Housebreaking By Sunnee Boys

thpitsch

What bits me is that the OP is somehow involve with those boys. :annoyed:

It could be that you have sex on the mind when you read this thread. I have friends who visit me that sometimes will bring a younger relative with them or even a friend they are watching. I have no way of knowing how they are truly related. Now lets say you had a friend stop by your place. He or she called you and asked if you could give her some money for food. In your kindness you told her or him that you could. They arrive at your place and bring with them a younger person. They tell you who they are or maybe they tell you nothing. Before you can even give them the small money they ask if the younger person can use your bathroom.

Now imagine real life going from there. I like to think I am a nice guy and any friend of a friend is a friend of mine. Should I see this younger person on the street and they ask me for rice money, I may give it to them. Now their friends may see me give them money and talk to their friend about this guy who is giving away his money for nothing. They may even talk the younger person into showing them where I live and become a problem for me.

Then I may come here and ask advice on the problem I am having and what would I get? Insults and accusations from a crowd of people that don't know me.

I will also say that here in the USA, from the news we get here, one would think that everyone visiting Thailand is up to no good.

So as you suspect him, others are suspicious of you.

This is turning into a gay bashing thread. Typical. The OP has reported he is a crime victim and that's all you know about him.

This is not by any means, shape or form a gay bashing thread or has anything to do with gay people.

This involves children, criminal activities and dubious goings on. Let them be shown up for what they are and the facts be known.

This is turning into a gay bashing thread. Typical. The OP has reported he is a crime victim and that's all you know about him.

This is not by any means, shape or form a gay bashing thread or has anything to do with gay people.

This involves children, criminal activities and dubious goings on. Let them be shown up for what they are and the facts be known.

Thanks for sharing. But it clearly is. The Sunnee district has hundreds of businesses of many types. The vast majority are legit businesses and the vast majority of customers are legit too. It is wrong to demonize people who choose to visit a district just because there are evil, criminal elements there. Those elements are wrong and should be cracked down on, not the people who visit the district for other reasons.

No, i am talking about this sunnee plaza. Apparently, it is well known what goes on there but farang are still showing up. Sick.

Chunky, do tell what goes on there. What is it that you find to be 'sick'?

Can you please enlighten me & others how this thread is connected to children, criminal activities and dubious goings on? Please give quotes from this thread!!!

The only sick people here are the ones with overactive imaginations that tend towards homophobia.

I think this thread should be shut down as the usual predictable inflammatory junk is flying around. The OP has apparently lost interest, and I can't say I blame him, as some posts appear to be labeling him a presumed criminal based on no evidence whatsoever. I wish the OP good luck in resolving his problem with thieving punks at his house. Its too bad the police aren't interested.

I think this thread should be shut down as the usual predictable inflammatory junk is flying around. The OP has apparently lost interest, and I can't say I blame him, as some posts appear to be labeling him a presumed criminal based on no evidence whatsoever. I wish the OP good luck in resolving his problem with thieving punks at his house. Its too bad the police aren't interested.

I fully agree Jing.

I'm amazed that in the 21st century, some people still have 18th century (or earlier) attitudes.

Feel sorry for the OP.

Not surprised about the action, or lack of, by the Police.

Seems like the same action, or again lack of it, one can find from the Police in any other city in the world these days, when one reports a break in.

Very low priority these days.

Normally the case is filed as open, and the stuff might one day surface in another case.

Regarding finger prints. Just as well they didnt search for any.

They could have been used the "other way", by claiming the OP actually had under age (invited) visitors.

Again, Im sorry for the OP.

Thnx for sharing, as it can be a lessons learned for all.

"Sunnee Plaza is a deservedly notorious mostly gay nightlife area of Pattaya. Yes, underage males are available there"

quote from jingthing.

Taken completely out of context. In this case, you should have included the entire post. The context of my post was that there are positive things in the area as well. Of course, the Thai police should crack down on the illegal stuff, there and in other parts of town.

BTW -- if you are going to try to blatantly distort other peoples posts, at the very least you must indicate that you have CLIPPED their quote with some kind of indication like an ellipsis. With your distortion, you tried to deceive people that "available there" was the end of a sentence when actually you clipped out a key following thought.

The truth be told, the main reason the area is popular is NOT the illegal stuff but these two points --

Cheaper drinks (expats and savvy tourists do not want to pay tourist trap prices)

The "Euro cafe" feel of the beer bars, customers can relax with some low priced drinks, relax, hang out with low pressure, and watch the world go by (the same feel is not available in the main nightlife areas near the beach)

It should also be noted the area is a patchwork. The more recent trend is a huge influx of Middle eastern tourists and businesses in the general area.

Now I will repeat the entire post you totally distorted with your CLIPPED quote --

Sunnee Plaza is a deservedly notorious mostly gay nightlife area of Pattaya. Yes, underage males are available there, but the vast majority of the scene is the usual legal aged type thing. It is popular with expats because there are more social type beer bars there, the prices are lower, and it is less touristy, less pushy, more relaxed etc. than the more high profile tourist areas. I can't speak for other people but I would love to see all of the illegality wiped from that area, the gangs, the underage trade, the drug addiction, etc. Alas, that ain't going to happen for reasons I can't fully explain, but suspect strong Thai powers want to keep it that way.

BTW, I don't think there is anything wrong with giving desperate young people begging on the street money for rice. However, the sad reality is, in an environment like Sunnee Plaza, that may indeed be asking for trouble.

As far as the OP's account, I don't think he owes us his life story of sexual partners. Generalizing the issue, for people that do socialize in the gay circles of Pattaya, and do so with legal aged people, that doesn't mean those people don't have friends who are not of age. Talk about disgusting? People are insinuating the OP was involved in illegal activity based on nothing.

Edited by Jingthing

I can't recall EVER having any of my Thai acquaintances bring over to my home, or otherwise introduce me, to any underaged prostitutes of any gender.... male female or in-between...

I do have sympathy for the plight of the OP... But I guess I'm just not socializing with the right crowds.... :whistling:

so it is well known that there are underage prostitutes being pushed by gangs at this plaza BUT the atmosphere is nice and the drinks are cheap - Oh well why didn't you say so? :ermm:

Actually you are the one who came up with the DISTORTED construct -- underage prostitutes being pushed by gangs. Your imagination, certainly not anything I said. If I said a place had pizza and there were people there who had anuses would you say the people are pushing the pizzas up their <deleted>? Apparently so.

You have no shame and are now on my ignore list.

Edited by Jingthing

I can't recall EVER having any of my Thai acquaintances bring over to my home, or otherwise introduce me, to any underaged prostitutes of any gender.... male female or in-between...

I do have sympathy for the plight of the OP... But I guess I'm just not socializing with the right crowds.... :whistling:

Just because it isn't in YOUR experience doesn't mean there is anything remarkable about it. Prostitution of many types is rampant in Pattaya. Would it shock you terribly if a 20 year old sex worker had friends who were 17?

I'll bet that all the 'morally righteous' in this thread conduct the following interview when a 'friend' brings along another person to the home of the 'morally righteous':

Morally Righteous Person (MRP): <Answers door> Hi Nat. What brings you here?

Nat: I need some help.

MRP: Who is your friend?

Nat: His/her name is Om.

MRP: How old are you Om? What do you do? Where do you live? I need to see some valid ID, a passport & a rental receipt before I can let you into my home! You also have to jump through this hoop <holds up hoop>.

Here's how a normal person (NP) would perhaps handle the situation:

NP: <Answers door> Hi Nat. What brings you here?

Nat: I need some help.

NP: Who is your friend?

Nat: His/her name is Om.

NP: Ok Nat, you can come in but I must ask your friend to wait outside please.

If in doubt, leave out (politely).

Edited by elkangorito

Jing, I never said the conduct in question is in any way "remarkable."

But I might say it was "unwise."

One might think the folks who live around Pattaya would have had enough lately of the "pedos" tag....with all the news reports re the Russian conductor and the Internet cafes ring....

But I guess the many attractions of Sunnee are just too much to resist for some... (I mean the cheap drinks, of course... <_<)

Just because it isn't in YOUR experience doesn't mean there is anything remarkable about it. Prostitution of many types is rampant in Pattaya. Would it shock you terribly if a 20 year old sex worker had friends who were 17?

For expats pinched by the global economic crisis and their weakened currencies, cheaper drinks are nothing to sneeze at. It is also a popular place where expats socialize with each other, as disgusting and perverse as that may sound. It is easy for ignorant people to over sensationalize what goes on there. There is crime. Thai police should crack down on that. We can't make them, we are foreigners. For those who know San Francisco, do you think locals or tourists who don't like tourist traps go out much in Fisherman's Wharf? Of course, they don't. They go to their LOCAL places.

Edited by Jingthing

So then I guess, for that element of Pattaya ex-pat society, getting tailed home or otherwise hassled by predatory and sometimes underage sex workers is just part of their bar bill tab...

It can tend to make those cheap Sunnee drinks a bit more expensive, though... as the OP found out.

For expats pinched by the global economic crisis and their weakened currencies, cheaper drinks are nothing to sneeze at. It is also a popular place where expats socialize with each other, as disgusting and perverse as that may sound. It is easy for ignorant people to over sensationalize what goes on there. There is crime. Thai police should crack down on that. We can't make them, we are foreigners. For those who know San Francisco, do you think locals or tourists who don't like tourist traps go out much in Fisherman's Wharf? Of course, they don't. They go to their LOCAL places.

So then I guess, for that element of Pattaya ex-pat society, getting tailed home or otherwise hassled by predatory and sometimes underage sex workers is just part of their bar bill tab...

It can tend to make those cheap Sunnee drinks a bit more expensive, though... as the OP found out.

Personally, I do think gays may be more at risk to blackmail attempts. As the OP suggested, the police may not be very sympathetic to gays who are victimized by crime here, so that would appear to open up avenues of opportunity for Thai criminals.

I don't know the history of the OP and the extent of his involvement in that scene. He would have to speak to that himself if he wants to. However, the OP has dropped out of this discussion, which is why I still think it should be closed. It is too much of a draw for the Chunky's of the world.

I would agree that tourists and expats involving themselves in the nightlife scene ANYWHERE IN PATTAYA, GAY OR STRAIGHT, had better be aware that they may be opening themselves up to all kinds of potential victimization.

Edited by Jingthing

so it is well known that there are underage prostitutes being pushed by gangs at this plaza BUT the atmosphere is nice and the drinks are cheap - Oh well why didn't you say so? :ermm:

Actually you are the one who came up with the DISTORTED construct -- underage prostitutes being pushed by gangs. Your imagination, certainly not anything I said.

You have no shame and are now on my ignore list.

Reread the OP. His words about "organized adults behind the boys"...

Edited by Chunky1

So you save 20 baht a drink and that is such a big deal for you that is worth hanging around a place where gangs push young boys? :huh:

It is strange. I noticed in a different thread jingthing that you said that farang should boycott any business or national park that has dual prices because of the PRINCIPLE that people should not be charged different prices... I guess some principles or prices are more important than others.

Rule #1: Use short time hotels. EVERY TIME, without fail. Never, ever, no matter what, take anyone to your own house.

The only time the locals try to break into my house is after every delivery. Be it a TV, furniture, INTERNET techs fixing a problem... anytime a local comes in my house, within 48 hours someone tries to break into it.

Now, the funny part is... we copy the ID and take photos of every Thai who enters our house who is there due to a job. They know we have this info and they STILL try to break in. We give the info to the police and their companies afterwards, nothing ever happens to them, though they are never successful with their break-in.

Set up CCTV cams everywhere outside your house. Make sure they can see in the dark, infrared. Protect your house in every way you can. Have house hold weapons ready, then wait for them to break in and kill them. If they are unarmed, keep a clean "throw" weapon around and make sure you put it in their hands. Have your story ready and memorized so the police can not break you or find any discrepancies in your story. If you repeat it to yourself over and over for months on end, you will believe it yourself when it happens.

Of course it is much easier just to fortify your home so they can not get in.

You can not live here and think like a westerner when it comes to protection and self defense. You must fight fire with fire and be prepared to defend your family, your home and your belongings.

RULE #2: Never, ever allow a minor into your home. Doens't matter what they are there for, never do it. You are setting yourself up for a problem.

However, the OP has dropped out of this discussion, which is why I still think it should be closed. It is too much of a draw for the Chunky's of the world.

The OP is still watching this topic. But what can I answer "the Chunky's of the world"? They are always feeling right.

Now, the funny part is... we copy the ID and take photos of every Thai who enters our house who is there due to a job. They know we have this info and they STILL try to break in. We give the info to the police and their companies afterwards, nothing ever happens to them, though they are never successful with their break-in.

I took photos when they came two days before. The boys know that. Actually there is only one useful photo. I give it to the police. And nothing happens.

Today I want to go to Sunnee Plaza to eat my favourite Yam Nuea at Song Khwae restaurant. And If I see one of the bad boys, I'll ask em to buy back what they have stolen.

Edited by thpitsch

Rule #1: Use short time hotels. EVERY TIME, without fail. Never, ever, no matter what, take anyone to your own house.
Good advise. But not always practical to never invite anyone home for people who live here who may be open to attempting to start relationships with Thais. I probably fall on the paranoid end of the scale, but that tact isn't without cost either, as people who don't take some risks in life aren't really fully living their life.

However, the OP has dropped out of this discussion, which is why I still think it should be closed. It is too much of a draw for the Chunky's of the world.

The OP is still watching this topic. But what can I answer "the Chunky's of the world"? They are always feeling right.

I took photos when they came two days before. The boys know that. Actually there is only one useful photo. I give it to the police. And nothing happens.

Today I want to go to Sunnee Plaza to eat my favourite Yam Nuea at Song Khwae restaurant. And If I see one of the bad boys, I'll ask em to buy back what they have stolen.

Oh happy to see you back here. Where is Song Khwae restaurant exactly? Always on the scout for good Thai food!

Good luck to you OP. Those that wish to offer practical helpful advice, may i suggest pming the OP. I think best that this thread is closed as seems to have gotten out of hand somewhat.

//Closed//

Rule #1 and Rule #2 I consider to be good sound advice... and certainly not un-accompanied minors..

The stuff inbetween I guess depends on the neighborhood in which you live... In my years here so far, I've found that the standard/well-built metal grills on every window and door (which seems the common practice in Thailand), along with a locked metal garage/entry door gate seem to work just fine.