Londoner Soi 33

I don't care much about the food but like the cliqueness specially in the Offshore which has a good atmosphere with lots of regulars who have either been living in LOS or coming to LOS for ages. Pity though that Preston didn't make it to the Premier League :D

I'm still upset about that.... :o

The drinks prices at the Londoner are really expensive!

They are on par with many places in Covent Garden, only the Londoner is a plastic "Weatherspoons" pub in a red light district in Bangkok.

They are so arrogant. Why would people pay such outragous prices (they do)?

Also Orileys and Irish Exchange on/near Silom road also charge crazy prices - although I have to admit they arent as tacky as the Londoner - which actually more closely resembles an American style bar. Its a far cry from a good British style pub.

You can drink in the Oriental for the same price as Londoner.

I have to admit that the sunday carvery at Londoner for 400B is reasonable value and the food is good.

O'Rileys on Siom is ok. I only go when the Happy hour is on!!! I am Cheap charlie!!! :o

It still is a nice place to pop into and meet friends. The prices in Bangkok in general will always continue to rise at Falang establishments....

Haven't they raised their prices about a month ago? All are up by about 25% with a few new dishes (Australian) added on their menu as well. About time they sold a decent English draft there.

Perhaps, raising prices is their way to tackle the competition from Robin Hood. Anyway, RH is not that great on service or atmosphere, IMHO.

For similar fare at a good price, I would take the Bull's Head against RH or Londonner any day. :o

Do they still have "toss the boss" on a Sunday evenings?

Also believe that their sister bar in Pat Pong "the barbican" do same.

Re :Londoner.. dont mind it on a Wednesday night (2-4-1)but otherwise agree ...nit-noy peng :o but enjoy the music... :D

Do they still have "toss the boss" on a Sunday evenings?

Also believe that their sister bar in Pat Pong "the barbican" do same.

Re :Londoner.. dont mind it on a Wednesday night (2-4-1)but otherwise agree ...nit-noy peng :o but enjoy the music... :D

Toss the Boss, jackpot and quiz night still happen at BH. You're right about the music at Londoner. :D

Not forgetting the Rave up nights with the Lighthouse Club...Bangkok Branch

Members of the LHCB and prospective members and guests can regularly meet on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, at the Bull's Head Pub & Restaurant on Sukhumvit soi 33/1, 2nd floor lounge area.

The meeting starts at 7:00pm. The first barrel of beer is free, thanks to the sponsor.

Two free barrels is common. However, members should have 200 baht handy to make a donation to Lighthouse Club charity projects, and guests should have ..........just another ol night... :o

Haven't they raised their prices about a month ago? All are up by about 25% with a few new dishes (Australian) added on their menu as well. About time they sold a decent English draft there.

I'm not sure the Offshore Bar would sell enough draught ale to warrant them getting it in. A keg only has about 5 days life once it's been tapped. Maybe some bottled ales would be a better compromise, even though they won't be available until the New Year unfortunately :o

• 11 months later...

I'm not sure the Offshore Bar would sell enough draught ale to warrant them getting it in. A keg only has about 5 days life once it's been tapped. Maybe some bottled ales would be a better compromise, even though they won't be available until the New Year unfortunately :o

Try the bloody marys at the offshore, very good indeed. The chap was right about The Londoner, far too expensive. In that area I find The Dubliner meets all the criteria of what I would like to see in a pub. The drinks are reasonably priced, the food is sensational (Bulls Head food would be better suited in a cafe) and there is plenty of events and promotions throughout the week. I do like my draft Bass, so maybe thats the decider!

I'm not sure the Offshore Bar would sell enough draught ale to warrant them getting it in. A keg only has about 5 days life once it's been tapped. Maybe some bottled ales would be a better compromise, even though they won't be available until the New Year unfortunately :D

Try the bloody marys at the offshore, very good indeed. The chap was right about The Londoner, far too expensive. In that area I find The Dubliner meets all the criteria of what I would like to see in a pub. The drinks are reasonably priced, the food is sensational (Bulls Head food would be better suited in a cafe) and there is plenty of events and promotions throughout the week. I do like my draft Bass, so maybe thats the decider!

bloody idiot.

read the whole thread only to discover on the last post thats its a year old.

cheers les dennis.

thought you were dead :o:D