High Class Sea Food Restaurant In Pattaya

hazelandhoward

Can anyone tell me of a good high class sea food restaurant in or around Pattaya ? we have been coming to Pattaya for about 10 years now and have still not found a decent one, cant stand places like the Lobster pot ( sorry if this offends anyone but they are not very good at all ) we like to eat at places like the Royal Cliff restaurants, Manhattons, Bruno's etc if that helps to show the sort of standard we expect but saying that we also go to the other end of the market restaurants and so long as they are good quality food for what you pay we enjoy them also.:)

The best meal and the best seafood I ever had in Pattaya was the seafood buffet at the Mariott on 2nd road. Even though it was a buffet, the food was excellent and it was replenished with fresh frequently. Cost about 2000 baht a person, but very enjoyable. I've given up trying to get a meal that is any better than marginal anywhere on Walking Street.

The best seafood retaraunts are in ban amphur theres about 5 of them right by the sea, proof is the amount of thais who eat there.

If you get there to late on a friday or saturday you wont get a table, not only are they cheap but also very good the evidence is all the new Bmw's Mercs and range rovers on the car park at the preecha seafood place its the 3rd one on the right.

As for directions take the highway out of Pattaya past Jomtiem and carry on towards Sattahip, about 12 ks turn right at Ban amphur traffic lights and follow the road round to the left past the market the restaraunts are there on the right.

as i said iused to eat at the Preecha as it is definetly yht best one.

Edited by Aikido

Same as above. "Malibar" also good with decent decor ( ish ).

Is Malibar open again? it was shut and abandoned the last time i passed a couple of weeks ago?

Hazelandhoward are you looking for a place that looks posh or a place that has good seafood, Preecha in Ban Amphur has the best seafood around but it is nothing more than a large shed on the seafront!:lol:

Is Malibar open again? it was shut and abandoned the last time i passed a couple of weeks ago?

Hazelandhoward are you looking for a place that looks posh or a place that has good seafood, Preecha in Ban Amphur has the best seafood around but it is nothing more than a large shed on the seafront!:lol:

Bugger !!!!

I hope not. Must admit, having knee reconstructed has kept me at home for months, dam_n good restaurant in it's day............................. Sorry if I mislead OP and it's gone the way of a lot of good things recently.

No not bothered what it looks like just want decent food, do like to have nice suroundings but would sit on the roadside like the thais ( which we have done ) if the food ok.

Preecha does have rather nice surroundings--it's right by the sea and as long as it's not too hot, it's rather pleasant. If you get there before 7 or so in the evening on a weekday, most likely you'll sit at a table right next to the water.

I don't know why so many people are anti the seafood places on Walking St.

I had a very nice meal in Seazone the other night and truth be told I have not eaten much better in the so called Thai places like Mum Aroy or down in Bang Saray, ban amphur or numerous other seafood restaurants all over Thailand.

If the seafood is fresh then it is hard to go wrong really.

Your best bet are probably some of the top end hotels that offer seafood buffets that are excellent at around 2000b a head but these also can be hit or miss.

I had a very nice meal in Seazone the other night and truth be told I have not eaten much better in the so called Thai places like Mum Aroy or down in Bang Saray, ban amphur or numerous other seafood restaurants all over Thailand.

Your best bet are probably some of the top end hotels that offer seafood buffets that are excellent at around 2000b a head but these also can be hit or miss.

I must admit Sea Zone is one of my favourite seafood restaurants and their Irish Coffee just tops the meal of perfectly. I also enjoy Mam Aroys as well and the Marriott seafood buffet.

A couple of week's ago I was talking to a Thai friend he was off to Pattaya for work, where will you eat I asked, well no where in pattaya as all the restaurant's are over priced and rubbish I will be eating at Bang Saray. He live's 500k from Pattaya so tell's you something.

The best seafood retaraunts are in ban amphur theres about 5 of them right by the sea, proof is the amount of thais who eat there.

If you get there to late on a friday or saturday you wont get a table, not only are they cheap but also very good the evidence is all the new Bmw's Mercs and range rovers on the car park at the preecha seafood place its the 3rd one on the right.

As for directions take the highway out of Pattaya past Jomtiem and carry on towards Sattahip, about 12 ks turn right at Ban amphur traffic lights and follow the road round to the left past the market the restaraunts are there on the right.

I can only agree 100%.

To sit on the the resttaurant at the end of the pier (if this is the one that you are referring to) at sunset ,and have a really high quality seafood meal, is one of life's real experiences !

There are two Thai-oriented places next door to each other opposite the Tukcom IT centre on Pattaya Tai. Obviously the setting isn't exactly gorgeous, and they have plastic chairs and tables and only sell beer and soft drinks (though you can byo wine). All the seafood is laid out on ice beds, so you can decide for yourselves whether-or-not it's to your liking. The cooking is Thai-style and to a good standard. Prices are Thai low-end. We like it there :thumbsup: .

I can only agree 100%.

To sit on the the resttaurant at the end of the pier (if this is the one that you are referring to) at sunset ,and have a really high quality seafood meal, is one of life's real experiences !

Absolutely! I think that one is called Toey, or something like that. We eat in Ban Amphur pretty much every week. Preecha is a bit nice with regards to decor, but as mentioned, it is just a big, open air place. Toey is not quite as nice, but we think the food is a bit better AND you are right above the water. Plus, we know everybody there and you can bring your own bottle for no charge!!! Friday and Saturday are a zoo and we avoid it then. Packed with Thai's.

What about Rimpa Lapin? It is a much higher class place. Lots of Bangkok hi-so's. Food is good and the setting is outstanding. Here is a link:

http://www.thailandholidayhomes.co.uk/rimpa-lapin.html

For another beautiful setting, try Sunset Village. Food is OK, but the setting is amazing. Even if you just go for a sunset drink...it's truly beautiful. You will see the signs for Sunset Village after you pass the light at Ban Amphur. You have to do a u-turn, then head towards the beach.

Yes Gladiator thats the one, ive never tired toey wheres that?, is it the same location as Preecha?, sunset is ok the location is fantastic but i dont think the food is that good.

For me Preecha still best for quality and price but im in Pattaya next week so ill try toey if i can find it.

Toey, or however it is spelled, is just before Preecha. It is the one that is out on the water. Wooden plank floor, plastic tables, but great food. The air is better there also....if no air, Preecha is steaming.

One of my friends loves Toey better than Preecha. My other friends love Preecha. For me, they are both great! And like I said, if you go with a group, you can bring your own bottle to Toey's....but have to pay a charge at Preecha. Big deal when you are there with 10+ people for a party.

I can only agree 100%.

Absolutely! I think that one is called Toey, or something like that. We eat in Ban Amphur pretty much every week. Preecha is a bit nice with regards to decor, but as mentioned, it is just a big, open air place. Toey is not quite as nice, but we think the food is a bit better AND you are right above the water. Plus, we know everybody there and you can bring your own bottle for no charge!!! Friday and Saturday are a zoo and we avoid it then. Packed with Thai's.

What about Rimpa Lapin? It is a much higher class place. Lots of Bangkok hi-so's. Food is good and the setting is outstanding. Here is a link:

http://www.thailandh...impa-lapin.html

For another beautiful setting, try Sunset Village. Food is OK, but the setting is amazing. Even if you just go for a sunset drink...it's truly beautiful. You will see the signs for Sunset Village after you pass the light at Ban Amphur. You have to do a u-turn, then head towards the beach.

Many thanks for the extra information

Yes Gladiator thats the one, ive never tired toey wheres that?, is it the same location as Preecha?, sunset is ok the location is fantastic but i dont think the food is that good.

For me Preecha still best for quality and price but im in Pattaya next week so ill try toey if i can find it.

Aikido,

I have not been back to Preecha for some time. The food then, was really great but, as Craig mentioned - the restaurant could be a little hot and airless, when crowded.

At Toey (?spelling) the location and ambance is excellent. I am sure that there is a commonality between the menus of both restaurants, but at Toey, I particilarly like the garlic rock lobster and the curried clams.

Plus as mentioned - the facility of taklng a bottle of wobbly pops in.

A couple of week's ago I was talking to a Thai friend he was off to Pattaya for work, where will you eat I asked, well no where in pattaya as all the restaurant's are over priced and rubbish I will be eating at Bang Saray. He live's 500k from Pattaya so tell's you something.

For many thais it is the price factor .....Pattaya is a little bit more exxy than places like Bang Saray.

I reiterate thou you can get good seafood in Pattaya.

For many thais it is the price factor .....Pattaya is a little bit more exxy than places like Bang Saray.

For sure cheaper south of Pattaya vs. on Walking Street, etc. These restaurants are probably 80% occupied by Thais. Most seem to be from Bangkok. I am guessing there are here visiting their vacation home or out for a weekend/day trip....especially as these places can be dead during the week and not a parking space to be found on the weekend.

The two places at the very end of Jomtien beach road are also very popular with Bangkok Thais (and prices quite good). Are these places not as good as places further south? If so why do so many Bangkok people with cars go there rather than further south?

• Like 1

Good question. I like those restaurants also. Especially the ones where you can sit on the sidewalk and be right next to the sea. Really nice. Was there a few weeks ago, but unfortunately on a Saturday. It was packed, mostly with Thais...and several minivans from Bangkok. We like the one with the big blue crab out front.

Maybe your right but this chap has big money

Ive eaten at the ones at the end of Jomtiem when i lived in patters but the quality seems to have gone down a great deal not to mention the service is terrible.

For me i will always go the extra mile for good food as its definetly worth traveling.

• 1 year later...

Exactly !

I still wonder why some people pretend to know that a seafood restaurant is better than another one !

Any place where fishes and crabs are alive in Aquarium proposes the same seafood, or if an animal is sick itsjust bad luck !

And any place with many customers can only sell fresh seafood because they are delivered everyday as they sell a lot.

So please explain me what makes a seafood restaurant better than another one ? It cannot be the staff, as I still have seen any good staff anywhere in Thailand...

Exactly !

I still wonder why some people pretend to know that a seafood restaurant is better than another one !

Any place where fishes and crabs are alive in Aquarium proposes the same seafood, or if an animal is sick itsjust bad luck !

And any place with many customers can only sell fresh seafood because they are delivered everyday as they sell a lot.

So please explain me what makes a seafood restaurant better than another one ? It cannot be the staff, as I still have seen any good staff anywhere in Thailand...

It is the staff . The chefs & kitchen management are what makes a difference. Overcooked fish in rancid oil, too much or little seasoning,cold meals served at the wrong intervals & so on. Why do people tip the service staff when they have had a good meal anyway ?

I have tried most of the places on Walking Street & IMHO they are all good but overpriced.Tried Mum Aroi recently ( Nakula) & liked the setting but not impressed with the food. ( Chefs/managment not well trained) The best I have found is Pupen, that's the place with the big crab sign at the end of Jomtien beach road , consitently well cooked food & reasonable prices although I wouldn't call it high class.

Most of the seafod in Thailand is farmed in brackish water = insipid taste, the crabs & shellfish are wild stock though & taste good