That Dog

neilf

for those who followed the injured dog that wasnt being treated i am told it is at a vets now and they operate tomorrow.sprobert is the man to pm for more info or to offer to help things along if you get my drift.

I was going to start a thread on it also,good someone else did.I called the OP of the original thread and we picked the dog up and took it to the vet Pattaya Animal Health Clinic 3rd Road M9.It was in a dreadful state,it was part terrier,part whatever,but looked a well cared for dog before it was struck by car

My understanding at the vets was the OP had enough money for 3 days of drip treatment,if it recovered sufficiently after that he had enough money for x ray and leg fixing(front legs are very difficult to set) or if it did not respond there was enough money to have the dog put to sleep,it is my betting that the dog will be PTS. The money in the pot is not enough to give this dog a fighting chance,it needs at least a weeks drip treatment.each day it is there is around 700 Baht for the drip.

Anyway the dog is there,anyone can go see it,or donate something to prolong its treatment

Edited by sbk

we went to the vets tonight and the dog looks a lot better than it was although we are still up against the local culture and although we thought an x-ray had been done it hasnt and the vet has no facilities for this so we have to take the dog to an animal hospital in nakula tomm and pay about 700 for the x-ray it will then need treatment re. damage to legs etc.

we now think it will not be put down and need to think about a home------------will prob have a permanent limp or 2 poss on both front legs. the last poster here was thoughtful enough to bring food which the dog eat keenly so sort of on mend----------------he helps other dogs all the time !

we cant help them all but my feeling is--------------ok call me silly dont care------------that if we can help one or two then we are " making merit " in our own way.

we went to the vets tonight and the dog looks a lot better than it was although we are still up against the local culture and although we thought an x-ray had been done it hasnt and the vet has no facilities for this so we have to take the dog to an animal hospital in nakula tomm and pay about 700 for the x-ray it will then need treatment re. damage to legs etc.

we now think it will not be put down and need to think about a home------------will prob have a permanent limp or 2 poss on both front legs. the last poster here was thoughtful enough to bring food which the dog eat keenly so sort of on mend----------------he helps other dogs all the time !

we cant help them all but my feeling is--------------ok call me silly dont care------------that if we can help one or two then we are " making merit " in our own way.

To paraphrase a Chiang Mai animal assistance group:

Helping one dog will not change the world; but the world will change for that one dog,

This dog might be a Buddhist on the journey to the next life,

For f*cks sake let him go and help a child through school instead.

Why can't the Thais help them bloody selves,it seems it's the farangs helping this charity, helping that charity. The country is that rich that I feel like a pauper with the currency exchange.

Sorry but I'll put my money where I choose,little wonder there is a huge cloud hanging over Thailand,the sheer inadequacy in this country is staggering and it is down to the government

Edited by jori