Uk Settlement Visa

Hi

Upon reading numerous posts about the whole application process,i have heard that the embassy will often take many of the files out of the folder you have given them and place them in a folder of there own before sending them.What is the best folder to use for storing everything in so they will not need to touch any of the paperwork and send it as it is?

I have been thinking of a large ring binder style but on second thoughts maybe it is too bulky,i dont know?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot for taking the time to read.

The VFS staff have a check list similar to this one

Spouse check list.pdf

that they go through to confirm everything on that list has been supplied. To do that they will take everything out of any folder you've used. They would then normally put everything into one of their own folders (for ease of transport I'm told).

Documents can get jumbled up when they do this so to try to prevent this and ensure the ECO knows at a glance what's been supplied I always;

1. Because it's probably the first thing the ECO will look at, add an index of everything to the end of my sponsors letter.

2. Where possible I label and staple/bind everything together into it's own section (eg; all bank statements, accommodation details, employment details, contact details, etc, etc) so they can't get mixed up with anything else.