Bbq Sandwhich King

cwldanny

I went down to BBQ Burger King on Saturday since I saw that there were quite a few good reviews about the place here on Thaivisa as well on a few sites around the internet. It was a quick drive, located very close to Moo Baan Nichada Thani and about 10 minutes from Central Chaengwattana, so its a possible lunch/dinner option if you find yourself around here often.

The shop was smaller than expected, but had a very friendly atmosphere to it. There are 2 small picnic style tables, I would say that you could sit around 8 diners without getting too uncomfortable. The shop has 3 staff excluding the owner (Mark) if I remember correctly, and you can see your food being made just over the counter top.

Front of the Store

IMG_1187.jpg

Cashier and Kitchen

IMG_1197.jpg

Larger of the two tables in the store

IMG_1193.jpg

Memorabilia

IMG_1196.jpg

I arrived at around 11:30, hungry from reading all the reviews about this place and the Metro Burger thats supposedly one of the best in town, unfortunately we had a slight dining delay due to the gas not being delivered on time (Which might actually be expected, having lived here in Thailand all my life and having the delivery guys turn up an hour late even though they said they were 5 minutes away).

Their website is http://www.bbqsandwichking.co.th/ if you need directions.

Anyways Mark was very open to discussion and friendly, offered us drinks and an appetizer for the short wait and we browsed the menu to see what we would be ordering.

Appetizer

IMG_1199.jpg

The Menu can be found on their website, but off the top of my head I remember seeing tater tots, hot dogs, alcoholic as well as non alcoholic drinks, quesadillas and of course, burgers. Chicken / Pork / Beef depending on your personal preferences.

I ordered the Chicken Quesadillas and Metro Burger. I think I will let the photos do the talking for now.

Chicken Quesadilla

IMG_1200.jpg

Cheese and Chicken Chunks

IMG_1202.jpg

Metro Burger on the Menu

IMG_1192.jpg

Metro Burger that comes along with a side of Tater Tots

IMG_1204.jpg

Split in Half

IMG_1205.jpg

Overall the burger was enjoyable, much better than what you would get anywhere in Bangkok. The patty is made from TF beef, not too dry but at the same time not too moist. I found the Chicken Quesadilla to be just average compared to what you would find overseas but still one of the better ones in Thailand. Tater Tots were great.

If you find yourself around here, do drop in and grab a bite. I saw a banana split off the menu written on one of the boards on the wall but didn't try it, since I was already stuffed. Prices are more than what you pay at a fast food place or Thai restaurant, but you get what you pay for. I definitely will be returning in the future whenever I crave a burger.

From talking to the Owner (Mark), I have learned that he will be opening a 2nd store closer to ISB under the name of "Slider Shack." A slightly different menu with smaller portions.

When I asked about downtown, he said he definitely has plans but nothing set in steel yet I suppose.

A whopper with bacon and cheese at BK is 199 baht I think. 

I think that's the meal.

Mark's place has great food. Just waiting for them to open up in town... or for BKKJames to get a franchise ;)

Thanks for another great review, cwldanny!

Edited by onethailand

I would like to point out to the Mods that I am not the owner of this place or a friend of his. I have been taking photos and writing reviews of places and posting them in the forum for some time now, so I don't really know why you would lock this thread.

Unless BkkJames is correct and we arent allowed to talk about any stores other than our sponsers, If so let me know and I can stop posting my reviews here.

Edited by cwldanny

I would like to point out to the Mods that I am not the owner of this place or a friend of his. I have been taking photos and writing reviews of places and posting them in the forum for some time now, so I don't really know why you would lock this thread.

Unless BkkJames is correct and we arent allowed to talk about any stores other than our sponsers, If so let me know and I can stop posting my reviews here.

I liked your review and photos mate. A lot of people have been talking about this place and you were the first to my knowledge to post some pics. Cheers

Yes OP, does'nt matter if you have a personal interest in the place or not (i believe you!)... good on you for taking the time to take the pictures and post,

Definately makes a change from the usual dross dished out here.

I dont get it why guys like you and JF Chandler cop so much flack from doing something that is obviously not lucrative to you or will benefit you hugely in any way

Anyway, my question..

You say 10 minutes from Central Chaengwattana..Also on Chaengwattana road? what direction? towards river end or in the other direction heading towards the government buildings where we go for immigration dept??

Thanks guys.

@Ozzie: If you are at Central Chaengwattana, head towards the River or Pak Kret side. Once you leave Central you should be approaching a Home Pro or Carrefour, turn left into the soi before the overpassing bridge thats before carrefour and take another left at the junction. Drive about 20 meters and it should be on your right.

• 2 weeks later...

dear friends valued customers,

the 2.5 year wait is over due to consistent demand you can now have our delicious food delivered to your home or office in central bangkok via

http://www.chefsxp.com

for lunch and dinner. this is slated to begin on thursday 29 july. it's a limited menu, which features our signature bbq pork and chicken sandwiches, carolina pork rib sandwich, pork spare ribs, chicken quesadillas, tater tots and cole slaw.

http://www.bbqsandwichking.co.th

i certainly do apologize if we run out of food, and there will always be more tomorrow!

regards mark

Edited by soundman
Removed all the embeded code for readability

May well try ordering next time I'm in BKK. I've known Mark for best part of 10 years, not good mates, but I know that when he does something he aims to do it as well as it can be done - whether it is drumming in a band, golf or making burgers & ribs.

ChefsXP warned me it might be an hour and a half, presumably because the shop is out in Nonthaburi - but amazingly the order arrived in about 45 minutes... chicken quesadilla still warm, tater tots not yet mushy (a good thing).

Food was fantastic. My kids especially love the quesadilla... with the BBQ sauce that was meant for the ribs! Ribs were very good too.

Will definitely be ordering again soon :)

thank you very much for your kind comments, oneinthailand.

i appreciate and respect your patronage.

actually, we set up a delivery kitchen in the sukhumvit area.

ChefsXP warned me it might be an hour and a half, presumably because the shop is out in Nonthaburi - but amazingly the order arrived in about 45 minutes... chicken quesadilla still warm, tater tots not yet mushy (a good thing).

Food was fantastic. My kids especially love the quesadilla... with the BBQ sauce that was meant for the ribs! Ribs were very good too.

Will definitely be ordering again soon :)

• 1 month later...