Tot Internet Connection

mhunt

I'm staying in a condo in Bangkok, and using TOT internet, but I lose the connection every few minutes. It's never been particularly reliable, and used to cut off a couple of times each day, but now it's getting ridiculous. Yesterday, every time I tried to upload an email attachment, the internet connection dropped!

Does anyone know what the problem is, or is anyone else having the same problems?

Would I get a more reliable connection with another ISP?

Thanks in advance,

Mat.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know how to open up your modem's menu (i.e., where you entered your ISPs issued User ID and Password). If so, go into that menu and look for a tab/menu that gives you information on the modem/device status/etc., and see what the download/upload Signal to Noise (SNR) and Attenuation values are. Then take a look in ADSL Help topic on ThaiVisa to see what your values translate into regarding a good or bad "physical phone/DSL line." Here's the link to one of the posts in the ADSL Help topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/375614-adsl-help/

If you have funky values, then the probable problem is your line, within or outside the building. TOT will help with the "outside the building part" but may not for the "inside building part."