How Do You Go About Selling A Car?

I'm looking to buy a new car (to me), which I will probably sell on in six months or so. So, I'm just wondering, what's the normal procedure when you come to sell your car? Is it as hit and miss as selling a house, or is it as easy as back home (the Uk for me)? I've never seen an auto-sales paper but I'm sure they must be available.

Experiences?

Move this to General if it might get more response. Or leave it here.

Edited by Richb2004v2

depends on the demand for it I guess.

I ended up selling ours (1996 Suzuki vitara) through the Auction house Manheim and they were very good at getting a market price for our car, and it sold straight off the bat despite being an 'old' car. They were pretty good at knowing via their experience of what a car should go for and set a reserve price for you at an appropriate level. Their fees are v. reasonable as well.

We struggled a little going via the traditional routes of one on one sales, as people were forever trying to offer you 50% of the market price.

Newer cars tend to do well via your old trusties such as expat motors etc.

manheim have a big lot in Bangna as I recall, though we never went there. They sent around people to pick up the car and handle all the paperwork. Was very easy and of course, extremely secure as a big name they are.

Lots of cars seem to be on sale at their weekly (wednesday?) auctions.