Thai Restriction Of Speech "Not Helpful" : British MP

webfact

I thought the last election accurately reflected the will of the people.

Large minorities voted for the PPP and the Democrats. The smaller minorities and the Democrats have formed government. That's similar to what happened in England, isn't it?

Pretty much yes.

You are talking about the last election, there the newcomer and 'underdog' PPP won 233 seats and the Democrats won 165 seats.

Thanks mazeltov for the fact.

If course buying smaller parties first and having a huge 'party list'

because massive amounts of money was thrown at it big time,

had nothing to to do with this disparity.

When it comes down to the One Man/One vote ratio, they were quite close.

Oh by the way most of those smaller parties are split from the dregs if PPP now.

A more level playing field for the next round, not to mention post Rachadapisek anger against them.

But the main force going towards that 266 seats was the iron fisted control of political thought in Issan,

by the Thaksin created political machine. Rerstyriction of speach as S.O.P. for TRT PPP and PTP

with help from the likes of Chaing Mai 51 and Nakon Rachasima's lovely wild men in red.

Lil Brownie above his pay grade is lecturing the wrong people here.

Edited by animatic

"I want to see a political settlement in Thailand where the election reflects accurately the will of the people. I want to see, around the world, democracy and freedom of expression, reconciliation and stability," Brown told the audience in a luncheon speech hosted by the British Chamber of Commerce.

Please don't hold your breath. Election will accurately reflect the will of the richer politician, not the people..!!

Large minorities voted for the PPP and the Democrats. The smaller minorities and the Democrats have formed government. That's similar to what happened in England, isn't it?

Pretty much yes.

I though the Blue have most seat, Red second, and Yellow third, in the last election?

The Blue went on to form the government with the Yellow, as far as I know.

Or did the Red or Yellow form the government?

I might have mistaken, if so I apologies.

Pheu Thai unfazed by public opinion on by-election

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The opposition Pheu Thai Party has shrugged off the recent poll, which indicated higher popularity of

the Democrat Party’s candidate during the advance voting of the Bangkok by-election last weekend.

Mr Anudit Nakornthap, Pheu Thai MP for Bangkok, responded to the latest poll conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat

University, claiming that it was only an academic survey and the collected data was not necessarily reliable. He believed that the poll results would not have any effect on the actual voting.

51.05% of the respondents backed Mr Panich Vikitsreth of the Democrat Party while 34.30% supported Mr Korkaew Pikulthong of the Pheu Thai Party. The other five candidates received less than 1% altogether.

The survey was conducted among eligible voters in Bangkok's Constituency 6 before and after the advance voting on 17-18 July. The official ballot casting will take place on 25 July.

That would seem to be the latest but of course the PTP says its not reliable because it doesnt favour them

Pretty much yes.

I though the Blue have most seat, Red second, and Yellow third, in the last election?

The Blue went on to form the government with the Yellow, as far as I know.

Or did the Red or Yellow form the government?

I might have mistaken, if so I apologies.

Blue is in third by far, and weren't blue then.

Red got most seats, but lost a handful.

But more important lost support of most all of the little parties.

Which meansd 1/3 of the people.

And though the yellows prefer Dems to PTP by far, they are not an actual voting block.

Yellows have never run in election and only have a handful involved with the government now.

And there is really little love between Dems and Yellows, a marriage of inconvenience and nothing more.

And Dems with Newin's Blues are another marriage of inconvenience, but it seems to work in a fashion.

At least significantly better than PPP ever worked to do ANYTHING in parliament for the people.

Edited by animatic