• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 6

Words sentences that are offensive

2. 30

Tobbaco

3. 14

Why Does Kamala Harris Disrespect Minorities by Imitating their Accents.?

4. 2

Pickup Truck Driver Falls Asleep, Crashes into 2 Motorcycles, Leaving 1 Dead & 1 Injured

5. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

6. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

7. 1

Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

8. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 105

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

10. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

11. 1,007

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

12. 6

Words sentences that are offensive

Clothes For Grandchidren

Pramjod

My Mother enjoys going to Gap in England and doing a big shop for our Children here in Chiang Mai a few times every year. She always send the clothes by DHL and she always marks very clearly on the parcel " PRESENTS " . Every time I go to collect the box from DHL they show me a slip of paper that they tell me is from the Thai Customs and inform me that there is an extra Thai Custom charge of 2000 Baht. This slip of paper is never stamped and I always question the validity of it. The last time DHL delivered the parcel to our home and the driver showed me the same slip of paper and asked me to pay an extra 2000 baht. This time I refused to pay the extra charge as I told him that all the charges for delivery had been payed in England after a heated conversation in Thai for 10 minutes he just left the parcel with me and said all Farangs refused to pay the extra charge. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience of receiving parcels marked " Presents " and if DHL is actually within their rights to charge me an extra 2000 baht customs charge each time for clothes. We are expecting another parcel any day from DHL and I hope that someone may know if I should actually have to pay this extra 2000 baht.

Thanks.

My mother uses the Royal Mail. Takes about 5 or 6 days. We always have to pay an extra 7 Baht. Not sure why.

Iain

My Mother always sends the kids presents by Royal Mail, my son is now six and has received a good dozen probably more packages from the UK of which none have gone missing, the longest they have taken is 2 weeks to arrive.

I've never been charged anything for them.

I think there is some international agreement regarding customs charges and the official post.

I know in Australia small purches under $250 or so are exempt if sent to australia through the post but attract duty and gst if they come by courier and that is official Government policy.