Car Rent

charlie1968

The small tourists places around the Wang Come hotel rent cars and can also supply drivers at little extra cost.

A lot of these have no online facilities and their prices vary. I'd suggest shopping around personally when you get here for the best deals.

if you want to book ahead and have something to collect at the airport you can use the car rental through the thai visa site and they will arrange it with budget.Do be aware though, they swipe your card for the deposit and this can be funds that are tied up in your bank for about a week.Other than that I found them very good, they collected from a CR city hotel for free, the truck (a vigo i think) was very good, had sat nav for 100 baht per day and the truck itself was, i think, 1000 baht per day or thereaboutsthe link for car rentals is now under the 'more' pull down menu at the top of the page.

here's the link in case you can't find it http://carrentals.thaivisa.com/

I was able to update and change my information regarding pick up time and collection point as the date got nearer and things changed. Overall i found it a very good service.

We arrived on the late flight from Bangkok and they had the truck waiting outside.

Edited by bifftastic

I don't think you'd find a much better deal than 1000B a day with airport collection.

it might have been 1200 with the sat nav, can't remember exactly but if you follow the link it will take you to a page where you can get a quote. Cars were more expensive than the pick-up we got.

They take a small deposit through the site too, like £10 or something.

http://www.northwheels.com/rates.html

PriceListNew_1_Resize.JPG

- All rental vehicles must have a full tank of gas (95 - 97% Premium or Diesel) upon returning the vehicle to North Wheels Rent-A-Car.

- All rates including vat, tax, comprehensive insurance, unlimited mileage and 24 hrs. on road service.

- North Wheels Rent-A-Car accepts all major credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Dinners & JBC.

* This rate is not available for groups tour, if you need for a group tour rate, please contact this number (66 53) 874 478 or email: [email protected]

OneWay.gif

City/Location:

Drop Off Cost:

CHIANG MAIAIRPORT

FREE!!

HOTEL, GUESTHOUSE IN TOWN

FREE!!

CHIANG RAIAIRPORT

1,500 BATH FREE!! *

DOWNTOWN

1,000 BATH FREE!! *

HOTEL OUTSIDE THE CITY

1,500 - 2,000 BATH

MAE HONG SON, PAI, SUKHOTHAI , PITSANULOKDELIVERY CHARGE

3,000 BATH

DROP OFF CHARGE

3,000 BATH

BANGKOKDOWNTOWN, AIRPORT

5,000 BATH

* ONLY FOR CAR RENTAL OWN DRIVE OVER 3 DAYS

* IF YOU WANT TO DROP OFF AT OTHER LOCATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US

take%20a%20tour.gif

guarante.gif

For More Information Contact:

Head Office : 70/4-8 Chaiyaphum Rd., Changmoi, Muang, Chiang Mai, 50300

TEL: ( 66 53 ) 874-478 FAX: ( 66 53 ) 874-378

Email: [email protected]

new5.gif Chiang Rai branch : 591 Paholyotin Rd., Viang, Muang, Chiang Rai, 57000

TEL: ( 66 53 ) 740-585 FAX: ( 66 53 ) 740-588

Email: [email protected]

barend.gif

If you ask you can get some discounts of these rates

• 1 year later...

Hi, i am going Chiangrai this weekend intending to rent a car from the airport and notice that most rental company close at 9pm, my flight will reach at 830pm, any recommendation on car rental company that open later?

I'd be surprised if you never made the car rental place in time or if there wasn't a car and driver there looking for someone to take into town.

You could try booking online and specify that the car be at the airport for you at 8.30.