Accommodation / Sharing In Koh Samui

Hi, I arrive in Koh Samui 12th September and was wondering where I can stay for the first few nights. Ideally I want to stay in Koh Samui for a few weeks. I'd love some cheap accommodation for myself or perhaps to share with a fellow Brit (or other nationality) that is easy going like myself. All I want to do is work on my Internet business and perhaps enjoy the weather and culture! All I need is a little security and WIFI!

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Edited by jc7

OK Koheesti. :whistling:

You need a non-immigrant visa and work permit to do your internet business in Thailand.

Warning: The penalty for working in Thailand without a work permit can be from 3 months to 5 years imprisonment. You will also face deportation and be blacklisted from Thailand for 99 years.

Source: http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/Thailand-Work-Permit.php

Normally just 200.00 baht fine and deportation and blacklisted.

Be aware that if you have been deported some countries like US wont let you in for five years.

Edited by PoorSucker

What's to say I don't have one?

Also, a lot of people run there Internet businesses on the move - I really doubt they get a work permit in every country they visit. I imagine this is the sort of thing that is kept on the sly and if you're constantly moving is fine. I'd say the only people that would really look into this are proper 'jobsworths' with nothing better to do with there time. If I did have trouble I'd just pay the 200.00 Baht (20,000?) fine and leave.

I'd share with a Thai lady if I knew one - I've lived all over the world (and worked haha) but I just don't know anyone from Thailand yet!

Thanks for the replies people. Appreciated.

What's to say I don't have one?

Also, a lot of people run there Internet businesses on the move - I really doubt they get a work permit in every country they visit. I imagine this is the sort of thing that is kept on the sly and if you're constantly moving is fine. I'd say the only people that would really look into this are proper 'jobsworths' with nothing better to do with there time. If I did have trouble I'd just pay the 200.00 Baht (20,000?) fine and leave.

I'd share with a Thai lady if I knew one - I've lived all over the world (and worked haha) but I just don't know anyone from Thailand yet!

Thanks for the replies people. Appreciated.

it is quite simple. just walk slowly through green mango at night time maybe within about 20 minutes u will have a thai lady company. They know more about thailand than forangs and they ared good at teaching your how to manage your money. listen wisely lol