New Pier For Thongsala - Koh Phangan Soon.

Soon new pier at Thongsala - Koh Pha Ngan, with a Royal Army Ship for Museum.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, but its all i get..........

the boat will be on the top left

the top right exist allready, public garden.

They have begin to make the fondations for welcome the boat, and the manager told me than all will be finished within 6 months.......

I cannot believe it, but wait and see...................

post-72562-016548900 1278149890_thumb.jp

post-72562-067942600 1278149910_thumb.jp

post-72562-091065000 1278149929_thumb.jp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot believe it either...

Is that the same location where is the karaoke and Mr. (auto-censured!) used to rent jetski and gone lost?!?

Anyway, even if it's true... that is completely insane to open a marina there because half of the year the waters are to shallow...

Unless they dig even more than they did several years ago?!?

Also, as far as I remember, locales mostly use this channel as a boat garage during the raining season for those who are on the east coast,

I cannot believe it either...

Is that the same location where is the karaoke and Mr. (auto-censured!) used to rent jetski and gone lost?!?

Anyway, even if it's true... that is completely insane to open a marina there because half of the year the waters are to shallow...

Unless they dig even more than they did several years ago?!?

Also, as far as I remember, locales mostly use this channel as a boat garage during the raining season for those who are on the east coast,

but its real......... i have talk with the engeener reponsible of the project - Compagny named : Greenco Marine Construction .

The karaoke will not deseapper, the project just stop along the street who allready exist along the coast. The jetski rental have deseapear since a while......

I guess they will dig more........ i have see plan of all and its looks really very serious.

see u on fb.....................

Edited by michemiche

There are some minor details missing from those artist's conception pics:

Missing - Thongsala shanty town.

Missing - Thongsala's raw sewerage pouring out from kitchen corner into the south-western coral.

Missing - sewerage/rubbish-covered north-western lagoon.

Missing - rubbish (from wholesale dumping by boats) lining up the beaches and sandbanks.

Missing - bungalow and taxi touts accosting new arrivals.

seeing is believing for me because if you believe every rumour then kpn would have had alreade 4 airports an 10 mc donalds etc etc.

so when that pier is finished and i can walk on it i believe it.

seeing is believing for me because if you believe every rumour then kpn would have had alreade 4 airports an 10 mc donalds etc etc.

but i am not surprised, i dont expect a lot of guy from thaivisa........ so

its not a rumour at all, this is real, they are making it right now. Work have begin since about 2 weeks allready.

but if u are not in koh pha nganm u cannot know,

Edited by sbk
flame removed-mind your manners

Where are they working?

Royal Army Ship Museum, maybe Royal Thai Navy Ship. In Koh Phangan? For who??

And a marina?

Cruise Ships?

This is a sick dream of some influential who is counting now the money of his fat cut.

its not a rumour at all, this is real, they are making it right now. Work have begin since about 2 weeks allready.

only living on kpn the last 7 yrs, just arrived at the pier from a trip to the mainland saw no work in progress.

have heard so many rumours that I came to this seeing is believing, but what can you expect of somebody who believes in fairy tails.

why are you then on thaivisa?

Edited by baco

only living on kpn the last 7 yrs, just arrived at the pier from a trip to the mainland saw no work in progress.

have heard so many rumours that I came to this seeing is believing, but what can you expect of somebody who believes in fairy tails.

why are you then on thaivisa?

If u really living on koh Pha ngan, just move a little bit your xxxxx and open your eyes and you will see than something is moving...

I think after that i will delete this post, coz its seems than nobody here are a bit...........

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (sorry SBK but i cannot hold myself.)

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed. ONLY English please.Rooo.

Don't get yourself so worked up. Just take actual pictures & post them here.

PS , No swearing in French, I understand.:)

I don't feel any need to proof that I really life on koh pha ngan as long as I know it for myself.

And that a simple and small remark like seeing is believing is causing so much uproar, flaming posts and all I thought that everybody had its right to an opinion.

and be honest how many rumours we had on this island about things that were coming and in the end never came.

I just became a bit sceptical and that is a crime on this forum apparently.

waiting on more rude language towards me, easy hey on a forum instead of saying it to somebody in person.

Edited by baco

I don't feel any need to proof that I really life on koh pha ngan as long as I know it for myself.

And that a simple and small remark like seeing is believing is causing so much uproar, flaming posts and all I thought that everybody had its right to an opinion.

and be honest how many rumours we had on this island about things that were coming and in the end never came.

waiting on more rude language towards me, easy hey on a forum instead of saying it to somebody in person.

Don't know why you are quoting me in your reply, when this wasn't addressed to you Baco.

Simply asking the OP to get some pics. Nothing to do with you or where you live. Calm down.

Don't know why you are quoting me in your reply, when this wasn't addressed to you Baco.

Simply asking the OP to get some pics. Nothing to do with you or where you live. Calm down.

sorry roo,

made a mistake in the quote's my sincere appologies.

it was meant for michemiche

baco

Edited by baco

Hey guys !!! What's the fuss about??? I live here and will let you know when I see the new pier. So relaxe!

Marina for what?  :coffee1:

i will check tomorrow if there is anything serious happening and report what a fuss

Hey guys !!! What's the fuss about??? I live here and will let you know when I see the new pier. So relaxe!

Marina for what?   :coffee1:

i will check tomorrow if there is anything serious happening and report what a fuss

Don't worry, mate!

They are going to make concrete EVERYWHERE.

So sad if you remember that place here 20 years ago.  :crying:

so, did they or did they not start building

Edited by Birdman

Yeah, saw some diggers there months ago , doing some digging,

SO?

Will take time or not happening at all.

You want to bet?

I'll say:

60:40

that there will be done some thing,

sometimes... :coffee1:

Edited by frankman

If u really living on koh Pha ngan, just move a little bit your xxxxx and open your eyes and you will see than something is moving...

I think after that i will delete this post, coz its seems than nobody here are a bit...........

something is moving yeah the tides.

something is moving yeah the tides.

The tide allways is moving.  B)

Evening all

A marina on Koh Phangan is fantastic news (if true)

Thailand has an acute shortage of marinas, in all but a few cases the existing ones are full to capacity with a waiting list for berths, Well considered marinas are money spinners, why Thailand has been dragging its feet when it come to building more is completely beyond me,

If Koh Phangan has pulled this off, and it actually happens, then who ever is behind it deserves a huge pat on the back, and a new S class Mercedes for him, his wife his mia noi or mia nois, it has the potential to bring a lot of prosperity to the Island, There is no shortage of clients, I am sure alot of boat owners in Samui, would prefer to see there boats safely berthed here rather than at anchor in Bang Rak, at certain times

Koh Phangan / Tong Sala is a great location for a marina, berthing facility, Anthong National Marine Park and surrounding Islands are brilliant cruising territory.

However I am totally sceptical, originally the only talk was of an old warship called "Koh Phangan" retiring here as a museum / tourist attraction, in the bay to the north of the Songserm pier, work on this has almost ground to a halt this last 10 days, Natives tell me the company behind it, have always been looking for a grant from the public purse, so why not propose a new pier , or even marina, as they cost more to build than a cradle for a veteran war ship.

Who knows next week there might be Asia's tallest tower being built in Tong Sala, especially if they cost more than marinas, and are eligible for government grants.

Why we need a second marina is completely beyond me, the existing one is more than adequate. http://www.phanganyachtclub.com/

Night All

Edited by politeguy