Wikileaks Blocked

Thumpasuar

Not verified but I heard on the radio today that the French government has banned Wikileaks from having a presence in France due to conduct and statements detrimental to the French government and their national security.

You all won't have to worry too much longer. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Wikileaks' days are numbered.

Its web presence just got kicked out of the USA from their cushy perch in Amazon hosted services, and relocated to some obscure location in Scandinavia. And for good reason, IMHO.

Every legitimate web-hosting, managed services, or related internet biz has contract terms and conditions about using stolen intellectual property, stolen documents, or other nefarious and illegal shenanigans.

I'm as strong a libertarian as the next guy, but I cannot begin to equate Wikileaks censorship in Thailand with the massive ubiquitous government sponsored censorship in places like China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.

Wikileaks is a plague that puts peoples' lives in jeopardy and Assange is a low-life vermin who is likely being handled by one or more individuals who wish to cause harm to selectively chosen nations. May they both meet their just ends as soon as possible.

Can we assume that you are an American?? A strong libertarian, yeah, but only the bits that suit you, is it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic