentenced to a few years in prison. That would certainly give people an extra incentive not to go to prison.

A few years ago passenger on Southwest Airlines caused a problem and hid fellow passengers sat on the guy, dead on arrival. Evidently to much weight could not breath.

No more flying for him.

Hansum

You really are amazingly predictable.

Read your Post header and thought here we go again yet another anti Brit Post.Was one drunk really worth a post?

I hope you can have peace of mind one day.

Mai Pen Rai Papa's here for you!

P.S Didnt bother to read the rest of no doubt a rant.

Guy is lucky to make it out in one piece. <br><br>The captain of an aircraft is permitted to use any force he or she deems necessary to maintain the safety/integrity of their airship, which could feasibly include summary execution. <br>

Of course the aircarft was never in any danger at all. It's impossible to open a door when the cabin is pressurised so there was no real danger anyway.

Too bad the airlines don't have in flight, emergency exits for people like that.... It would solve a lot of problems.

As in ..." Come this way sir, we have a special drinking section just for you. Here, take this bottle of whiskey and please sit in this lovely comfortable seat." Then, close the door on that section, touch a button and... whoosh... problem solved. :lol: :lol:

I was on my way back from Nairobi to Amsterdam a few years ago. On a plane full of American church volunteers...not a fun flight. Anyway, across the isle was an extremely drunk guy. I think he was British, but not 100% sure. Spoke English. Kept bugging the girl next to me. And hassling anybody who would listen to him. They eventually cut him off and he was pissed. Yelling, cursing, really bad. The attendants tried to get him to calm down but he wouldn't.

Eventually the pilot came back and really laid into him. The big attendants moved the guy to the back of the plane and sat on each side of him.

As we landed, we were told not to get up as there was a medical emergency. Airport police came on, 3 huge dudes, and hauled the guy off in handcuffs. Everybody around us started clapping....

I wonder if he got into any trouble or was just put in the drunk tank?

He didn't even go to Jail!<br><br>

Pity he was flying towards Thailand when he done this vile act, im sure the Thai courts have much more common sense in such cases.

To right. He should be banged up to really teach him a lesson. Suspended sentence is a cop out and he probably left court with a big smile.