Internet Radio In Thailand

heybruce

Apparently XM Radio Online will no longer let me listen to internet radio without paying for a satellite radio subscription. I searched this forum and the internet but every internet radio station I found is not available in Thailand. Does anyone know of a decent internet radio option for Thailand? Free is better of course, but I'm willing to pay a monthly fee.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. Part of my problem is that I not only want a selection of music, but NPR and BBC as well.

I've just spent five days exchanging e-mails with XM Radio technical support. They have the most incompetent on-line technical support I've ever experienced, and that includes the technical support hel_l I experienced several years ago while trying to get Dell computers to tell me if I had an exploding battery in my laptop. This technical support is widely blamed for Dell losing its spot as the world's top PC vendor, and I never bought another Dell. I suspect XM Radio will experience a similar drop in business, they've certainly lost mine.

Sorry, just a little venting.

http://www.nexusradio.com/

Works well in Thailand, lots of stations; I listen to it frequently.

Many good blues stations but unfortunately Nexus Radio doesn't work very well for me as it keeps cutting off all the time.

Göran

Yep, as w/ all 'net streaming, depends how fast your connection is. Mine's fairly slow so the higher bitrates also cut off for me. However, the slower rates, like 64, work fine. Listening to the Allman Brothers on the Bobby Dazzler blues station as I'm typing this!

I might mention that the Winamp media player, free version, also offers online station access to AOL and SHOUTcast stations.

. . . . Part of my problem is that I not only want a selection of music, but NPR . . .

Be thankful you've been liberated from that government propaganda. I'd pay to not listen to that station!

But you should have told us in the first place so we wouldn't waste our time for you.

. . . . Part of my problem is that I not only want a selection of music, but NPR . . .

Be thankful you've been liberated from that government propaganda. I'd pay to not listen to that station!

But you should have told us in the first place so we wouldn't waste our time for you.

Yeah, BBC, Al Jazeera English, CNN, The International Herald Tribune, and occasionally The Economist and Business Week, I'm staying seriously misinformed.

Let me guess, Rush Limbaugh and the fairly unbalanced pundits of Fox News are your primary sources of information, right?

http://www.nexusradio.com/

Works well in Thailand, lots of stations; I listen to it frequently.

Many good blues stations but unfortunately Nexus Radio doesn't work very well for me as it keeps cutting off all the time.

Göran

Yep, as w/ all 'net streaming, depends how fast your connection is. Mine's fairly slow so the higher bitrates also cut off for me. However, the slower rates, like 64, work fine. Listening to the Allman Brothers on the Bobby Dazzler blues station as I'm typing this!

I might mention that the Winamp media player, free version, also offers online station access to AOL and SHOUTcast stations.

I downloaded Winamp and am checking out the AOL stations. The list is impressive, but when I click or double click on the station I'm interested in, nothing happens. Am I missing something here?

I have been using Winamp for years and this it is a great player but never tried AOL Radio until this morning. I tried two stations and bot gave me commercial information about "stayfree", very useful knowledge for a man, but no music.

SHOUTcast Radion works fine!

I have been using Winamp for years and this it is a great player but never tried AOL Radio until this morning. I tried two stations and bot gave me commercial information about "stayfree", very useful knowledge for a man, but no music.

SHOUTcast Radion works fine!

I can't get Shoutcast to work either. Everything appears to load, but no music plays.

• 1 month later...

You can try this: Link

Not sure if it works in Thailand, but give it a try.

TheWalkingMan

I use radiosure.com It has over 12000 stations including Aljazeera and BBC

www.radiosure.com or you can download through cnet.com/downloads. I use it every day to listen to radio from Australia.

Excellent program and it has a recording facility as well.

Hope this helps you.