A Bottle Of Water And Two Glasses, Please

twofortheroad

If someone drank Sodas for 30 Baht a pop at the same rate others down small beers, wouldn't the profit margin be about the same?

I guess the problem is that Soda drinkers probably couldn't keep up with the alcy's.

I still don't see how chasing away people is helping business. If someone is nursing a beverage all night, they might not be generating income for the proprietor that evening. However an empty bar doesn't attract clientele either. 3 people in a bar will bring in more customers than a place that is empty. Even if said customers aren't drinking much. You also don't know if the same people might come back next time with a group of people to spend a small fortune just because last time they had fun.

Imagine if a bookshop owner kicked people out because they didn't buy any book while they were browsing. Many successful business don't stress the sale and actually end up doing better.

A well trained staff will definitely help things out rather than forcing customers to drink or leave.

If someone drank Sodas for 30 Baht a pop at the same rate others down small beers, wouldn't the profit margin be about the same?

I guess the problem is that Soda drinkers probably couldn't keep up with the alcy's.

The OP was about a couple sharing one bottle of water. Profit margins don't come into that equation. 

What is the relevance of how much alcoholics drink? The average customer in a pub is not an alcoholic. 

I should elaborate.

I don't really like drinking alcohol. Then again I don't like hanging out in bars either.

when ordering a bottle of water in a bar. I have been told that it costs as much as a domestic beer. I just say Ok. I drink my bottle and get what else I came for and leave.

"I'LL have a bottle of Water please. Thank you".

I should elaborate.

I don't really like drinking alcohol. Then again I don't like hanging out in bars either.

when ordering a bottle of water in a bar. I have been told that it costs as much as a domestic beer. I just say Ok. I drink my bottle and get what else I came for and leave.

One has to wonder therefore, why you chose to join a htread about water drinkers in bars. Bored were you? Try a beer!

Sorry dudes, i know this is a Chiang Mai forum but yeh, the same principle applies anywhere does it not?.

I was in a bar in BK recently watching the football. I got there early so at that stage there was only me and two other guys sitting on stools at the bar. I notice another farang and his thai wife had plonked themselves smack bang in front of the big screen, on a table which could have possibly accomodated three or four....

AND YES..they order ONE small bottle of water.

About an hour later one of the guys on the stools called out to the publican by name..

"Hey, **** ill have another Heinekin.....someones gotta keep the place goin hehe"

then his mate.. "yeh, and ill have a plate of fries"

This farang !#$%^ cocked his head half a notch but otherwise didnt flinch and inch until the end of match..and didnt even bother to buy another water

:o

No shame,

Aussies have a term for 'em..something about bodily fluids of a claret colour and freeloaders :whistling:

Edited by ozzieovaseas

"I'LL have a bottle of Water please. Thank you".

I should elaborate.

One has to wonder therefore, why you chose to join a htread about water drinkers in bars. Bored were you? Try a beer!

I'm a water drinker and occasionaly go to bars.

It's a fine line. As a a customer, I find cheap charlie bar owners worse.

Case in point, I was watching a WC game in a bar - which shall not be named here - the place was pretty packed, standing room only. I stood there with a beer. Suddenly the farang bar owner came up to a Thai couple next to me and rudely told them they'd have to order something in order to stay. Well turns out they had ordered beers, which they had temporarily put down on the floor behind them.

I thought he was being ridiculous, not to mention rude. I left at half time to consume more beers in another place (where I stayed until midnight and bought about 10 more drinks for myself and friends.

Many things you can do. I think I'd probably take the next couple of people that want to come in but don't find room, and let them share the table with the cheap charlies. Prepare lots of chairs. And pack the place to the hilt. Then a few cheapies in the middle don't hurt. Exception: Groups of Israelis. Just kick them out. There's no winning with them, unless you're a place that's set up to deal with them specifically.

Edited by nikster

Case in point, I was watching a WC game in a bar - which shall not be named here - the place was pretty packed, standing room only. I stood there with a beer. Suddenly the farang bar owner came up to a Thai couple next to me and rudely told them they'd have to order something in order to stay. Well turns out they had ordered beers, which they had temporarily put down on the floor behind them.

I thought he was being ridiculous, not to mention rude. I left at half time to consume more beers in another place (where I stayed until midnight and bought about 10 more drinks for myself and friends.

Many things you can do. I think I'd probably take the next couple of people that want to come in but don't find room, and let them share the table with the cheap charlies. Prepare lots of chairs. And pack the place to the hilt. Then a few cheapies in the middle don't hurt. Exception: Groups of Israelis. Just kick them out. There's no winning with them, unless you're a place that's set up to deal with them specifically.

You're showing a lot of class not naming the place.. Still, I would like to know which bar it was. PM is okay too.

Water drinkers of the world unite. ;)

You're showing a lot of class not naming the place.. Still, I would like to know which bar it was. PM is okay too.

I'd love to know which bar this is too?

I'm surprised, what with it being so packed with standing room only, that the drinks on the floor never got knocked over!

I presume all the Israeli bashers here understand Hebrew.....or perhaps it is the yellow star that's a giveaway?

The anti semites have a habit of rearing their nasty heads when the opportunity arises.

I'm surprised, what with it being so packed with standing room only, that the drinks on the floor never got knocked over!

Which one of you will tell us all? I'd like to know, but only because I'm nosey.

Edited by twofortheroad

Ok , if no one will say, there is more ways than one to skin a cat.

Lets name the bars it WASN'T .... I'll start, it wasn't The Pun Pun.

Now everybody should be able to get a plug.

G

..... and in the end, the last one unnamed ........ well

Edited by ThePunPun

Ok , if no one will say, there is more ways than one to skin a cat.

Lets name the bars it WASN'T .... I'll start, it wasn't The Pun Pun.

Now everybody should be able to get a plug.

G

..... and in the end, the last one unnamed ........ well

well it cant have been one bar because it has free water doesn't it?

I presume all the Israeli bashers here understand Hebrew.....or perhaps it is the yellow star that's a giveaway?

The anti semites have a habit of rearing their nasty heads when the opportunity arises.

indeed, and on that rather ugly note

//CLOSED//