High Class Sea Food Restaurant In Pattaya

hazelandhoward

The parking lot at Preecha is normally very full so that is one way to recognize it....arrive before 7pm as they get big crowds there and alot of the items sell out later in the evening

That's primarily Friday and Saturday nights. Though Sunday night can also be busy. During the week, it's perfect. Especially right at sunset time.

Food's great and reasonable.

If you want a bit classier place, try Rimpa Lapin. Beautiful setting, just down the road from Preecha. More expensive, but very beautiful:

http://www.rimpa-lapin.com/old_rimpha_backup/index.html

The parking lot at Preecha is normally very full so that is one way to recognize it....arrive before 7pm as they get big crowds there and alot of the items sell out later in the evening

That's primarily Friday and Saturday nights. Though Sunday night can also be busy. During the week, it's perfect. Especially right at sunset time.

If you want a bit classier place, try Rimpa Lapin. Beautiful setting, just down the road from Preecha. More expensive, but very beautiful:

http://www.rimpa-lap...ckup/index.html

+1 to that

love it!

The two places at the very end of Jomtien beach road are also very popular with Bangkok Thais (and prices quite good). Are these places not as good as places further south? If so why do so many Bangkok people with cars go there rather than further south?

I've eaten a few times in the large restaurant called Poo Pen (with all the katoey waiters) nearly at the end of Jomtien but gave up on the place since they were not able to serve anything that wasn't infused with large amounts of sugarbah.gif

Very popular with the Thais though.

The two places at the very end of Jomtien beach road are also very popular with Bangkok Thais (and prices quite good). Are these places not as good as places further south? If so why do so many Bangkok people with cars go there rather than further south?

I've eaten a few times in the large restaurant called Poo Pen (with all the katoey waiters) nearly at the end of Jomtien but gave up on the place since they were not able to serve anything that wasn't infused with large amounts of sugarbah.gif

I like those restaurants also. Been there many times, especially to PuPin, the one with the big blue crab out front. But, IMHO, Preecha is better. By just a bit. More consistent. PuPin is packed because every restaurant in that area is packed with BKK Thai's on the weekends. Last time I ate there on a Saturday night, it took well over an hour to get the food, but understandable as there literally was not an open table. Again, great at sunset with tables right on the wall next to the sea. Tough to beat...

I live really close to Preecha and go there a lot however I do feel Pupen at the end of jomtien beach (the end away from pattaya) is much better in terms of taste and what they have to offer. They also sell carlsberg there now and have a few good bottles of wine (for thailand). I have been to the royal cliffs sea food place and it just doesnt compare, although its nice surroundings its just not near as good enough.

There is also a place in nak lua, after bangkok hospital on sukumvit there will be a sign on sukumvit to turn left its name is moom aloy, very nice setup and they have many VIP rooms that are air conditioned if you dont like being outside in the heat. Pupen also has a VIP room but its rather large.

Pupen and Moom Aloy are full to the rafters every night, seen a few thai celebrities eating in Pupen, preecha is busy but closes early I feel and their service has been a let down for me of late

Can someone show me the map of Preecha's Seafood.

Many Thanks

Enjoy. http://goo.gl/maps/W9Ry

Thanks Lenny but can't open the map.

As you drive from pattaya towards sattahip on sukhumvit after the Ambassador resort you will see further on the left hand side a 7/11 quickly followed by a small tesco. Keep going and look out on the right for a 7/11, after this 7/11 do a U turn so your heading back towards the 7/11 you just passed, just right before that 7/11 there is a road, turn left, follow the road around, you will see it about half way down that road, will have a white sign outside and if you go in the way I said, its on the left hand side. If you keep following the road around its a horseshoe shape and you eventually get back onto sukhumvit

What are you eating thats full of sugar? We usually order various fresh seafood that doesnt come with any sauces, we use the seafood dipping sauce if we need anything. Soups are lovely, they have many different variations of dishes so if something was too sweet try it with something else?

OP< i do not know if you looking for just expansive place to eat or if you looking for delicious place to eat.

From what i understood, you looking for high class=expansive which does not automatically mean delicious

SO if you do not mind eating in a middle class place surrounded by mere mortals, you should visit Vientenne Sea Food Restaurant on Pattaya Tai, Soi 1.

Sadly your bill will not be high, but your stomach would be full with delicious, fresh sea food among other 300-400 items on the menu

Justice: We've not noticed many problems with service at Preecha, but we do know the management and waiters quite well. Always get the same ones. And they speak great English. Plus, we get 10% off with our card! thumbsup.gif

I've seen that Moom Aroi place before. Looks great right there on the beach. Will have to try it now for sure! Dang, I feel a need for some good seafood! Too bad the weather today is a bit rainy....

P.S. I think an easier way to Preecha is to turn at the first light after the Ambassador. About 100M in the road splits, one is straight on towards the temple, the other to the left and about 200+ meters down is Preecha on your right.wai.gif

What are you eating thats full of sugar? We usually order various fresh seafood that doesnt come with any sauces, we use the seafood dipping sauce if we need anything. Soups are lovely, they have many different variations of dishes so if something was too sweet try it with something else?

Off the top of my head I remember ordering (but not eating after tasting) kaeng som, naam prik and prakapong neung manao. Yes, you are right that it's possible to get food that's not tasting like dessert there but the dishes I like to order are all disgustingly sweet.

Off topic but I can see Thailand as a future hub for diabetes sufferers if the current trend of adding large amounts of sugar to most dishes continues.

In Naklua, there is a fishing pier with a large outdoor seafood restaurant.

Take Soi 12 and turn right before the Zign Hotel.

Worth checking out.

(Great little Bake shop / deli near the Zign Hotel too)

Preecha's seafood is in NA CHOM THIAN SOI 28 ? Anyone knows please clarify.

Head south on Sukhumvit, Past Ambassador hotel, next set of lights turn right about 100m in the road veers round to your left, along there about 150m on your right you will see a big carpark outside with a big sign.

Not sure why you cant open the link? Try this link....... http://goo.gl/maps/W9Ry

Edited by LennyW

Justice: We've not noticed many problems with service at Preecha, but we do know the management and waiters quite well. Always get the same ones. And they speak great English. Plus, we get 10% off with our card! thumbsup.gif

I've seen that Moom Aroi place before. Looks great right there on the beach. Will have to try it now for sure! Dang, I feel a need for some good seafood! Too bad the weather today is a bit rainy....

P.S. I think an easier way to Preecha is to turn at the first light after the Ambassador. About 100M in the road splits, one is straight on towards the temple, the other to the left and about 200+ meters down is Preecha on your right.wai.gif

Maybe its the time I am going or just where I am sitting, there is a lady that always looks after me well when I am getting a takeaway but I do notice when I sit near the sea she doesnt cover them tables. They are not major problems, I mean I like to pour my drink myself but when the drinks are at the end of the table and you have to stand up each time you want to top up then its annoying. We asked for "extra hot" seafood sauce, my wife asked for it, in thai, they came back with just the same sauce, so again asked it to be extra spicy, came back with just fish sauce and no spice at all, finally asked for it again, they went, came back 10 mins later and asked, how spicy do you want it to which my wife replied, just forget it.

I usually go late after the baby sleeps so maybe they are just bored but when I am in pupen the service there is always excellent. I tip well too but I guess in preecha they forget this. I still go there a lot I just dont like the service sometimes.

Maybe its the time I am going or just where I am sitting, there is a lady that always looks after me well when I am getting a takeaway but I do notice when I sit near the sea she doesnt cover them tables. They are not major problems, I mean I like to pour my drink myself but when the drinks are at the end of the table and you have to stand up each time you want to top up then its annoying. We asked for "extra hot" seafood sauce, my wife asked for it, in thai, they came back with just the same sauce, so again asked it to be extra spicy, came back with just fish sauce and no spice at all, finally asked for it again, they went, came back 10 mins later and asked, how spicy do you want it to which my wife replied, just forget it.

I usually go late after the baby sleeps so maybe they are just bored but when I am in pupen the service there is always excellent. I tip well too but I guess in preecha they forget this. I still go there a lot I just dont like the service sometimes.

well that's no good. Luckily, wifey is still pretty traditional. She has to pour the beer for me! Won't let me do it. I don't argue about it. whistling.gif

I just spoke with her about the two places, she says she loves them both, but each one has some unique dishes she likes. So visiting both is perfect. I'm getting hungry!

I live really close to Preecha and go there a lot however I do feel Pupen at the end of jomtien beach (the end away from pattaya) is much better in terms of taste and what they have to offer. They also sell carlsberg there now and have a few good bottles of wine (for thailand). I have been to the royal cliffs sea food place and it just doesnt compare, although its nice surroundings its just not near as good enough.

There is also a place in nak lua, after bangkok hospital on sukumvit there will be a sign on sukumvit to turn left its name is moom aloy, very nice setup and they have many VIP rooms that are air conditioned if you dont like being outside in the heat. Pupen also has a VIP room but its rather large.

Pupen and Moom Aloy are full to the rafters every night, seen a few thai celebrities eating in Pupen, preecha is busy but closes early I feel and their service has been a let down for me of late

Where is the sea food place at Royal cliff....we stay there every year when we come to Pattaya

sometimes twice a year and have been for the last 10 years and dont know the the where abouts of a sea food restaurant there !!!!!!

Edited by hazelandhoward

Where is the sea food place at Royal cliff....we stay there every year when we come to Pattaya

sometimes twice a year and have been for the last 10 years and dont know the the where abouts of a sea food restaurant there !!!!!!

breezo, well its not exactly all seafood but they do have fresh seafood on show that you can pick out and have cooked

Where is pupen? Anyway map?

Just drive right to the end of Jomtien beach road, look out for the giant crab sign

Anyone have map?

Google is your friend. Try Pu Pen, or Pupen. Add Pattaya or Jomtien and you'll get lots of hits.

Just drive right to the end of Jomtien beach road, look out for the giant crab sign

Anyone have map?

Here you go, just plug these coordinates into Google maps: 12.861461,100.8955

Anyone have map?

Here you go, just plug these coordinates into Google maps: 12.861461,100.8955

Thanks MTH

http://www.rimpa-lap...ckup/index.html

After years of going to the seafood restaurant on the beach at Bang Saray we went to Preecha and ordered the same sort of seafoods and they weren't as nice at all.

Maybe Preecha has other specialities that are worth trying as we find some dishes in Bang Saray that are not as good as Rom Son in Ban Chang.

Rimpa Lapin has great views but the food is not great.

(have never remembered the name of the restaurant in Bang Saray, it's either Rim Had or Rim Talay, the place opposite the big new villas they built there)