Best Consulate To Apply For Non-b

Hello all,

This is my first post here and I have to say this site is great!

Tons of information and useful tips...

I am looking to apply for Work Permit in Bangkok, and have understood I need to get my Non-B visa first, and then come back here and can apply for the WP.

Can you please suggest which city/consulate is the best/hassle free and quickest to get to and from BKK? The 2 places that come to mind after reading through this forum is Penang and KL.

Ive also read about the visa agents in Penang. Can they safely process a NON-B? and by using an agent is there more guarantee of getting the visa, since they would have some 'friends' / 'influence' on the inside?

Also can anyone confirm on getting a NON-B back the same afternoon/evening of applying in Penang, as i saw mention of that in soem posts, but nothing concrete? I dont mind paying the extra bit if that is indeed possible.

I would apprecaiate evevry bit of information you have to offer, and also ASAP!

I will have to leave Bkk no later than 7th July and so need to figure it all out by then.

Thanks in adavance for your help.

You are aware that paperwork proving employment is going to be required? Will let others post details if you do not know. I would not plan a same day turnaround even with help as such things are subject to change.

thanks for your reply.

yes, i have found out what the paper work is required and am getting that taken care of by the company.

if everythign is in order, then which is the most convenient consulate/embassy to go to, in terms of time and ease of getting there.

Penang is always a good choice and Airasia now flies there.  My second choice would probably be KL.  I would avoid Cambodia and Laos.

Anyone used an agent at Penang to try and get a NON-B processed the same day?

Is it at all possible? or just something the agents claim to get more money from you?

Hi,I did my Non-B in Singapore last year.Very good service if you wait your turn,if you start jumping the queue without a ticket then you will wait along time.You can very good package deals now in Singapore for around 5,000b.

I agree as well its impossible for them to process the visa in an afternoon.Most consulates or Embassy's if you put your passport in before noon,you are able to get 1pm the next day.