Failed Visa Trip

Dave ...it sounds very much like a single entry tourist visa. It is VALID for 90 days. That means you must enter Thailand within 90 days from the date of issue. The visa enables a 60 day stay and is extendable for up to 30 days. Being married to a Thai I wonder why you didn't get a Non-Immigrant O visa. That does enable a 90 day stay.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my dear friend Dr. PP you are very confused so perhaps I should help you here. Hehehehehehehe :DB)

First visa I got was my 30 day visa back in 2001. I extended that one for another 30 days due to plane scheduling that had no seats outbound since I was under the status of employee which they give first priority to paying passengers.

Second time around which was in 2002 and I got the 90 day visa here in Chicago and did not need to extend that at all

I got married this past JULY my friend in 2003 and is now only married for 4 months to my new wife. I got my Non-Immig B Visa One Year Multi issued in July of 2003 before I left here to get married.

This time around coming in January 2004 I am returning back to Thailand temporary for some business under this Visa and when I make my next trip after this January I will have myself a Non-Immig O Visa Multi One year. I cannot get it now cause the wifey has the papers, and I might as well use my B Visa for the time being anyway.

Hope this clears up your confusion, ahhhhhhhhh, let me rub you a bit so you can relax giving you the American Massage!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you have too much Thai and need a change of activities. :oB)B)

All that is required is you pass your background check, certain money put into the Thai bank coming from abroad and certified such did come from abroad, and your in business.

WHEN YOU ARE 50!

Dave doesn't listen much pnustedt. Comes right on in where angels fear to tread. Dave has a brand new class of visa for those who are not yet 50. It is sadly not yet available in Thai missions. He says that he has a Tourist visa ...whereas, he actually has a Non-Immigrant visa.

On 24th. November, 2003,I took three of my chinese clientsl from mainland china to Non Kai then crossed to Viantien Thai Embassy ( Laos ) for Non B Visa application. All the support document were complete and in order. I was referred from one counter to the another and only be told that certain nationality such as China and Taiwan international passport would not be considered for Non Immi. B or even tourist Visa but just the 14 days arriving visa at the cost of 1,000 baht each at the Thai boarder immigaration office. In actual facts about 2 and a half month before that date , my secretary holding Taiwan passport was approved Non Immi. B Visa supported by same of my company documents. There have not been any clear notice to that effect since such approval was given in 2 month ago and then why now is not. I should think at least if Non B was not considered , at least Tourist Visa should be given. Beside us, there are at least one lady holdingTaiwan passport was told by agent to wait for Visa service for additional fees to be considered for Tourisa Visa. I appreciate if any one kwow how to secure Non B Or Tourisa Visa at Vientian Thai embassy office. The last occasion I went to Phnon phem, at least Tourisa Visa was approved in stead of Non B Visa. With tourist Visa, one could still upgrate it to Non B at Bangkok for work permit application purpose.

Guest IT Manager
Hey Dr. PP  what's with this darn flood control constantly being on.  Do you guys have a low bandwidth or what???????  There cannot be that many pouring in responses all at the same time now unless you got 5,000 plus members ganging up on you for some Michael Jackson Tickets to the Movie Priemier!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o  B)

Daveyo

:D

My dear Dave,

Flood control stops web bots from trolling. It also gives you time to read what you are about to post and see if it comes anywhere near making sense.

If you feel it does, you go ahead and post it. If however, on reflection, you find there are parts which may be either just plain wrong, wildly illogical or don't make an ounce of sense, it prevents the punters thinking you are a <deleted>, which we try to avoid at all costs because it is incredible passe' to be thought a <deleted> in an excellent forum like this.

Furthermore, in the event that what you have posted is just plain wrong, especially regarding visas etc., which a number of persons who are on the board are daily involved in, it enables you to correct the wrong bits and come out shining like a button on your Dads' Army Uniform.

Happy Thanksgiving. I am off to a funeral where they will serve Chang Beer.

CYA B)

so, i'll ask the qustion again. what are my visa choices?

lets hazard a geuss. NONE, apart from repeat tourists stamps or 30 day entry stamps.

Sorry Morphic, but you are missing the point entirely. You have display an attitiude which is a pet hate of mine but that so many westerners seem to have here. That is, they seem to think they are entitled to stay in Thailand as long as they want. Granted, you may not be any of those dodgy things that you are mentioned, but that doesn't matter.

The real point here is, Thailand is a sovereign nation, and decides who comes here, how long they stay and when they leave. The only people who have an total right to stay in Thailand indefinetly are Thai citizens. Full Stop.

Thailands immigration policy reflects most other nations. Ulitmately foreigners are only allowed in if they can provide a substantial economic contribution to Thailand. That means, if you are here as a tourist, you come here, spend lots of money in hotels and tours. Travel around and then leave.

If you want to stay longer, then by all means do. But make sure you invest a large amount of money in the nation, in the form of a business or some sort of activity that will generate wealth in Thailand. Make sure that this money grows while you are here too. If you start a business, then make sure you hire some Thai's providing them directly with jobs. Thailand will have you then.

Otherwise, find a good skilled job here which can help contribute productively to the economy and the nation. Do this through a legitimate company which is above board and pays its taxes and then the process is straighforward (albeit lengthy).

Most other developed nations invoke the same policy as Thailand when determining its immigration policy, and I doubt if there is one western nation here which will allow anyone, no matter what their nationality, to stay willy-nilly for as long as they want, regardless of their legitmacy as a long term tourist. You just have to draw the line somewhere for non nationals who want to stay in your country.

I also must declare a conflict of interest here to, as a dual thai national, I am lucky that I don't face the dillema that many face when wanting to stay in Thailand. But then again, at some stage in the future I'd really like to go live somewhere in Europe, but my chances there are next to ziltch, unless of course I can find a job and prove that there is not one other EU citizen which can do that job better than me.

cheers

samran

Flood control stops web bots from trolling. It also gives you time to read what you are about to post and see if it comes anywhere near making sense.

Not true! Flood control here will not allow you to open a reply screen. Agree that it should allow you to compose a message but just prevent adding it until the 120 seconds have passed. Might want to see if that can be changed?

Not true! Flood control here will not allow you to open a reply screen. Agree that it should allow you to compose a message but just prevent adding it until the 120 seconds have passed. Might want to see if that can be changed?

AGree to this.

Have one more, minor, problem.

After reading a posting and click View new posts I get flood control.

Hi morphic,

get a retirement visa or a type'O' multiple entry visa, they are both a doddle to get, (if in BKK) if you need more info call me on +66(0) 17412211 I'd be glad to help. :o

But he is under 50, and not married to a Thai, and will not put a large ammount into the Bank, how will it be a doddle to get a Non Imm?

I am in a similar position, i do have a route to get one, but it is a long route.........

Hi

I am an Englishman and I have lived in Thailand for 4 years and I have travelled extensivelly throughout Asia.

The girlie metioned in front of the Thai Embassy was probably an agent fot a visa agency, I had no problems whatsoever on Phnom Pen 2 months ago, I went via the airport.

I have alos been to Kuala Lumpa where I can only sing their praises.

ADMIN edited unsavoury claim

Edited by dr_Pat_Pong

My God! what kind of statement is this?

Most Thai people travelling abroad are very respectable people (business, tourists, students etc.).

Yes there are a FEW naughty girls but they are a very small MINORITY!!!

opalhort

Edited by dr_Pat_Pong

Ole Morphic does display an unenviable sort of attitude. He kinda expects Thailand to create a special class of visa just for him.

No he doesn't.

Furthermore, "Thailand" does not need to create a new visa for Morphic and others who are clearly not residents, not working, not retired.

They are tourists.

Someone recently stated that a tourist should visit this soveriegn nation, with all it's miriad wonders, spend money and then leave.

After how long?

To fully "tour" this fabulous country would take years.

Morphic has already stated that he does not wish to reside here permanently but simply wishes to stay here for now. One would assume that a tourist visa is perfectly adequate and indeed the only available choice.

Before I was married I was a tourist for many years visiting many beautiful places and spending boat loads of money. I didn't own any property and I didn't work. I complied with the immigration laws and received the appropriate visa.

If immigration is concerned about tourists visiting Thailand ??? times or staying for ??? months/years then they should be more specific.

I do not understand why some members get so wound up over this issue.

I believe Morphic has a valid point. How about offering some constructive advice/criticism instead of slagging the bloke off.

:o

Morphic and others do make some valid points I think. I am sure we all start with the premise that Thailand is a sovereign states that makes and enforces it's own immigration laws as it sees fit. From a purely practical view, however, it seems to me it would make some sense for the authorities to make some accomodation for people in situations similiar to Morph's and other's similially situated. People who have the means to support themselves in Thailand without working at a younger age than 50. The country has an active program to encourage long-term stay visitors (basically "retired" people) so why not just expand the definition of "retired" a little bit to include financially secure persons under 50 as well as over? I can see no detriminent to the Kingdom from such a step. In fact, there might be additional benefits as all the monies spent on visa runs (airfares, hotels, shopping, eating, etc) would instead be spent in Thailand, rather than Singapore, Penang, England, Australia, USA, or wherever.

The retirement extension visa program seems to work fine. I don't see any reason why the authorities couldn't just do away with the age requirement, keeping the other requirements intact. I mean, this would still be double the financial requirement for a likely single person. They require only half this financial wherewithal for someone the Kingdon expects to support a THai wife and possibibly a family as well.

Just my ramblings on this subject. Like others have also said, maybe the whole point of all this supposed "harassment" of long-term stayers on tourist visas is to encourage the ones who can to buy a Priviledge Card and to have the rest return home. Seems kinda silly, though, if this is the point as why allow the over 50s to stay with only the farily minimal asset/income requirements.

From a purely practical view, however, it seems to me it would make some sense for the authorities to make some accomodation for people in situations similiar to Morph's and other's similially situated. People who have the means to support themselves in Thailand without working at a younger age than 50.

Top point JonnieB.

I agree it would make sense.

That's the paradox.

This is Thailand.

:o

Morphic has already stated that he does not wish to reside here permanently but simply wishes to stay here for now. One would assume that a tourist visa is perfectly adequate and indeed the only available choice

He didn't want to border hop, but as he is unwilling to invest, TR visa's are the only way for him.

Well I don't think anyone wants to be doing the bunny hop 4 times a year. It is downright crazy especially if you get a years worth to stay visa.

But again this and a few other countries have certain laws which compound the problem for some others.

The purpose of not bringing the age barrier down to say 40 is quite clear. They have enough young people in Thailand and they don't want an exodus of 40 year olds coming to thailand to retire. Thailand wants to protect themselves to a certain point. I am not in agreement with this concept of this kind of thinking and again I am not trying to steer it either direction on the other hand.

As to of the outrageous comment a few posts back by Erco whew!!!!!!! What area of land are you from??????? The deep seated hatred of your opinion is obvious.

Listen we have had hookers for over 2,000 plus years and further back. That is human nature coming from the women. It is the men who desire such and the women merely ply their trade in another different way and form.

Now whether they want to do it that is another matter which is entirely up to them. It is their bodies and we don't have a womens body period. Women know the power that they have and they also know what us men are WEAK in certain areas, and us men also think we know what they the women are weak in.

Women are weak for diamonds, for flowers, for simple things that mean a lot, that to them is prestige, women are into families and kids which when a child cries their tenderness comes out. Yes women have weaknesses, but us men have a bigger weakness that we cannot control.

So if you hate prostitues, have you ever tried to help them change their lives for the better??????? I have and turned 3 hookers lives around. To this day they still thank me for my guidance and help. They are now much happier than they have ever been.

Daveyo

As to of the outrageous comment a few posts back by Erco whew!!!!!!! What area of land are you from??????? The deep seated hatred of your opinion is obvious.

I agree with you DaveYo. Sadly, there seems to be a lot of westerners that come to Thailand and after awhile they become very jaded in their outlook on Thailand and her people. Also, they develop a feeling of superiority over Thais and I suspect over all Asians as well. Most of the people tend to be drunks with very little education and of course very little finanacial backing. They think they deserve a special status here, God only knows why because it is a complete mystery to me.

It amazes me to hear about people who have spent years here and have such a distain for Thai food, her people, and her culture.

I am curious about this poster who made reference about Thai people obtaining visas. Is he one of the "undesireables" who came home in the wee hours drunk and penniless? Had nothing better to do then to write some gibberish at 4 am? That's my guess. :o

The poster identified himself as English. I would like to pose this question....do you think the majority of Brits coming out here develop this attitute? I was curious because in England they have a class system meaning a royal family and lots of people with titles and so on. The House of Lords is an unelected body and the country is filled with public schools where the requirement for entry is family name and money.

I don't want to generalize but I often hear Brits making these comments. I know Australia and US have a fair number of ignornant as well but I gather they are fewer in number. Could this be due to the lack of a monarchy and class system? I know Australia and the US prides itself about all people being equal. From a psychological point of view, could it be that repressed people of British heritage turn out to become repressors? You know trying to find someone they can knock down in order to feel better about themselves? Just curious. What do you think?

I know Prince William is in Australia working on a ranch. I can picture the Aussies working with him calling him Bill. :D

I have to take my client to Penang, Malaysia for Non B application on this Monday. I appreciate, if any one have such experience would shed some light on this. Time and money are wasted unnecessary for unclear attempts.

PRC applications for Non-Immigrant visa's must be made in the PRC generally speaking.

I never touched this thread before - 'just went through and read the whole thing - ROTFLMAO.

Some clown is going to teach mean old Thailand a lesson by relocating to.... India or the Philippines. This means that Thai girls hearts will break, Thailand wil slip into economic decline, etc. etc.

Heh, heh, well, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Let's see- last week the world financial structures upgraded Thailand's economic rating - not one, but two notches. Sunday, Taksin announces that Thailand will no longer be accepting foreign aid - give all money intended for Thailand to poor neighboring countries instead. Last month, he announced that Thailand is seriously considering lowering its flat corporate tax rate.

Whew - boy, I hope the departure of the dodgy guys doesn't send Thailand back into the fourth world.

Hey - you guy's leaving for the Philippines - I recommend the island of Jolo - you'll be REALLY popular there.

And for India - I hear the area up by Srinigar, Kashmir is REALLY nice - 'send us a postcard, maybe?

I heard something REALLY interesting this morning - a client of mine with a Class O visa was refused the right to open a passbook savings account - into which he planned to wire the money to qualify for a long-term entry permit extension - because he didn't have a work permit (he has a non-immigrant entry permit). I thought he must have gotten into some confusion, so I had my Office Manager call her friend who works at Bangkok Bank - and - guess what - her friend confirmed that there is some new rule out restricting opening of new bank accounts - even passbook savings accounts - for foreigners without work permits.

Now - I know that Thai banks are a total crapshoot - if you try enough banks, you can find one - or at least one bank manager - who will let almost anyone do whatever they want.

But - the handwriting on the wall is getting clearer and clearer. Thailand is doing just fine, thank you, and doesn't need dodgy driftwood around - even financially secure drones - unless you are well-off enough to plop down 1,000,000 baht for an Elite card. Hint - Thailand is promoting the Elite card. The promotion is really not doing as well as they might have preferred. So - what do you think the chances are that Thailand might start squeezing the general population of unemployed drifters to try to put some artificially created incentive into the wealthier ones, to gert them to consider the privilege card? If that doesn't work, then what are the chances that they will start REALLY squeezing the drones, to make it VERY CLEARLY a near-necessity to have an Elite card,if you want to hang around Thailand beyond 30 days as a drone.

Reminder: Webster's definition of a drone: A male bee, especially a honeybee, characteristically stingless, performing no work, and producing no honey.

Basically, a male whose only purpose in life is to mate with females.

"Bzzzzzzz...the management of this hive is getting too nasty to us drones....bzzzzz...we have a right to be here...bzzzz....but if they keep being mean to us...bzzzzz....we'll simply pick up and LEAVE....bzzzz... we'll go over to the OTHER clover field.....bzzzz...and then you will ALL be sorry.....bzzzzzzzzzzz"

Heh, heh, heh. I guess time will tell. Here's my prediction - some unhappy BOOMs are gonna go off in Indonesia this month. Thailand may react by tightenting another notch on the border-crossing continuuum (although the "high season" tourist rush may make this impractical). What will that mean??? I dunno. But sooner or later, they will hit the notch that starts changing the demographics of what foreigners can enter and leave so easily.

Guys who want to come to Thailand, take a break, enjoy themselves - go to it. Take advantage of the current easy rules for staying. Make the most of the pleasant life of a drone. No problem. But don't start getting indignant if Thailand starts tightening up on you. And don't even start trying to convince the working crowd here that Thailand will spin into destitution if you and your drone buddies get pushed out. Thailand could give a rats ass less about you - and even about most of the employed farang. We just aren't important in the big picture.

I suspect that quite a few of the diligent, employed types here have one very good use for the drones. So long as Thailand tolerates you guys, the routinely employed types can sleep really sound at night. Only after they start seriously turning the drones out do the rightfully employed types need to start watching their steps.

Cheers!

Indo