Photos And Copies At Bangkok Immigration?

I haven't been to the new immigration at Chaengwattana yet, but in two weeks I will go there to extend my visa for retirement. Is there someplace in (or very close to) that new building to have photos and copies made as used to be the case at Suan Plu? (The folks at those copy places also were very knowledgeable on how many copies of which things were needed for each extension type!)

Or is it better to get all of that done before going to Chaengwattana (and where is a good place to do that at = knowledgeable people)?

Thanks for some guidance on this.

Edited by mojaco

If the photo copy people across from Suan Plu are knowledgeable why not just go there the day before and get them to do all the copying u need. Good as way as any the way I see it. They should know what will be needed.

If the photo copy people across from Suan Plu are knowledgeable why not just go there the day before and get them to do all the copying u need. Good as way as any the way I see it. They should know what will be needed.

I wonder though if they now know what is *currently* required since retirement extensions aren't being done there (except perhaps for asians? - I seem to recall something like a few countries are still being done there?)

Anyway, if someone has specific knowledge of what is available or not at Chaengwattana please let me know. If there isn't anything, I guess I will give Suan Plu a try as you are suggesting. Thanks.

If you take the escalators down to the basement of the GIANT building out at Changwattana where the immigrations office is located there are copy shops, photo shops, and most every major bank has a branch there. There are also coffee shops, two thai food courts, an S&P, Chester’s Grill, and even a 7/11.

You can easily make the copies you need and get photos out there in just a few minutes.

From what I saw when I was out there last week with someone who neglected to make copies the people in the copy shops are pretty dialed into what copies you need.

If you take the escalators down to the basement of the GIANT building out at Changwattana where the immigrations office is located there are copy shops, photo shops, and most every major bank has a branch there. There are also coffee shops, two thai food courts, an S&P, Chester’s Grill, and even a 7/11.

You can easily make the copies you need and get photos out there in just a few minutes.

From what I saw when I was out there last week with someone who neglected to make copies the people in the copy shops are pretty dialed into what copies you need.

Thank You! That will save me some hassle.

Morris

As said the new location is outstanding for facilities. I have used three of the banks there several times and always more than willing to help and smile.

Retirement copy/photo I do with computer as you only need one of each in Bangkok and that is data page/visa page/extensions and departure card. That's it if using Embassy letter. If using bank book copies of each page of that. Sign all copies.

Immigration office is on Floor 1 (entry level) South-east corner (Soi 7 entry road runs North/South) - if using South Entry keep to right almost to open area and last door enter. If you have form filled out go through the metal detector and get queue number. Queue will be on left side of that counter with good number system and seating. Much faster service that Suan Plu.

When I went to the new facilities about two months ago, the copy shop I used didn't have a clue what needed to be copied for Immigration.

I had to tell them to copy necessary pages that they didn't copy. Definitely not the same level of knowledge as Suan Plu.

Take LopBuri's advice above and flag the pages to assure they don't miss any for copying.

As said the new location is outstanding for facilities. I have used three of the banks there several times and always more than willing to help and smile.

Retirement copy/photo I do with computer as you only need one of each in Bangkok and that is data page/visa page/extensions and departure card. That's it if using Embassy letter. If using bank book copies of each page of that. Sign all copies.

Immigration office is on Floor 1 (entry level) South-east corner (Soi 7 entry road runs North/South) - if using South Entry keep to right almost to open area and last door enter. If you have form filled out go through the metal detector and get queue number. Queue will be on left side of that counter with good number system and seating. Much faster service that Suan Plu.

Thanks for the detailed info, and also for the suggestion to do own photo. I had forgotten that I can do that myself (I have a very capable printer). I'm using the Embassy letter so I think I can just print up everything myself as you suggest and go. I have a list of what they wanted last year which will help also.

I think you and others have said there is no need anymore for a medical certificate, so I will stop doing that also. If they want something more, I will just go back the next day or so.

Thanks Lop! I have piggy-backed on your advice to others for many years now, and never had a chance to let you know how helpful you have been.

When I went to the new facilities about two months ago, the copy shop I used didn't have a clue what needed to be copied for Immigration.

I had to tell them to copy necessary pages that they didn't copy. Definitely not the same level of knowledge as Suan Plu.

Take LopBuri's advice above and flag the pages to assure they don't miss any for copying.

Thanks Farangene (cute nickname!) for letting me know to not rely on the copy folks at CW to know what pages to copy. I will just take Lop's advice and make my own copies. :)