Abhisit Looked Rather Stupid In The Bbc Today

FarangCravings

When asked how can you have a reconciliation plan when you have all the red leaders locked up in jail, it looks one sided. and the fact that you have shut down all the oppositions media outlets such as radio and tv stations

In reality its exactly right how can you lock up all the oppositions leadership close down all the oppositions avenues of voice and then say you are working on reconciliation

Its a big joke and again was shown just how ridiculous he is to think anyone outside of Thailand would fall for the BS he is spouting

Edited by FarangCravings

When asked how can you have a reconciliation plan when you have all the red leaders locked up in jail, it looks one sided. and the fact that you have shut down all the oppositions media outlets such as radio and tv stations

In reality its exactly right how can you lock up all the oppositions leadership close down all the oppositions avenues of voice and then say you are working on reconciliation

Its a big joke and again was shown just how ridiculous he is to think anyone outside of Thailand would fall for the BS he is spouting

Red shirt people are locked up for inciting riots and whatever against it's own countimen. Sorry if they cannot join the political scene but they committed crimes, which believe it or not caused a lot of loss of life instead of going down the normal route of waiting for elections which were on offer for November but no the red party preferred to use aggression and loose people. How the red party can now have any credible following is beyond me. Take on police, army, sorry, brain dead comes to mind. And these people want to run a country.

For people not involved in living in Thailand and not knowledgable on the ins and outs its very clear that something is not right when they hear the current opposition is all locked up they also want to lock up the previous legitimate primeminister that was ousted in a military coup

Come on don't sound too good does it

Red shirt people are locked up for inciting riots and whatever against it's own countimen. Sorry if they cannot join the political scene but they committed crimes, which believe it or not caused a lot of loss of life instead of going down the normal route of waiting for elections which were on offer for November but no the red party preferred to use aggression and loose people. How the red party can now have any credible following is beyond me. Take on police, army, sorry, brain dead comes to mind. And these people want to run a country.

For people not involved in living in Thailand and not knowledgable on the ins and outs its very clear that something is not right when they hear the current opposition is all locked up they also want to lock up the previous legitimate primeminister that was ousted in a military coup

Umm the current opposition is the Pui Thai party NOT the red shirts and they are doing ...... not a lot. And they (the Thai courts)want to lock up the previous, previous, previous primeminister Thaksin for Fraud etc. also he was not ousted as he had dissolved parliament before the coup. so strictly speaking he was stand in prime minister until the elections.

• Like 1

Umm the current opposition is the Pui Thai party NOT the red shirts and they are doing ...... not a lot. And they (the Thai courts)want to lock up the previous, previous, previous primeminister Thaksin for Fraud etc. also he was not ousted as he had dissolved parliament before the coup. so strictly speaking he was stand in prime minister until the elections.

Excuses Excuses Excuses

So why did they have a coup then if not to get rid of Thaksin

One of the first signs of an 'up & coming dictator' is the absolute control of the media, which Mr T attemted.

I wish Abhisit 'all the best', since he has people like you with whom to contend.

Let him make mistakes...as long as they are honest mistakes.

One of the first signs of an 'up & coming dictator' is the absolute control of the media, which Mr T attemted.

The only one that has control of the media now is the current government who does not deny shutting down the oppositions radio and tv stations so since they have succeeded where Mr T failed then your comment above should apply to Abhisit since he has been succesful in this matter.

He even implied on the interview he would like the media to comply with his one sided viewpoint in helping him with the reconciliation.

The International press is too smart for that when its clearly he admitted he has all the red shirt leaders locked up with 400 other political prisoners and what the funniest thing he said was, the law has to be the same for everyone, which makes him look even more stupid when the yellow shirts from the past still are not in Jail 2 years after they commited crimes. But in contrast the red shirts are all in jail in rapid time, done and dusted.

You get NO CREDABILITY when its clear there is one rule for one and another rule for the other and your spouting the law applies to everyone the same when it clearly does not.

This is the problem with the rift and nothing has changed all that has happened now is the protesters have been crushed and pushed underground where they will continue to fester until they act again.

Edited by FarangCravings

You get NO CREDABILITY when its clear there is one rule for one and another rule for the other and your spouting the law applies to everyone the same when it clearly does not.

This is the problem with the rift and nothing has changed all that has happened now is the protesters have been crushed and pushed underground where they will continue to fester until they act again.

I would venture to suggest that Khun Abhisit looked a lot less stupid than you are now being.

I would venture to suggest that Khun Abhisit looked a lot less stupid than you are now being.

Well thats my opinion, and most of TV members refuse to see whats under there noses and you can bash me all you like in one other instance I was bashed also however proven RIGHT yet again with regard to Interpol arresting Mr T on Terrorism charges, I said would never happen as they were trumped up political charges and Interpol wont touch it with a barge pole. I got bashed for that comment good and proper

I was told oh they have not filed yet as soon as they do he will be arrested immediately and sent back to Thailand well it has not happened has it because the REAL WORLD sees how it really is.

How can you talk about reconciliation until those openly advocating the violent overthow of the government are in custody? The UDD leaders have unequivocally stated, again and again, that they are not interested in reconciliation. Abhisit's bid goes out to the majority of Reds who actually want to see democratic and economic progress rather than destabilisation and demogoguery. In any civil, democratic society these men would be under arrest.

Well thats my opinion, and most of TV members refuse to see whats under there noses and you can bash me all you like in one other instance I was bashed also however proven RIGHT yet again with regard to Interpol arresting Mr T on Terrorism charges, I said would never happen as they were trumped up political charges and Interpol wont touch it with a barge pole. I got bashed for that comment good and proper

I was told oh they have not filed yet as soon as they do he will be arrested immediately and sent back to Thailand well it has not happened has it because the REAL WORLD sees how it really is.

With such a consistent talent for being right, I am surprised that you have not already entered politics.

As for those stupid TV posters who can't see what's under their noses, pah! - I would just ban them.

The PM locked up the opposition because they ruined much of the economy and burned down a good number of buildings. He is totally justified to protect the country from criminals. :rolleyes:

Agree entirely with the above, but just for clarification; the judges locked up leaders of the red shirt protest for criminal/treasonable activities, the 'oppostion' remain free to oppose.

My goodness, the Thai system even allowed one of the most vile, and obnoxious, of the protagonists to take part in the censure debate

Edited by cardholder

The PM locked up the opposition because they ruined much of the economy and burned down a good number of buildings. He is totally justified to protect the country from criminals. :rolleyes:

Well thankfully those outside of Thailand that actually see the things I see, cant be brain washed and blinded like most of you guys, and the BBC and CNN reported what they saw only (which I happened to see also) only to be told they were not reporting fairly on what they saw ,but it was clear to any lay person that innocents were being shot on both sides and neither side were free from Atrocities.

The truth is the protests were crushed by the military with large loss of life nothing has changed in the minds of those that were protesting except the fact that they have been surpressed into submission and now there is a farce that there is a so called reconciliation plan but with all the opposition sitting in Jail and not one of the innocent unarmed protesters that were killed nobody has been bought to justice for there killing.

how soon you forget.

Its a joke

Edited by FarangCravings

Reconciliation brings back the nonviolent red-shirts into the political process. To me, the instigators and participants of the burning of Bangkok and elsewhere and the killings and wounding of many can rot in jail forever or better yet... get the death penalty. The only thing that is stupid is your title for this thread and I think you or the mods should amend it to eliminate your distortion of the facts.

The truth is the protests were crushed by the military with large loss of life nothing has changed in the minds of those that were protesting except the fact that they have been surpressed into submission and now there is a farce that there is a so called reconciliation plan but with all the opposition sitting in Jail and not one of the innocent unarmed protesters that were killed nobody has been bought to justice for there killing.

It's just not sinking in, is it.

The opposition are not in jail..

The convicted thugs are in jail, the opposition are sitting in parliament.

Reconciliation brings back the nonviolent red-shirts into the political process. To me, the instigators and participants of the burning of Bangkok and elsewhere and the killings and wounding of many can rot in jail forever or better yet... get the death penalty. The only thing that is stupid is your title for this thread and I think you or the mods should amend it to eliminate your distortion of the facts.

Did you watch the interview ?/ if not you cant comment the title is true in my opinion of which I have a right too no matter if I am in a minority on here