Stagnos

ChiangMaiThai

Yes, that is it: Steganos Internet Anonym Pro™ 7

It was spelled the wrong way in a forum where I read about it.

Do you know what it does exactly and what it does to your IP address?

It cannot actually CHANGE your IP address, that is determined by your ISP from a limited pool of numbers.

I've not actually used it, but it would appear that it hops between different proxies around the globe, up to once every minute. Using a proxy makes it APPEAR to a remote site that you are using the IP address of the proxy, rather than your own real one.

Assuming that the hopping is not predictable it will be very difficult to identify where you are located.

Edited by Crossy

Just wondering. Why would you want to use this? :o

I'm paranoid.

There are other sites that let you piggyback over there network, but their IP addresses have been used for fraud in the past so whenever you log into a site, you are often singled out yourself which is no good... You're anonymous, but if you log into your online banking with their IP address, you will set off alarms...

I want a proxy server that constantly changes IP addresses. Does this exist?

Just wondering. Why would you want to use this? :o

I'm paranoid.

There are other sites that let you piggyback over there network, but their IP addresses have been used for fraud in the past so whenever you log into a site, you are often singled out yourself which is no good... You're anonymous, but if you log into your online banking with their IP address, you will set off alarms...

I want a proxy server that constantly changes IP addresses. Does this exist?

Steganos is as close to an 'IP Hopping' proxy as you are going to get.

I've tried the Steganos Internet Anonym Pro 7, and find it really slows down your browsing. When I do want to be annonymous on the web, I use GhostSurf 2005 Platinum. I don't know why their sight http://www.tenebril.com/ is always down, but you can still download it here.

http://www.tomdownload.com/utilities/secur...05_platinum.htm

Your internet speed actually increases when you have this running.