Liveaboard Boat

marcgee

I currently live in the golden triangle with 65 pigs- oh yes, and my girlfriend. But I miss the big water (especially with the Mekong almost empty)

can anyone give me info on living on board a boat or houseboat down south in T.L.

It doesn't have to be in great shape as I'll take care of that.

It doesn't have to accomodate the pigs but the g.f. is a possibility! say 12meters up

I recently sold my liveaboard in Canada and miss the life style.

Thanks

marcgee

Marcgee, did you live year 'round on a boat in Canada? I've know people who have done this is the southern part of the U.S. but never in the north.

Anyway, I'm not much help for your question. I don't know anyone who lives on a boat in Chiang Mai. But, I'm interested in your research. So many of the westerners here live in studio apartments that aren't much bigger than a boat. The boat lifestyle might be more interesting than the "condo" lifestyle.

Have you spent any time on the reservoirs in the north and seen the variety of floating cabins in use? Had a tour of Mae Ngat?

Nancy, in the Southwest of Canada many people live year round in small boats and houseboats. I lived 8 months aboard my beloved Catalina 27 for a winter when I first moved to Vancouver at 17. But damm if I could ever handle that again, heck we slept in tents and vans up on ski hills for the ski season then .

• 2 months later...