Settlement Visa Uk - Understanding The Conditions

Hi one and all, first time poster here.

Could any of you guys please give me some information on my visa that i recieved for my Fiance.

I applied for a settlement visa using the VAF 4 form.

We recieved the passport back with the following wording

UK ENTRY CLEARANCE

MULTIPLE ENTRY

TYPE - VISA MARRIAGE/CP ( then my name plus date of birth)

Valid for 6 months, no work or recourse to public funds.

Now from my understanding is that they give us 6 months to get married, when after we are married or have registered a civil partnership, we can apply to the UK Border Agency for a two-year extension to her visa from the UK ( form FLR ), then after the 2 years have been completed we apply for ILR.

Now is the wording on her visa correct? i paid a fee of $1050 USD and got a TB cert also.

At least it does not say VISIT marriage.... then i know she will have to leave and re enter.

Have the embassy issued us with the correct visa? Have any of you guys had this visa wording ?

Thanks in advance

Nongbkk

Yes, the wording is fine.

You have 6 months in which to get married, but you need to apply for FLR before the Fiance visa expires. I would take a look at the forms now so you know the requirements. If you want to apply for FLR in person you need to book the appointment well in advance, they are very busy.

Your Fiance will need to show her TB certificate on arrival.

Also make sure you apply to the register office for permission to marry in plenty of time. As I recall you need to give 3 weeks notice.

Good luck!

Just looked in to read this, because I am going to Thailand soon. I'm 60 and plan to marry. Hoping to get a visa for 60 or 90 days (UK passport) Will eventually return for regular stays of few months at a time.

What is a "FLR" ? Hope you see this soon. Thanks

Ok (was tired, just got off the bicycle after a long ride) ... your question is about your Thai wife entering the UK. Seems that is less problematic than applying for the same from Norway. However, I want to be living in Thailand at least 50%. I'm going soon and need to stay until September on this first trip.

Thanks for all your replys guys, i also contacted my local registar in the UK, sent them a copy of my fiance visa, and its all OK, i was concerned about the wording on the visa, but all is good, off to the UK we go rolleyes.gif

Cheers

It looks fine to me.

Once you're married, your wife can then immediately make an application for leave to remain as your spouse. She doesn't need to wait until the fiancé(e) visa is due to expire.

Scouse.

I am just about to purchase our airline tickets, can i purchase a single ticket only or do i need to buy a return ticket for my fiance / wife ?

Thanks in advance

It looks fine to me.

Once you're married, your wife can then immediately make an application for leave to remain as your spouse. She doesn't need to wait until the fiancé(e) visa is due to expire.

Scouse.

I am just about to purchase our airline tickets, can i purchase a single ticket only or do i need to buy a return ticket for my fiance / wife ?

Thanks in advance

Single I'm guessing but don't quote me on that! ;-)

Incidentally, how long did it take for you to get your visa from the time you submitted it?

It looks fine to me.

Scouse.

Thanks in advance

Single I'm guessing but don't quote me on that! ;-)

Incidentally, how long did it take for you to get your visa from the time you submitted it?

I applyed on the 11th may, received visa 2nd july( take into account the embassy was closed during the trouble in BKK ) visa was dated 28th june, so about 6 weeks in all ..

cheers