Safe For My New Home.

Wanphen

HI,

I'm in Pattaya and want to pick up a Safe to have at home to lock things in.

Would Appreciate if anyone knows where, how much or thoughts about a safe at home.

Thank you in Advance for your kind replies.

Wanphen :o

cheap ones in Naklua,near the market (3 shops).Price 2000,2500 depending size;with code and key if lost code.Cheapest place to buy around town

Ouuuups,sorry,I thougt I was in Pattaya forum :o

But this give you an idea of the prices.

Edited by djinn

Maybe a floor safe is an idea, stick some furniture over it, whatever you do , keep it hidden as much as you possibly can

A couple of speculative thieves may be in your house to nick the TV and leave quick, if they see a Safe they may wait for you to come home, or come back when you are there and force you to open it!

Either scenario could be life threatening.

That is why Big safes in houses are not such a good idea.

Just an opinion.

Edited by Bilko

I agree with the above post, this is Thailand, if you are discovered with a safe in your house or apartment, thwarted burglars will return and make you open the safe someday and might kill you. If you have a Thai wife or partner, then he/she would be in danger, from torture or violence.

Valuables, IMHO should be either at proper safety deposit boxes in Bangkok or else title deeds at the local bank for safe keeping. (There is an annual fee for this).

Whatever your choice in safes installed or free standing, come to Bangkok to buy it and give them a bogey address and take it back to Pattaya and do any installation yourself.

Dont advertise that you have goods of value that need to be stored in a safe or even that you have one to any outside party. Too much temptation particularly with this idea that farangs have millions of baht in their pockets.

A scam of this nature was revealed a few months ago in the newspapers whereupon the actual shop owners were passing on the information to theives who knew the safe codes and the location of the safe through the delivery invoice.

such an installation needs to be kept hushhush otherwise chinese whispers will start around the neighbourhood , and you will be branded very wealthy with mega ammounts of valuables on the premises. then the thugs will arive with heavy artillery !