Distance To Closest Divesites From Saladan

FarangCravings

Hi FarangCravings

From Saladan the time to dive sites depends on the weather and the kind of boat you take.

Most dive operators have the bigger boats (Go Dive, Koh Lanta Diving Centre, Lanta Diver etc). These typically take around 1.5-2 hours to Koh Bida, Phi-Phi or Koh Haa. Hin Daeng and Mueng takes about 4 hours.

The speed boats are quicker, but I have not taken one of these from Saladan.

There are a couple of operators that run out of other parts of the isalnd down south, and they may be closer to some sites (Anti Gravity from Amantra Resort in Klong Nin andScubafish from Kantiang Bay/Old Town).

There are also less frequented dive sites and exploration trips to places such as Koh Kradan and Koh Waen, as well as bigger day trips to King Cruiser and Anemone Reef sometimes too.

Most dive operators include pick up and return from your resort to their boat by car.

If you go to Hin Daeng/Mueng you usually leave 7am and retutrn around 6pm.

The Koh Haa/Bida/Phi-Phi trips usually leave 8am returning 4pm or earlier to Saladan.

Breakfast and lunch are usually included on the boat.

There is also a live-aboard dive operator out of Saladan (the office is near the pizza shop by the police box and motorcycle ferry at the saladan intersection).

I am not on the island at the moment so am not sure which companies are open at present. There are a number of divers still there who will be working free lance if there aren't many shops open (try asking for Rob at Serenety massage or finding a diver in one of the open bars). I should be back there next week if you want to know then.

have fun : )