Not As Funny As Arse Shaving!

dam_n! I'm still laughing about that thread on arse shaving, wot a scream. Anyway good people, I'm all squared away with picking up my new Honda Click PGM-Fi next week, bought a nice new 2010 model with the Black Gold Supreme colour scheme, thing is nobody anywhere on the web has any thing to say about this bike, I wanna know tons of stuff but cannot find anything. Anybody got a recentish or a brand new model they would be kind enough to share some info on with me? I wanna know these things:

1. What fuel does it run best on? it can handle quite a few fuels but i want what makes it go the best, dont care about economy.

2. I am not a big guy weigh 78k's wifey 46k's but still want to fit an aftermarket resevoir style shock on it anyway because it is only single shock, suggestions please for best brand and model to go for, budget around 1500 - 2000 baht

3. How much HP does this little motor turn out at the rear wheel, not a superbike I know but would be interested in those figures anyway just out of curiosity

4. What tyre pressures Front & Rear do you recommend for daily Bangkok riding

5. Oil & filter change.....how often? and what oil works best for this motor in this climate

6. I suppose the bike comes with a Thai only manual, is that right?

7. Do you get any tool kit with the bike? dont remember seeing one at the shop

8. How quick are they away from the lights and top end, not gonna ride like a demented Thai taxi rider, I just wanna know what they are capable of.

9. Any other useful info you can give me about this bike.

I am not a know it all, but please no advice about how to ride bikes, been doing that for a very long time. Wouldn't mind a few really useful tips on riding scoots in BKK but keep them specific, done lots of car driving here so very familiar with traffic and driving styles.

Still smiling about arse shaving:D

dude just drive the frikkin thing man bring it in for service every xxx amount of km's (ask the dealer) and what else do you want man ?

jesus christ

the best tire pressure for driving in bkk ?? roflol

honestly im laughing much more than the arse shaving

1. What fuel does it run best on? it can handle quite a few fuels but i want what makes it go the best, dont care about economy. 91

2. I am not a big guy weigh 78k's wifey 46k's but still want to fit an aftermarket resevoir style shock on it anyway because it is only single shock, suggestions please for best brand and model to go for, budget around 1500 - 2000 baht. Go to any shop and buy shocks for 2000 baht-will be already better, if you want really good then i think the brands are Gazzi and WS

3. How much HP does this little motor turn out at the rear wheel, not a superbike I know but would be interested in those figures anyway just out of curiosity. Should be in the manual

4. What tyre pressures Front & Rear do you recommend for daily Bangkok riding. Good luck trying to find that out. Asked dealer, asked repair shops and no one seem to have any idea at all

5. Oil & filter change.....how often? and what oil works best for this motor in this climate. Honda Oil, see manual for frequency. for best performance every 1000 km is best

6. I suppose the bike comes with a Thai only manual, is that right?yes thats right, because it is made for Thailand only

7. Do you get any tool kit with the bike? dont remember seeing one at the shop. Small tiny little thing with may be 1-2 things in it, you will find it under the seat(just screw driver and thats about all)

8. How quick are they away from the lights and top end, not gonna ride like a demented Thai taxi rider, I just wanna know what they are capable of.Just try it and time it

9. Any other useful info you can give me about this bike.Its not even a $2000 bike, how much more can it have or be?

dude just drive the frikkin thing man bring it in for service every xxx amount of km's (ask the dealer) and what else do you want man ?

jesus christ

the best tire pressure for driving in bkk ?? roflol

honestly im laughing much more than the arse shaving

Hey c'mon I'm a detail guy, be nice. Glad I made you laugh anyway you <deleted>!

1. What fuel does it run best on? it can handle quite a few fuels but i want what makes it go the best, dont care about economy. 91

2. I am not a big guy weigh 78k's wifey 46k's but still want to fit an aftermarket resevoir style shock on it anyway because it is only single shock, suggestions please for best brand and model to go for, budget around 1500 - 2000 baht. Go to any shop and buy shocks for 2000 baht-will be already better, if you want really good then i think the brands are Gazzi and WS

3. How much HP does this little motor turn out at the rear wheel, not a superbike I know but would be interested in those figures anyway just out of curiosity. Should be in the manual

4. What tyre pressures Front & Rear do you recommend for daily Bangkok riding. Good luck trying to find that out. Asked dealer, asked repair shops and no one seem to have any idea at all

5. Oil & filter change.....how often? and what oil works best for this motor in this climate. Honda Oil, see manual for frequency. for best performance every 1000 km is best

6. I suppose the bike comes with a Thai only manual, is that right?yes thats right, because it is made for Thailand only

7. Do you get any tool kit with the bike? dont remember seeing one at the shop. Small tiny little thing with may be 1-2 things in it, you will find it under the seat(just screw driver and thats about all)

8. How quick are they away from the lights and top end, not gonna ride like a demented Thai taxi rider, I just wanna know what they are capable of.Just try it and time it

9. Any other useful info you can give me about this bike.Its not even a $2000 bike, how much more can it have or be?

Yeh thanks for that. nice of you to take the time to reply but seems you just saw it as an opportunity to try and be witty! dont really know why you bothered, just came across as being a bit silly really. Not sure what kind of income you have here but gotta be honest and say 50,000 baht is not a fortune to me but it's not peanuts either.

Yeh thanks for that. nice of you to take the time to reply but seems you just saw it as an opportunity to try and be witty! dont really know why you bothered, just came across as being a bit silly really. Not sure what kind of income you have here but gotta be honest and say 50,000 baht is not a fortune to me but it's not peanuts either.

I think kuffki's answer's are quite good.

Why wasting money changing the rear shock absorber, why not try the original one first, you are not that heavy. I run the original absorber on my wife's Fino and I am 95 kg and I don't see/fell any problems and often going full throttle for short periods (app. 100 km/h).

I am sure the Honda will be fine, so just run it and enjoy it and as kuffki say, better change oil sooner than later, espesially when you drive in BKK where your engine gets really hot. I only change every 4000 km's on the Fino but we live in Pattaya.

Good luck with the bike.

:jap:

I think kuffki's answer's are quite good.

Why wasting money changing the rear shock absorber, why not try the original one first, you are not that heavy. I run the original absorber on my wife's Fino and I am 95 kg and I don't see/fell any problems and often going full throttle for short periods (app. 100 km/h).

I am sure the Honda will be fine, so just run it and enjoy it and as kuffki say, better change oil sooner than later, espesially when you drive in BKK where your engine gets really hot. I only change every 4000 km's on the Fino but we live in Pattaya.

Good luck with the bike.

Sir,

I have the new style click and now clocked over 3,000 km on it.

I am 90 kg and the GF is 40 kg - We have gone on 150 km round trips from Pattaya to Satahip and had no problems with suspension.

it runs on 91 gas. But I did have a problem once when I bought gas out of a 100 Pipers bottle at the road side. It struggled to start.

I like the electric fuel injection start as well - just push the button - no twisting or kicking to get going.

I do think the oil change interval from honda is too long...and Thais just pump tyres up until they are rock hard....worrying ?

My top speed is 80 km but that was just to see what it could do - it is very comfortable at 50 and a lot safer....!! cos in Thailand its not what you are doing its what some other dick on the road is doing that will get you in trouble...!

Being a step through - you can put shopping bags between your legs and not have to hang them off the handle bars. I would suggest a rear box for more storage. My GF wont have that as she does not want to hoist her leg up to step over to get on in a mini skirt.....sheeesh

I paid 45,000 for my one and think this is about right for a new bike in the LOS.

Hope this helps..

:jap:

very sorry if my answer is not to your satisfaction. if 50 000 is big money for you, it may be time to pack up and go back home.

Even 7/11 boys and girls have a bike and they do not prense around it asking ridiculous questions.

very sorry if my answer is not to your satisfaction. if 50 000 is big money for you, it may be time to pack up and go back home.

Even 7/11 boys and girls have a bike and they do not prense around it asking ridiculous questions.

They (7/11 boys and girls parents) buy these bikes on the "never never" or "tic" ....and the only stupid or ridiculous question is the one you never ask.......and everyone has their own budget - no one needs to make derisory comments on web sites about that.....

I hope the OP gets the bike he wants and enjoys safe and happy motoring.

They (7/11 boys and girls parents) buy these bikes on the "never never" or "tic" ....and the only stupid or ridiculous question is the one you never ask.......and everyone has their own budget - no one needs to make derisory comments on web sites about that.....

I hope the OP gets the bike he wants and enjoys safe and happy motoring.

Really? parents buy? got any link to back it up? or you just blowing smoke in the air?

Wow, another great example of people wasting their time and that of everyone else on this forum...do you really think stupid and silly answers are entertaining us?

they aren't funny at all.

can't you find another way to amuse yourselves?

I guess the answer is no.

It's a bike forum not a comedy forum, we're not seeking stupid and silly.

At what age do people stop making fun of others (that they don't even know personally) asking for help on a forum? Never I guess.

Grow up. Grow a pair. Get a life! Contribute useful info or don't reply.

And answer the specific OP questions without guesswork or keep it zipped.

A useful forum is a possibility. . . but I've yet to see it.

Anyone asking questions here winds up defending their decision to do so, and is hammered with personal attacks and guesswork rather than useful answers.

This forum contains proof the world is full of childish idiots and people that don't know what they're talking about.

Or at least, a lot of these people have moved to Thailand.

I've determined that about 5% of replies are useful, so too bad this is the 'best' place to ask a valid question.

To the OP, good luck (as you can see, you'll need it) and check out individual websites for stuff you want and find a honda dealer that can answer your questions.

To the moderator, can you create a bike subforum where only 'qualified' members with a desire to help can reply to posts?

Wow, another great example of people wasting their time and that of everyone else on this forum...do you really think stupid and silly answers are entertaining us?

At what age do people stop making fun of others (that they don't even know personally) asking for help on a forum? Never I guess.

Anyone asking questions here winds up defending their decision to do so, and is hammered with personal attacks and guesswork rather than useful answers.

This forum contains proof the world is full of childish idiots and people that don't know what they're talking about.

I've determined that about 5% of replies are useful, so too bad this is the 'best' place to ask a valid question.

To the OP, good luck (as you can see, you'll need it) and check out individual websites for stuff you want and find a honda dealer that can answer your questions.

To the moderator, can you create a bike subforum where only 'qualified' members with a desire to help can reply to posts?

This lovely thread is a wonderful reminder of why there ought to be one forum for Motorcycles and another one for Scooters... :)

Well said

try goastriders- thailand good crowed in there

Well said

try goastriders- thailand good crowed in there

To correct the typo pete meant "Ghostriders Thailand" ( a good mix but merely caters to the above 600cc crowd)

other good websites (Forum) "Gt-rider" (merely into touring and usually more bigger bikes but very friendly and well seasoned bikers there)

"secret soi rider" (more into sportsbiking/trackdays...a fun crowd but probably not the place for scooter advise)

"tiger sachs club"(forum is for Tiger & Sachs Bikes Information experience & help, but all kind of Bikes are being discussed there...actually there is currently an interesting scooter thread running, small & friendly crowd and probably more suitable for your scooter advise than the above mentioned)

hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Speaking of waisting time, have you addressed even 1 question raised by OP?

Oh ops you have not! sometimes good to do as you preach.

Well, Have YOU addressed even one OP question in THIS reply? No, genius. You're guilty as charged.

i addressed EVERY question as follows, with advice on how to get to the FACTS: "To the OP, good luck (as you can see, you'll need it) and check out individual websites for stuff you want and find a honda dealer that can answer your questions."

so, you're another one of the time-wasters, with nothing to do but rip on people and add no useful info from experience of YOUR OWN, so you think it might be amusing to point out that I pointed out nothing?

In fact, I contributed wide-ranging useful comments about the the entire sub-forum IN THE HOPE that WE can make it better for ALL of us with genuine interest in bikes and helping one another.

It just happened to be in this topic, which is OK (forum etiquette). Perhaps you would have preferred me to start a new topic? I doubt it. You could have said so.

You're just looking for a chance to point out that you're smarter than me because you think I didn't do as I say.

I think some people (the ones i'm complaining about) don't even understand WHAT a forum is for. I'm trying to remind them. They're forum illiterate, maybe.

This is a bike forum. My post was relevant, insightful, and useful. Yours is not.

have a nice day

Well, Have YOU addressed even one OP question in THIS reply? No, genius. You're guilty as charged.

i addressed EVERY question as follows, with advice on how to get to the FACTS: "To the OP, good luck (as you can see, you'll need it) and check out individual websites for stuff you want and find a honda dealer that can answer your questions."

so, you're another one of the time-wasters, with nothing to do but rip on people and add no useful info from experience of YOUR OWN, so you think it might be amusing to point out that I pointed out nothing?

In fact, I contributed wide-ranging useful comments about the the entire sub-forum IN THE HOPE that WE can make it better for ALL of us with genuine interest in bikes and helping one another.

It just happened to be in this topic, which is OK (forum etiquette). Perhaps you would have preferred me to start a new topic? I doubt it. You could have said so.

You're just looking for a chance to point out that you're smarter than me because you think I didn't do as I say.

I think some people (the ones i'm complaining about) don't even understand WHAT a forum is for. I'm trying to remind them. They're forum illiterate, maybe.

This is a bike forum. My post was relevant, insightful, and useful. Yours is not.

have a nice day

Actually yeah i have addressed every single question raised by OP.

Yet again half a page worth of drible from you with not even one useful answer, word or a statement or even relation to the thread.

have a nice day

Actually yeah i have addressed every single question raised by OP.

Yet again half a page worth of drible from you with not even one useful answer, word or a statement or even relation to the thread.

nope. not in your last post, or this one. That's the whole point.

if you did previously, why complain about mine? You should be on my side. You've missed the point. No problem.

OP

Sorry there has been contention on this thread. (It may not have happened had it not been for your title - misleading some to suppose that comedy was invited.) As I understand it, you're just being happy. As for financial comments....

I do not own your model, but researched bikes here for some months. As I am just learning Thai, I faced many of the same questions and problems of understanding.

One thing I discovered was that the advertising brochures often explained matters such as horsepower; Honda has published more about it (sometimes in English, online), in connection with the fuel injection, than other manufacturers. You are bound to get owner's manuals too, and one of them, although in Thai, should have frequency of oil changes and a checklist for maintenance - at least, mine did. Hopefully, you can develop information by applying to translators or extrapolating the numbers - I've had some success that way. I would particularly make use of official information, as some "dealers" or sales facilities can be careless about preventative maintenance.

(I suggest this as you mention that you are a detail person; some of us aren't - but then not all of us buy bikes as new).

There is nevertheless a good deal to be said for the advice that one should "feel" the bike for answers. You'll have seen three Thais on bikes of your type, and it would be rare indeed if the bike had been modified. Typically, we change oil after 1,000 kms (shifting to synthetic, some say, or semi-synthetic, others claim, or - another long subject) and thereafter follow a schedule of 3,000 kms or more (depends upon model and manufacturer's advice).

But there are some questions that are not answerable. For example, Honda allows the use of E20 in your bike, and I am aware of no group of facts submitted on any forum that has sorted out better performance with one fuel or another for your model - mostly, we're concerned with unavailability of (older) fuels that our bikes should use! After you make your own experiments, many riders of "city" bikes would be grateful to hear if there is much difference - but for myself, I doubt that it is easy to demonstrate a significant difference (except price).

Also, for what little it is worth, I agree that that other forums are terrific for information according to their own traditions and members. This one, alas, sometimes draws a few folks who seem to have stored up what psychologists and others in the field of mental health might call "free-floating anger." These are called "flamers," but we're big enough, those of us who must consider budgets and anticipate facts, to forgetaboutit. and wish them better days.

OH, I almost forgot. It is not necessary to "quote" an entire chain of conversation that has already been quoted, particularly if it has been quoted a lot of times as it grew longer and longer. You almost get the feeling that someone's team lost in the Cup, and that it has had a peculiar effect!

Hi, i got the same bike so here is my take:

1. What fuel does it run best on? it can handle quite a few fuels but i want what makes it go the best, dont care about economy.

The Click-i runs fine on Gasohol 91 ( E10) do not feed gasohol e20 asit is not meant to run on it, nor is it advertised to run on e20

2. I am not a big guy weigh 78k's wifey 46k's but still want to fit an aftermarket resevoir style shock on it anyway because it is only single shock, suggestions please for best brand and model to go for, budget around 1500 - 2000 baht

I can easily go with my wife both totalling 150kg and the shock is doing alright...if you wish to change it really for your own reasons but the original shocks will do alright

3. How much HP does this little motor turn out at the rear wheel, not a superbike I know but would be interested in those figures anyway just out of curiosity.

I don't know but it delivers enough power to zip around in town.

4. What tyre pressures Front & Rear do you recommend for daily Bangkok riding check the manual or service center

5. Oil & filter change.....how often? and what oil works best for this motor in this climate check the manual or service center

6. I suppose the bike comes with a Thai only manual, is that right? yes

7. Do you get any tool kit with the bike? dont remember seeing one at the shop It is some pieces that are stuck under the seat

8. How quick are they away from the lights and top end, not gonna ride like a demented Thai taxi rider, I just wanna know what they are capable of. The acceleration fast enough on intersection ...not sure of the topspeed but around 100+ kp/h is possible.

9. Any other useful info you can give me about this bike. underseat storage is too small maybe a rack with a box is a good investment if you have to carry items with you

hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Not seen the Arse shaving thread. I'll do a search later.

I get to use a click quite often. Its very smooth.

every Scooter I've ever used will go over 100km/h , but nice around 80 I think. It does seem to have a very small petrol tank.

The Tyre pressure maybe on the side of the tire or in the manual. The tyre pressure will probably be double what it should be. reduce the pressure and get a less bumpy ride .

Also, for what little it is worth, I agree that that other forums are terrific for information according to their own traditions and members. This one, alas, sometimes draws a few folks who seem to have stored up what psychologists and others in the field of mental health might call "free-floating anger." These are called "flamers," but we're big enough, those of us who must consider budgets and anticipate facts, to forgetaboutit. and wish them better days.

LMAO! Your definition of "flamer" differs a bit from mine...

633693788869866360-FLAMER.jpg

I think "Troll" might be the term you're looking for?

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20px-Padlock-silver-medium.svg.png "Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation "DNFTT" redirect here. For the Wikimedia essay, see "What is a troll?". In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted. While the term troll and its associated action, trolling, are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with 'trolling' being used to describe many intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context.

Have a lovely day! supergay.gif

:cheesy:

OP

Sorry - did not recall that the bike does not allow for E-20, thought otherwise.

Regarding terms: Wiki also offers this: "Flaming (also known as bashing) is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users." I had assumed that someone who did this was a FlamER.

We often have honest differences about terms here, I find, as we frequently are divided by what is sometimes termed a common language. Using Wikipedia as an authority can be fun too. Unfortunately, the model in BigBikeBkk's picture is turned about, so we cannot see if he rounds out, at last, the subject of this post.

Hi CMX ,

the only bikes available in thailand which can run on e20 are from Tiger Motors....i think all of them, not sure though if the gmax runs on e20 too as it is a pgo product really.

In fact the tiger retro is also able to actually run on e85 , but e85 is not easily available as yet.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club -Mbox