World Cup 2010 - Which Country Will Win The 2010 Wc ?

LaoPo

2010 World Cup - South Africa  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that the last 4 countries are known and will meet each other in the HALF FINALS on July 6 and 7, it will be an interesting Poll to learn about the opinions of our members.

ALL Votes should be entered 15 minutes -LATEST !!- BEFORE the end of the second HALF FINAL between Germany & Spain on Wednesday July 7 - 2010.

After that, another POLL will be opened which country will win the WORLD CUP when the 2 finalist countries are known on July 7th after that match has ended.

?? WHICH COUNTRY WINS THE WORLD CUP 2010 ??

URUGUAY

-- >>> HALF FINAL: July 6, 20.30 local time SA or 01.30AM July 7 Thailand time

HOLLAND

--

GERMANY

-- >>> HALF FINAL: July 7, 20.30 local time SA or 01.30AM July 8, Thailand time

SPAIN

LaoPo

On the evidence of last night its got to be the Germans but there have been so many upsets so far,who knows !cool.gif

I do hope the Dutch win it....certainly should make the final.

PS:Whats this "HALF FINAL" nonsense ?? It should be "SEMI FINAL" which is the correct soccer terminology !whistling.gif

I'm no good at predicting, but I'm supporting Uruguay. Underdogs are more fun.

Anyway, can someone confirm the SCHEDULE for the finals?

This Thai based link appears to be wrong --

http://www.phtnews.com/top-news/114-fifa-2010-world-cup-round-2?catid=29%3Aheadlines

Showing the semifinal games to be played tonight! How is that possible with no rest?

I think this schedule from the Washington Post is the correct one (eastern US time zone though). Please confirm.

Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Semifinals

Time Home Away Venue/Result

11:30 AM PT12:30 PM MT1:30 PM CT2:30 PM ET18:30 GMT20:30 GMT+219:30 21:30 KSA4:30 AM AET0:00 IST2:30 AM SST2:30 AM 北京时间11:30 AM MST1:30 PM EST Uruguay Holland Green Point Stadium

Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Semifinals

11:30 AM PT12:30 PM MT1:30 PM CT2:30 PM ET18:30 GMT20:30 GMT+219:30 21:30 KSA4:30 AM AET0:00 IST2:30 AM SST2:30 AM 北京时间11:30 AM MST1:30 PM EST Germany Spain Moses Mabhida Stadium

Saturday, 10 July 2010

Third Place Game

11:30 AM PT12:30 PM MT1:30 PM CT2:30 PM ET18:30 GMT20:30 GMT+219:30 21:30 KSA4:30 AM AET0:00 IST2:30 AM SST2:30 AM 北京时间11:30 AM MST1:30 PM EST Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium

Sunday, 11 July 2010

Final

11:30 AM PT12:30 PM MT1:30 PM CT2:30 PM ET18:30 GMT20:30 GMT+219:30 21:30 KSA4:30 AM AET0:00 IST2:30 AM SST2:30 AM 北京时间11:30 AM MST1:30 PM EST Soccer City

Edited by Jingthing

My guess is: Germany will crash Holland.

wonderful team, strong fitted humble players, the best coach

I thought you were my friend Angiud :P

But many seem to forget that Germany isn't unbeatable......Serbia beat Germany on this tournament with 1:0....June 18th and that was some weeks ago!

Serbia of all teams, a small country but with a good strategy and a good fighting spirit.

No team is unbeatable and FEW on this forum could have believed that Brazil was beaten by Holland and Argentina by Germany; France out, Italy out, England out.....

All of the great teams are out and it's interesting to learn that 3 countries from the European continent are in the half finals and just one tiny South American country: Uruguay and they're still in because of that ball-stop by his hands in the goal by Suarez.

Nothing is impossible.

LaoPo

I'm no good at predicting, but I'm supporting Uruguay. Underdogs are more fun.

Anyway, can someone confirm the SCHEDULE for the finals?

This Thai based link appears to be wrong --

http://www.phtnews.c...=29%3Aheadlines

Showing the semifinal games to be played tonight! How is that possible with no rest?

I think this schedule from the Washington Post is the correct one (eastern US time zone though). Please confirm.

This is the correct schedule - by FIFA:

Half finals:

July 6 - 20.30 local time - 01.30 Thai time July 7 - URUGUAY - HOLLAND in Cape Town

July 7 - 20.30 local time - 01.30 Thai time July 8 - GERMANY - SPAIN in Durban

http://www.fifa.com/...ches/index.html

LaoPo

Uruguay and they're still in because of that ball-stop by his hands in the goal by Suarez.

Yes, disgusting. Sadly not the only game to have swung on a bit of cheating.

No, they lost because of the Ghanian Gyan's missed free kick! Serves those cheeky Ghanians right for beating the USA (again).

Viva Uruguay.

post-37101-003991100 1278238593_thumb.jp

On the evidence of last night its got to be the Germans but there have been so many upsets so far,who knows !cool.gif

PS:Whats this "HALF FINAL" nonsense ?? It should be "SEMI FINAL" which is the correct soccer terminology !whistling.gif

:lol:

btw I voted Germany based on what i saw last night, totally outclassed the Argies, and they were supposed to be good

Edited by Donnyboy

Uruguay and they're still in because of that ball-stop by his hands in the goal by Suarez.

Yes, disgusting. Sadly not the only game to have swung on a bit of cheating.

No, they lost because of the Ghanian Gyan's missed free kick! Serves those cheeky Ghanians right for beating the USA (again).

Viva Uruguay.

post-37101-003991100 1278238593_thumb.jp

Do you mean penalty?

You're correct; I used the direct translation for the words, used in my own country. We don't say Semi-Final but Half-Final.

Will you be able to ever forgive me ? :unsure:

I have already forgiven you, for using this horrible word (soccer), only used in the USA, for the worldwide beloved game of Football :P

LaoPo

You're correct; I used the direct translation for the words, used in my own country. We don't say Semi-Final but Half-Final.

LaoPo

If the Dutch beat the Germans I'll forgive you anythingpartytime2.gif

The Dutch have been very impressive up to now but I hope you dont mind me mentioning that you have a weak link in your side.

Nigel de Jong.....I think he's meant to be the holding midfield player but is very slow.....anyone running at him with speed has him floundering.

Havent you got someone a bit more mobile than him.......could be the difference between winning and losing the World Cup !

PS:The Germans have a big weakness.....their keeper.....spills the ball and flaps at crosses......surely one of their opponents can exploit this.

LaoPo

If the Dutch beat the Germans I'll forgive you anythingpartytime2.gif

The Dutch have been very impressive up to now but I hope you dont mind me mentioning that you have a weak link in your side.

Nigel de Jong.....I think he's meant to be the holding midfield player but is very slow.....anyone running at him with speed has him floundering.

Havent you got someone a bit more mobile than him.......could be the difference between winning and losing the World Cup !

PS:The Germans have a big weakness.....their keeper.....spills the ball and flaps at crosses......surely one of their opponents can exploit this.

1. Personally I don't think Holland has played the best of their matches and according to their abilities...yet.

But, they won everything so far and haven't lost either 24 or 25 international matches (I lost track) and won ALL 4 games on the WC until now.

NO country on the WC has done that!

Nigel de Jong: yes, you're right he's a holding midfield player and not too fast but not too slow either; but he isn't the problem for the next game against Uruguay since he received 2 "yellows" and can't play.

He could be substituted with either Demy de ZEEUW or Stijn SCHAARS, not to forget the forward midfielder Ibrahim AFELLAY; not being a holding midfielder but he's so darn fast that your eyes will have trouble, following him :rolleyes:

2. German keeper: he had not so much to do so far but we'll see.....;)

LaoPo

I have already forgiven you, for using this horrible word (soccer), only used in the USA, for the worldwide beloved game of Football :P

LaoPo

It is called Soccer in Oz as well.....hence the Socceroos nickname

LaoPo

It is called Soccer in Oz as well.....hence the Socceroos nickname

I forgive them....big continent..small population of a mere 22,5M :lol:

LaoPo

Yes,that Ibrahim Affelay.....he's been coming on as substitute late on and,your right,he is very quick and looks very useful !

I didnt realise De Jong had picked up two yellows.....might work to your advantage.biggrin.gif

Holland and Spain will meet at the final with the Spaniards winning the WC.

Although they are not playing a brilliant football as they did during Euro 2008, they have an excellent group of players that have been playing together for the last four years with great success and they will have the best possible end of an era by winning the first WC for Spain.

The Uru's sure showed some serious spunk trying to come back last minute from 1-3 and still having a shot at it in the last moments.

Anyway, that dream is shattered, so now of course it's the Dutch to win over Spain! Germany, , nein, nein.

The Uru's sure showed some serious spunk trying to come back last minute from 1-3 and still having a shot at it in the last moments.

Anyway, that dream is shattered, so now of course it's the Dutch to win over Spain! Germany, , nein, nein.

The Krauts don't have a chance if their goal keeper is in question. Every goal that Holland got today was off the post.