Entry Level Android Phone

inasia

What's a nice, cheap, entry-level Android phone I can buy in Bangkok?

I'll be leaving Thailand for a while next month to do an app project, and I'll have a whole range of handsets to test on.

But in the meantime, I just want to play around with some test apps, and downloading them to a handset to see how they look.

I don't need anything too high-end for this.

You'll need a phone that's been properly "hacked" so you can test your app on a variety of roms. I'd recommend a cheapo G1. If you want a better idea - check out the XDA developers forum, this should give you an idea.

Just saw a new cheap HTC Android phone available in Thailand, the HTC Smart. Specs similar to the Tattoo but has G3 (so far not very usable in Thailand unless you're in Bangkok) and about 2,000 cheaper at 6,500 baht.

The Smart is not an Android phone.

Just saw a new cheap HTC Android phone available in Thailand, the HTC Smart. Specs similar to the Tattoo but has G3 (so far not very usable in Thailand unless you're in Bangkok) and about 2,000 cheaper at 6,500 baht.

PC

What is the most expensive HTC Android phone available in Thailand, which model and where can it be purchased,

thanks

Was just shown Samsung's (USA) Galaxy S Android 2.2 phone. When do you think the unlocked version (as well as the unlocked iPhone 4) will be here in LOS?

Can anyone compare the new Samsung Galaxy S to the iPhone 4?

PC

What is the most expensive HTC Android phone available in Thailand, which model and where can it be purchased,

thanks

I think at this time it's still the HTC Desire. RRP around 22,000 baht. Sold many places, I believe the official retailer is the Jay Phone chain.

• 11 months later...

And what-- one year later-- is the answer to the topic question?

Is it still Tattoo? And is the price the same...?

Whatever phone it is, what price can it be got at MBK or CentralWorld?

Thank you!

Thank you!

The Tatoo is now obsolete, and has been replaced by HTC by the Wildfire, and now Wildfire S, I don't know about MBK prices but here in Chiang Mai it's sold 8900 bahts at HTC shop... looks to me like an honest Android phone... The Wellcom A99 is another possible choice for the same kind of price.

Phil

Thank you!

The Tatoo is now obsolete, and has been replaced by HTC by the Wildfire, and now Wildfire S, I don't know about MBK prices but here in Chiang Mai it's sold 8900 bahts at HTC shop... looks to me like an honest Android phone... The Wellcom A99 is another possible choice for the same kind of price.

Phil

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

And what-- 6 months later from my last time to pose the question-- is the answer to the topic question?

(for technical reasons, in my case, it must have at least Android 2.2 and have .3 GB of SD memory)

Thank you!