Kawasaki Mini Gp Races At Brc On Saturday July 10Th

The next Kawasaki Mini GP Races are going to take place this Saturday, July 10th at the Bangkok Racing Circuit (BRC).

009.jpg

BRC is the little track behind the Seacon Square Mall on Srinakarin Road in Bangkok.

004.jpg

The usual classes will race- KSR 110, 125 D-Tracker, 250 D-Tracker and Ninja 250R. For each class there will be a stock race and an open race. There be relay races too.

016.jpg

JUST ANNOUNCED- 650cc Kawasaki One Make Race had just been added for ER6n and Ninja 650R! :partytime2:

033.jpg

See you there!

010.jpg

Too bad I haven't received my 2009 ER6n yet- with some sticky tires that would be the cats meow on this track. Wonder if the Bridgestone Battleax BT021's on my Ninja 650R are up for this... :ph34r: Wish me luck! :lol:

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

0419BRCMe.jpg

I'm going to swing by and tried finding more info but no luck.

So what time does this all begin and end?

How much is the day of racing?

Registration, tech inspection, etc.

Does one need to tape off the lights?

I assume they don't care if you haven't safety wired your bolts.

I have a D-Tracker 250 that's stock except for a muffler.

I have stock tires and I need to dial in my suspension.

Actually I don't even have frame and axle sliders so I'll probably hold off from the racing.

I still want to swing by to see what people are running and learn more about the track and open practice days they have.

Look for a lost Japanese looking guy with a black 2009 DTX.

Edited by ttakata

I'm going to swing by and tried finding more info but no luck.

So what time does this all begin and end?

How much is the day of racing?

Registration, tech inspection, etc.

Does one need to tape off the lights?

I assume they don't care if you haven't safety wired your bolts.

I have a D-Tracker 250 that's stock except for a muffler.

I have stock tires and I need to dial in my suspension.

Actually I don't even have frame and axle sliders so I'll probably hold off from the racing.

I still want to swing by to see what people are running and learn more about the track and open practice days they have.

Look for a lost Japanese looking guy with a black 2009 DTX.

Konnbanwa Takata-san,

Shame you didn't ask earlier- I could have pointed you towards more info. Can you read Thai? (I can't but you can still get a good feel for the schedule from the information below)-

ขอเชิญเข้าชมการแข่งขัน Kawasaki MiniGP สนามที่ 3 วันเสาร์ที่ 10 กรกฎาคม 2553

Kawasaki MiniGP สนามที่ 3 วันเสาร์ที่ 10 กรกฎาคม 2553 ณ สนาม BRC หลังซีคอนครับ

สวัสดีครับ ก็มาอีกแล้วนะครับสำหรับการแข่งขันมันส์ๆ Kawasaki MiniGP สนามที่ 3 ของปี 2010

รับประกันความมันส์เหมือนเดิมครับ ก็สำหรับเพื่อนๆชาว Kawasaki ที่ต้องการร่วมเข้าชมเข้าเชียร์การแข่งขันในครั้งนี้

ก็สามารถ เข้าชมได้ ฟรี เหมือนเดิมนะครับ แถม มีอาหาร คาว หวาน น้ำอัดลม ไอสครีม บริการฟรีเหมือนเดิมนะครับผม

ไปถึงก็ ลงชื่อหน้างานเหมือนเดิมครับ รับคูปอง อาหาร แค่นั้นเองครับ อยากเห็น ksr สวยๆ แถม แรงจี๊ดๆ ไปดูกันได้ในงานนี้ครับ

ไม่ใช่แค่ ksr ที่แข่งขันกันนะครับ ไม่ว่าจะเป็น Ninja 250 หรือ dtracker 125 250 ก็มีให้ดูกันหลากหลายรุ่นเลยนะครับ รับรองมันส์แน่นอน

สวัสดีครับ ชาว Ninja250Thailand.com

สวัสดี คร้าบบ ร้อนตับแตกจริงๆเลยย อิอิ ก็ผ่านพ้นกันไปแล้วนะครับสำหรับ Kawasaki MiniGP สนามที่สองของปี

สนุกสนานกันเหมือนเคยนะครับ ก็ขอแสดงความยินดีกับนักแข่งที่ประสพความสำเร็จด้วยนะครับผม

สำหรับนัก แข่งที่ยังไม่ได้ดั่งใจหวัง ก็มาแก้ตัวกันใหม่ ในสนามหน้านะครับ ขอให้โชคดีกันทุกๆคนเลยครับผม

ต้องขอขอบคุณ kawasaki thailand มากๆเลยครับ ที่จัดกิจกรรมดีดี แบบนี้ให้พวกเราได้ร่วมสนุกกัน

โอ๊ะ แม่จ้าวว ...ทันใจวัยรุ่นกันจริงๆเลยย

มากันอีกแล้วครับ กับ

Kawasaki MiniGP สนามที่ 2

ก็ เหมือนเดิมเลยนะครับ สำหรับเพื่อนๆ ที่ต้องการไปชมไปเชียร์การแข่งขันของ Kawasaki MiniGP สนามที่ 2

ก็สามารถ เข้าไปลงทะเบียนกันที่หน้างานได้เลยนะครับ อาหาร น้ำดื่ม ไอติมฟรีเหมือนเดิมทุกอย่างครับ ..

ไปชมไปเชียร์กันได้เลยนะครับ มันส์หยดติ๋งๆ เหมือนเดิมคร้าบบบ

จะแข่งขันวันที่ 8 พฤษภาคม 2553 ที่สนาม BRC ซีคอนสแควร์

กำหนดการแข่งขัน

08.30 น. ลงทะเบียนนักแข่ง

- จับสลากเลือกเบอร์รถแข่ง

- นำรถที่เข้าแข่งขันตรวจสภาพ

10.00 น. ประชุมนักแข่ง

- ประชุม / กติกาการแข่งขัน

- แนะนำสนาม / เส้นทางการขับขี่

- ฝึกซ้อม

12.00 น. รับประทานอาหารกลางวัน

12.50 น. ถ่ายรูปร่วมกันก่อนการแข่งขัน

13.00 น. เริ่มการแข่งขัน Kawasaki MiniGP

- Relay Pro - Stock ( D-Tracker125 )

- MiniGP - Stock ( KSR )

- MiniGP – Modify (B) ( KSR )

- Relay Novice – Stock ( D-Tracker125 )

- MiniGP - Modify (A) ( KSR )

- Ninja250R - Modify ( Ninja250R )

- Ninja250R - Stock ( Ninja250R )

- D-Tracker - Modify ( D-Tracker250 )

16.30 น. มอบรางวัลการแข่งขันแต่ละประเภท

--- จบงาน---

There are pro stock and pro modify races, amateur stock races and relay races. A FULL day for sure, plus they've added a 650cc race as well! Generally they're pretty darn relaxed about the tech inspection as far as I can tell, but then I've never actually raced on one of these events. I believe you can still register the morning of the event (tomorrow).

See you there- I'm the Gaijin on the Green Ninja 650R :D

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :jap:

Tony

Woohoo! Good fun at the Kawasaki MiniGP! icon_mrgreen.gif

071010ER6sSSR.jpg

Beautiful day for a race!

071010Ninja650RCamPicSSR.jpg

Some nice ER6n's and Ninja 650Rs-

071010ER6nRedSSR.jpg

I really like this ER6n- nicely done! icon_thumbup.gif

071010ER6nWhtSSR.jpg

Another look-

071010ER6nWhtBkSSR.jpg

The first 650cc race in Thailand? Hopefully one of many more to come!

071010ER6RaceWarmUp2SSR.jpg

I like to go fast motorcycle2_smilie.gif

071010TonyNinja650RRaceSSR.jpg

Just remember...

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

071010Ninja650RPrflSSR.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Sorry I missed you Tony, there were so many people and I don't know what you look like.

I showed up at 1pm and hung out by the D-Trackers all day.

I'll compete the next time this event happens since the track is so big, even less competitive people can ride out there with the racers.

A pretty great day to watch racing, free food, nice bikes, and even some pretty girls.

I almost want to get a KSR too, it seems the perfect size for this track.

Picture001.jpgPicture007.jpgPicture034.jpgPicture028.jpgPicture023.jpgPicture017.jpgPicture012.jpgPicture008.jpg

Sorry I missed you Tony, there were so many people and I don't know what you look like.

I showed up at 1pm and hung out by the D-Trackers all day.

I'll compete the next time this event happens since the track is so big, even less competitive people can ride out there with the racers.

A pretty great day to watch racing, free food, nice bikes, and even some pretty girls.

I almost want to get a KSR too, it seems the perfect size for this track.

Cheers! Yeah- nice turnout, perfect day, no rain and a nice breeze to keep things cool. Agree with you that the BRC is definitely better suited to smaller lighter bikes. Getting the 650R through the tight twisty sections was WORK! :D

A few more pics-

071010Ninja650RamSSR.jpg

Arrived nice and early to grab a good spot. Having the SSR van courtesy of Banana Boy was a GREAT help! (I have a topper on the back of my Vigo which makes it useless for hauling bikes in the back... Have to decide if I want to ditch the topper or buy a trailer... Or sell the Vigo and buy a HiAce... Hmmm... Still haven't received a clear answer on whether trailers are allowed on the motorway...) Anyway I digress ;)

Lotsa nicely set up Ninja 250Rs-

IMG_1379SSR.jpg

IMG_1380SSR.jpg

IMG_1381SSR.jpg

Some beautifully tricked out D-tracker 250s too but I didn't have my camera with me when I wandered down to the D-Tracker section. (Man was the whiskey flowing over there or what?!) :burp:

Future racers?

IMG_1384SSR.jpg

I didn't even know that Khun Pui's lovely gf knows how to ride- Here she is with another podium finisher from the Ladies race-

071010MiniGPLadiesSSR.jpg

FYI- she is the Wheel Stripe Queen! Seen a few guys asking about wheel tape on this forum- she's got every color and can stripe your wheels quick and cheap. Easy on the eyes too :wub:

Some nice crashes including one KSR rider who ended up in the drink and taken out by ambulance... It didn't look like a very hard crash but apparently he was riding injured and the crash exacerbated an existing injury.

One spectacular Ninja 250R high side resulted in this-

071010Ninja250Highside.JPG

Fortunately the rider was able to walk (limp) away... By the end of the day he could barely walk though and I'm sure he's in a world of pain today!

I've got some good onboard vids from the 650cc race but YouTube is being difficult and the uploads keep failing... :bah: Will keep trying!

Ride On!

Tony

071010ER6RaceWarmUpZmSSR.jpg

why the hel_l are you riding on that broken ass ghetto track!

I was thinking the same thing. I've been riding on better roads here in Thailand, not many but a few..

LOL- it could be dirt and I'd still ride it :lol: A crappy day on a bike is still better than a good day at work! B)

That said it's true that the BRC is a disgrace and in terrible repair. Quite dangerous really. Great place to practice ones skills though- if you've never drifted a bike through a dirty corner or don't know what your limits are that little BRC track is the perfect place to practice and learn. At least if/when you come off you're not going to get run over by a truck or hit an obstacle. Worst case scenario is a high side and that can happen on any track.

And with the terrible drainage at BRC you're almost guaranteed a wet muddy landing! :lol:

IMG_1263.jpg

But despite all of that I had a great time with a really friendly and fun group of bikers- awesome attitudes all around.

IMG_1392SSR.jpg

Oh- did I mention that the 650cc race was FREE as was food and drinks? The other races cost only 500 Baht/race. No track fees, member fees, nothing. That's crazy cheap, even on a crappy little track like the BRC.

Bravo Kawasaki for putting together a very fun event on the only track in Bangkok.

Hopefully the next one will be at BIRA or Nakhon Chaisiri or Kaeng Krachan, but if it's at the BRC again I'll still attend with a smile on my face.

Happy Trails!

Tony

IMG_97.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

As you can probably see in the pics and vids the BRC is a gnarly little track in serious need of repair and is more suited to go-carts and motards than 650cc sport bikes bikes IMO. biggrin.gif

IMG_91SSR.jpg

FWIW the stock Bridgestone Battlax BT021 tires on my Ninja 650R performed quite well. They are sport-touring tires; not as sticky as my preferred fast road/track tire, the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro, but for a sport-touring tire the BT021's have decent grip, excellent feedback and aren't bad for gentle track use. cool.gif

2010Ninja650R7.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

071010Ninja650RBkSSR.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some more pics from the last MiniGP are now up on the KawasakiBigBike.com site-

24.jpg

28.jpg

Need to confirm with Kwackerazaki but I believe the next MiniGP will take place on September 4th at BRC.

29.jpg

Hopefully my ER6n "RR" will be ready to race before then! :lol:

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

awesome tony, hope the " rr " goes well! i might be down in bangkok that weekend so will come and cheer on the leading SSR hooligan!! p.s do you reckon they'll let me enter a drz400?

Cheers Mate! Look forward to seeing you there! While there's no 400cc race and it's a Kawasaki event I think you can probably get out first thing in the morning on your Suzie and enjoy some laps. Seems things don't really get underway until after 9am or so. Hoping for a dry day! B) See ya! T