Tiger Bikes?

carnac

I am thinking of getting a bigger bike that can move at decent cruising speeds easily. Have a Wave 125. I noticed the Tiger Boxer 250 and liked the looks, the upright rider position and relative compact design, but after having read more about I have some doubts. The Tiger Bike company seems to be very odd and either very low key or secretive. I don't know. They don't promote the products as one might think, the website is antiquated but the pricing is outstanding, if of course the bike is worth a dam_n. Maybe for 72k Bt one couldn't expect too much. If I cannot gain more confidence in the Tiger 250 then I will be leaning toward a second hand Japanese brand I suppose. Any Tiger experts out there?

Hi Carnac,

Here you should find all the info you need. www.tigersachsclub.com if you wish to know anything specific that isn't mentioned on the site specify the question and i shall answer. The Boxer 250RS is a very decent bike and has enough power and torque to do even longer runs on it. The Service has on all occasions above and beyond as other Tiger Owners will confirm.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

I second that the Tiger 250 is a good bike for the price. Tiger are not really secretive as such but Thailand is not really their market. They sell a lot of bikes in the Philipenes. Also they have been burned a few times here in Thailand. Any way back to the bike.

It is capable of 140ish (remember its only a 5 speed). but cruises at about 110-120kmh. It is comfortably (but you may need to remake the saddle if you have a big arse. I have) The low to midrange power is very good, when cruising at 100 just twist the throttle for more go. Can get a bit buzzy at sustained 130ish but nothing to bad. I rode one Bangkok to Khon Kaen and back, other than the seat i liked it for what it was, a small, light, cheap bike. I do prefer more speed and power myself though.

As an upgrade from a Wave to a real bike it is a great choice.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Hi Carnac,

Here you should find all the info you need. www.tigersachsclub.com if you wish to know anything specific that isn't mentioned on the site specify the question and i shall answer. The Boxer 250RS is a very decent bike and has enough power and torque to do even longer runs on it. The Service has on all occasions above and beyond as other Tiger Owners will confirm.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Hi, Thank for the input.

I second that the Tiger 250 is a good bike for the price. Tiger are not really secretive as such but Thailand is not really their market. They sell a lot of bikes in the Philipenes. Also they have been burned a few times here in Thailand. Any way back to the bike.

It is capable of 140ish (remember its only a 5 speed). but cruises at about 110-120kmh. It is comfortably (but you may need to remake the saddle if you have a big arse. I have) The low to midrange power is very good, when cruising at 100 just twist the throttle for more go. Can get a bit buzzy at sustained 130ish but nothing to bad. I rode one Bangkok to Khon Kaen and back, other than the seat i liked it for what it was, a small, light, cheap bike. I do prefer more speed and power myself though.

As an upgrade from a Wave to a real bike it is a great choice.

Allan

Hi, I didn't know they did anything outside of Thailand and I guess secretive was not a good choice of words but if they've been burned that explains a lot. Anyway, the 250 sounds like about what I'm looking for. I just don't want to spend a lot on a bike right now and I hear it's good in traffic so that's a plus. Sort of a compromise bike. I mean I'd love to get a Ducati but who wouldn't? Anyway I've had a couple CanAm enduro bikes but no street bikes other than this Wave which is not too shabby for just running around locally.

Anyway thanks again. I might go to Tiger in BKK and check 'em out or just ride one of the cop's 200s here in KK.

My first pleasant surprise on the Boxer 250 was the good ergonomic of the bike. The small body and tank made, that I felt like grown together with the bike.:thumbsup: Also my wife on the back said, that it is a pleasure. That was a real surprise, because I tested a 150cc before and that was horrible!?! The engine works a little bit rough, but I hope, this would be better after a few houndreds km with good oil. But indeed, its not such smooth like a japanese single. But also milliontimes better, than a Platinum. The torque is marvelous. The suspension is tigerlike something to change. The brakes could be a little bit more bittig. Dunlop tires are recommended. I like the look, except the back, poor plastic scooter like. VERY UGLY!!!:sick: There is something to do. With a little work, it can be a real beauti. All in all: TIGER boxer 250 is a very good choice.:clap2:

Handong, i am surprised that the 150 cc boxer was different ...seeing the frame is identical to the 250 boxer but there are chances that you were sitting on the one with the double rear shocks (for heavy duty) which is pretty hard, it may have also had a different seat because they have changed the seat .

I can say there is not much difference on the seating and feel between the 200 & 250 Boxer...there is sure more power, a better sound, and upside down fork that makes them different but from sitting position and general feel they are about same.

Hi Carnac,

here are some pics of my Boxer ...i did a lot of things on it and it was a real nice bike:

4079294359_8f8549de79_b.jpg

Here on this pictures you can see the following modifications rackmount for topbox, seat modified at local seatmaker for better color match, the chain is a red o-ring chain, grip is a progrip ( but i changed that later) , the tankbag i bought on ebay which is a strap-on tankbag.Front and rear i given some new indicators . I had dunlop arrowmax tubless added and the rear sprocket has been one with a few tooth less for easing the engine on higher sped cruising.

4080054914_9bea123e5a_b.jpg

on this picture you can see that i changed the front light , it is the one from the Kawasaki Victor. The Console has also been changed which comes from a Cagiva F4 150cc ( this the predecessor of the Tiger Boxer). The mirrors were changed i wanted more view to the back and am a bit "wide". I also changed the handlebar to a wider one...this for more cruising comfort.

4089143348_b869528b4e_b.jpg

Here is a view from the side

4171467820_33df134bfb_b.jpg

On this picture you see the new handlegrips which where really great, bought them on ebay fairly cheap , about 4usd. As you can also see on this picture there was a digital speedo mount which came from a sachs x-road.

The windshield holder i modiefied myself for better fit but it was only a temporary fix until a better one was made .

I think thats about it ...lot of nice things were made on my Boxer 250RS but just to have it said many of the things done were made as prototype and aren't easily available (or have to be imported)....but it should give you an idea of whats possible.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

I'm seconding those who say the Tiger Boxer 250 RS is a decent bike and good value. One owner keeps his even though he bought a 650 cc Kawasaki.

Am hoping to buy a used Boxer. A few times when I tried, someone else got lucky.

At a visit to the factory, I found the staff passionate about motorcycles and eager to give satisfaction. Count on low parts prices (I just spent more on Kawasaki parts the last few weeks than a used Boxer 200 is costing - if only the owner would sell it to me at his asking price, but he is another happy customer who wants to hold on to his Boxer).

Ride on,

Chris

I'm seconding those who say the Tiger Boxer 250 RS is a decent bike and good value. One owner keeps his even though he bought a 650 cc Kawasaki.

Am hoping to buy a used Boxer. A few times when I tried, someone else got lucky.

At a visit to the factory, I found the staff passionate about motorcycles and eager to give satisfaction. Count on low parts prices (I just spent more on Kawasaki parts the last few weeks than a used Boxer 200 is costing - if only the owner would sell it to me at his asking price, but he is another happy customer who wants to hold on to his Boxer).

Ride on,

Chris

post-7704-006705000 1278854723_thumb.jpg

post-7704-088722800 1278856134_thumb.jpg