Ecu Tuning But For Which Fuel Spec?

FrankT

I am considering tuning the ECU of my 2009 Kawa ER6F but I guess that once they do that that it will be done basis the fuel you have in the tank at that moment let's say 95 E10 but what then if you are upcountry and you can only get 91 E 10 or normal 91? can the tuned ECU handle that or will the engine start knocking because of the lower octane? Pleased to hear your thoughts.

If any power is to be gained from tuning ECU, it should be tuned for 95 only. I believe there is no knock sensor on 650, so it wont be able to handle lower RON.

In a country with huge differences on fuel quality, I woud rather use PCV and Autotune, and I believe the price is similar. Its also easier to go back to stock in case of emission problems.

You need to google a bit to understand more about the Power commander. But 'Dirtshop' in BKK are the official importers. they also have a Dyno to test the bike and set it up. The PCV is only really usefull if you have a new, freeflow exhaust.

Tony (BigbikeBK) will be along soon to give you more details.Here is something toread until he gets here :Dhttp://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/101.html

Edited by thaicbr