5 Employees, 1 Falang & 1 Thai Gf To Find Plastic Bags In Lotus

Tokay

To connect your ADSL router (modem) you will need an RJ-11 (phone) cable to connect to the wall plug, then either a LAN or a USB cable to connect the router to your PC. Which one of those cables is it that you call an ADSL cable?

Edited by Phil Conners

I recently ventured to a fishing park where at the entrance was a small coffee shop.I,d decided I wanted a hot coffee before I started fishing.I asked my gf if she could order me one.On returning she told me the

assistant had asked her if I,d wanted ice in it.You could'nt make it up. :blink:

A similar thing happened to me in a UK restaurant many moons ago. The young girl walked ove, I won't even call her a waitress, and asked would I like anything else to which I replied "A black coffee, please."

"What's that?"

"It's coffee without cream."

She went away and came back about 5 minutes later, empty handed and sais:-

"We have no cream. Do you want it without milk?"

Edited by mr_hippo

I don't usually monitor too much about whether a thread is staying exactly on the original topic, but in this case, the whole ADSL issue has gone on long enough.

Any more ADSL cable/no it's a phone line/whatever posts will simply be deleted.

Thanks for understanding..

I don't usually monitor too much about whether a thread is staying exactly on the original topic, but in this case, the whole ADSL issue has gone on long enough.

You called that one right.Who gives a toss what the name of a piece of cable is known has.:wacko:

You called that one right.Who gives a toss what the name of a piece of cable is known has.:wacko:

it was almost getting as silly as the four candles/fork handles sketch. rolleyes.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Having spent the entire night trying to drink my weight in alcohol wail out with friend in Pai one night. The next morning we were all feeling fragile but in need of a fry up, (farang style) we found a café, looked like it was up to the job!

We sat down, got some strong coffee and set about the simple task of ordering some breakfast, so I thought! Do you know what I mean when I say you see a set breakfast, (SB) on the menu, but there is always an item on the menu you want as well, that’s not on the SB! No problem right? Just order that as well as your set breakfast, (in this case it was fried potato, FP) I elected to stick to English, as the young girl spoke it well, (better than I could on that morning) I ordered my SB, and then the trouble started!!! I asked for the FP as well…..Ohoooo I could tell even after pointing to it on the menu, it was “Game over” She crossed off my SB and wrote something (FP) “No” I said politely, pointing to the SB and the FP, I was saying “gap” (together) Oooo No, this dog an’t gonna hunt today! After 20 minutes and two note pads later………I gave up and ordered just the SB, as I’m sure I was about to pass out with the munchies. When the breakfast arrived and she started to walk away, I call after her and asked for an order of 31………………..The FP, without missing a step, she nodded and 10 minutes later I got my FP.

Now fueled up I was ready for some verbal gymnastics and ordered a “Fanta” Is it just me or is “Fanta” the hardest drink in Thailand to get first time?

Reminds me of the time I went to Home Pro Ploenchit to buy nails couldn't find them anywhere so asked the girl and got the same mai mee, so I said with a smile no no nails 'ta poo' and pointed at the 20 different styles of hammers on display again she said mai mee and the funny thing was she was right Home Pro the DIY superstore don't sell nails.

Try ordering a Leo (beer).

Did that a couple of days ago with a delectable little creature in a skimpy San Mig L dress.

She pointed to a part of her anatomy, I said No, BR lee-OH, and she kept coming back to refill my glass.

Only farang in the place, must confess.

Reminds me of te time I went to Home Pro Ploenchit to buy nails couldn't find them anywhere so asked the girl and got the same mai mee, so I said with a smile no no nails 'ta poo' and pointed at the 20 different styles of hammers on display again she said mai mee and the funny thing was she was right Home Pro the DIY superstore don't sell nails.

It's not them not having what you ask for, for me it’s the way they normally tell you they don’t carry that item. Being a westerner we tend to group associate items. As westerners we tend to just naturally expect them to have, whatever line of business, in your case nails, but come on! Nails in a DIY store! Are you deranged, what were you thinking?) In my case I simply asked for batteries for the torch I had just said I would buy. The sales person couldn’t contain herself in letting all the staff, about 6 or 7 of them, (it was a very very small shop) know that a bone head farang had just asked for batteries!!! (“He’s bought a torch….NOW he wants batteries) Well we all had a good laugh over that, you’d have thought I asked for a plutonium fuel rod for the torch! OH! And once in Tesco “lowtat” the wife was buying cotton buds, and they were in sweet section……Next to the cotton candy, the thing I found funny was that my wife didn’t think it strange!!!! I just let that one go over my head, did not want to open that Pandora box!

Is it just me or is “Fanta” the hardest drink in Thailand to get first time?

Try ordering a Leo (beer).

Or the set of 3 Leos you get at some bars. All have to come together, and all opened, waiting for you to finish one, before opening the other would just be crazy.

Just smile and laugh at them, living here is much easier that way. :D

After a few years, you generally learn not to talk to, or otherwise engage Thai people.

well, by a few years, you learn to find things for yourself & not ask as you know youll probably get the wrong answer

True, as long as it is "mai mee".

Normally I receive that answer in computer/electronics stores.

I guess this is because the employee maybe do not know what I ask for.

Having sat in the lobby of a hotel reading the Nation for a while, I asked the girl if she had a copy of the "Bangkok Post".

Looking flummoxed I tried in my best Thai "Me Bangkok Post mai?", to which she answered back to me in Thai "Why do you want corn flower?"

Bangkokpost - Baeng Corport

Its not hard to understand - the staff don't care for any customer - certainly not for a farang.....

They care even less if the Thai asking is accompanied by a farang!

They only 'care' if they see the person asking as important.

Edited by F1fanatic

Most of the time, people working in any particular establishment has no clue what they are selling, or if they do they know nothing about the product. I don't think it's their fault as the employer has failed to give them adequate instruction.

Barry

Well you may be right, or it might be a sign of a drift towards the old UK stock response:-

"If it ain't on the shelves we ain't go' it".

It also requires the shop assistants to see their job as a career and actually take an interest in the goods they sell and the customers they meet. All part of what we call service, now almost extinct in the west and appears to be following suit elsewhere.

If only us crusty old dinosaurs would hurry up and shuffle off into the sunset all the shop assistants could get on with the important work like painting their nails.