How To Fix Thai In Anki

kaphi

A lot of people use(d) Anki to learn Thai. One problem in a recent version is that it does not show tonal markers, etc. properly.

The "Anki Thai fix" - which I haven't seen anywhere else posted so far - is to set font size (Settings>Fonts and Colors) to something really big (100 does the job). At that font size they show correctly.

I hope the post title will help the 'Googlers' find this solution.

• 3 months later...

I just started making ANKI cads recently and had a problem with certain characters at the end not appearing

when I played the cards, such as the junk letter silent symbol อ์ and the candy cane part of อำ .

To fix it, what I found was when making the cards, when I finish pasting a line or phrase, and make sure it

it's entered correctly with out missing anything, I then hit the space bar after the word or phrase and hit

return, everything will show correctly when I play the cards.

My theory is that the information to print some Thai characters is stored in 2 keystrokes, so when you

enter a space at the end, it actually contains the info for example to print the อ์ over the previous letter.

Also when copy and pasting something from the middle of a phrase, I occasionally pick up something

I don't want from a preceding letter, which shows up at the beginning of the word or phrase pasted.

That can be fixed by editing.

Thanks klons, I remember figuring out the same thing a long time ago, but had forgotten that little trick.

If anyone else has other tips/tricks/workaround regarding Anki I'd love to hear from you. I'm writing a user manual and help guide for my MA (which I intend to post on the forum when it's done) and would like to gather as much user feedback as possible about the programme (likes and gripes, tweeks, tips, cheats etc).

Cheers

SW

:)

Edited by SoftWater