Sansiri are one of the best around, the build quality is one of the highest in thailand. I live in one of their condominiums which is of very high quality.

And whilst they might be the best even sometimes their quality is not so good, Las Tortugas down in Hua Hin I had one there where the whole floor started to lift and only a concerted fight by residents got them to admit they hadnt done it properly in all of the units, they refunded the cost of new floors............eventually.

Of course at first they denied it!!

Edited by yabaaaa

Sansiri are one of the best around, the build quality is one of the highest in thailand. I live in one of their condominiums which is of very high quality.

And whilst they might be the best even sometimes their quality is not so good, Las Tortugas down in Hua Hin I had one there where the whole floor started to lift and only a concerted fight by residents got them to admit they hadnt done it properly in all of the units, they refunded the cost of new floors............eventually.

Floor finishes lifting off the concrete slab? Cause is probably due to excessive deflection from too thin a floor slab for the column spans. Other problems that may follow are cracking of wall plaster and misalignment of door frames.

A couple of months back Sansiri became the largest house developer in Thailand, overtaking Land & Houses.

I bought a detached house from them a couple of months ago, so it's early to say whether there will be any problems, but they completed on time (in fact a couple of weeks early), and the house was in an immaculate state when handed over. (This differs radically from my experiences with British builders.)

In negotiation before purchase I found them much more flexible than L&H, and they were prepared to make some changes to the design. (L&H was totally inflexible.)

Post-handover they've been quite happy to make some small changes at no extra charge, and to fix a few minor problems. (They even came to cut the grass a couple of times after I'd taken possession.)

The houses are well-insulated, so are relatively cool (at least compared to my last place).

I do have a problem with the kitchen - it's Thai-style and really too small for me. I'm going to have to spend quite a bit on getting it remodelled so it works with a hob and oven.

The toilet bowls are also rather small.

Some small design features aren't great. The big sliding gate is a real pain to lock.

Typically they end up managing the development for several years after completion; they're keen to maintain the standards so as to protect their reputation. This means beautifully tended garden areas and security guards with a rather military bearing. Security seems to be very tight; in my last moobaan I never had the trunk of my car checked on arrival and exit - but it's happened at my current place, albeit before I moved in permanently.

All in all, so far I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

I also live in a Sansiri development (3 years now) and tend to agree with AyG especially on the subject of the kitchen, but this is a Thai developer building for the Thai market, so I have always been ok with that.

I would just add that regardless of the status of developer its always important to be detail oriented on the handover of any property.

We pointed out over 20 items that we wanted revised or improved before we accepted handover and Sansiri handled it without complaint and transferred on time. After sales service was also very good I felt, with gardening, and even a few repairs to items we missed in handover, all were attended to promptly by polite capable staff.

So yes, you can count me as another satisfied Sansiri customer.

The houses are well-insulated, so are relatively cool (at least compared to my last place).

All in all, so far I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

My wife and I have looked at these alot recently, some good looking houses, which house type did you buy?

I'm most interested in their insultation however, but there is little info on the web site. What are the insulated elements?

Walls; cavity / insultation board?

Double glazing; gap / K-Glass?

Loft insultation; type / depth?

Do they give you any u-values?

I own a couple of Sansiri condo units, one in inner Sukhumvit and the other near Phrom Phong BTS. We've had problems with both developments.

If you are considering buying a Sansiri condo, these are some of the quality problems we have encountered:-

We had to have the swimming pool completely re-tiled in both condo's, and the car park floor re-surfaced in one development to alleviate flooding after heavy rain. Several unit owners have also complained about quality of the (Starmark) kitchen cabinets and wardrobes used in one of the 2 developments, and rusty balconly railings. Also the doors used in both developments were not very strong and all interior doors in one of the condo developments had to be replaced.

For the big ticket problems such as the pool tiling and the car park flooding, there was push-back from Sansiri and we had to raise the issue with a Sansiri managing director, in order to get corrective action taken. For the other items they were quite responsive in fixing things.

My concern is the poor quality control they exercise over their sub-contractors, and I hope they can address this in future developments or otherwise their reputation may eventually be tarnished somewhat.

I own a couple of Sansiri condo units, one in inner Sukhumvit and the other near Phrom Phong BTS. We've had problems with both developments.

If you are considering buying a Sansiri condo, these are some of the quality problems we have encountered:-

We had to have the swimming pool completely re-tiled in both condo's, and the car park floor re-surfaced in one development to alleviate flooding after heavy rain. Several unit owners have also complained about quality of the (Starmark) kitchen cabinets and wardrobes used in one of the 2 developments, and rusty balconly railings. Also the doors used in both developments were not very strong and all interior doors in one of the condo developments had to be replaced.

For the big ticket problems such as the pool tiling and the car park flooding, there was push-back from Sansiri and we had to raise the issue with a Sansiri managing director, in order to get corrective action taken. For the other items they were quite responsive in fixing things.

My concern is the poor quality control they exercise over their sub-contractors, and I hope they can address this in future developments or otherwise their reputation may eventually be tarnished somewhat.

Some of the issues listed by you are design faults, and not sub-quality work. Flooding is due to lack of slope, gutters and drainage points. Cost cutting by specifying hollowcore doors.

What went wrong with the tiles in the pool? I did notice that the metal railing at the swimming pool seen from the frontage of the Sukhumvit 24 project is painted mild steel, when stainless steel should have been used due to chlorine or salt in the pool.

Edited by trogers

trogers,

Regarding the car-park flooding, the Co-Owners Committee checked the original plans from the architect/engineer which indicated that the car-park should not have flooded. So we believe that the problem was with the building company and Sansiri's poor quality control over-sight on the building company's work.

The grout between the pool tiles lifted in many places. There were also water leaks in the waterfalls adjacent to the swimming pools.

Before I settled on my second unit, I questioned the Sansiri staff about the quality of the balcony railings since they looked similar to the ones in my other unit which rusted. They assured me that the railings had been properly treated and would not rust. However, several months later they began to rust.

In the 2nd development they had downgraded the kitchen and wardrobe fittings (the first development had used Modernform, whereas in the 2nd they used Starmark). The entrance doors as well as the interior doors are not solid. Cost cutting measures I guess.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by mark5335