Coffee Grinder

teslawasrobbed

There was a cheaper grinder at verasu a few years ago, only 1,500 baht. Been using mine for over four years, still going strong.

I bought that one but it was never any good. I now used my wife's multi robot which works very well.

1 was around 18.000 :(

I think you might get a good Saeco for that money @ Boncafe... at least I am quite happy with mine.

Hi

Same here, good Seaco around 25.000 up, damnn good coffee, try the Doi Luang coffee beans from Wawee

Wawee, der er en i Chalong hompro, very good coffee they make

Great, thanks for that! Learn something new on TV every day. smile.gif

Where exactly is the Homepro in Chalong, near the Villa market area? And what are their prices like for whole bean coffees? Reasonable, or $tarbucks-like?

Most people dont realise that the grinder is actually more important than the espresso machine. If the grind is not even the result will be poor regardless of the quality of the espresso machine. The problem in Phuket is lack of choice. There are a number of retailers in Bkk who sell very good home/semi commercial grinders for around 20,000 baht. What kind of coffee machine and grinder do you have? The grinder i would recommend is this one which is available in Bkk. http://coffeegeek.co...ok/baratzavario

Edited by Bluedan

Most people dont realise that the grinder is actually more important than the espresso machine. If the grind is not even the result will be poor regardless of the quality of the espresso machine. The problem in Phuket is lack of choice. There are a number of retailers in Bkk who sell very good home/semi commercial grinders for around 20,000 baht. What kind of coffee machine and grinder do you have? The grinder i would recommend is this one which is available in Bkk. http://coffeegeek.co...ok/baratzavario

You are absolutely correct, actually I have been just buying Illy coffee grounds for years and using them in my Gaggia Espresso machine, but the price of Illy has got ridiculous now about 800 Baht for 250grams. A friend of mine recently visited and bought with him 5 Kg of Illy Coffee Beans so that is why I am now on a mission to find a good grinder, I have tried 2 different ones so far but they are pretty much useless. I checked out your link and the Baratza looks good and as I will be in Bangkok shortly I will try to find one.

You are absolutely correct, actually I have been just buying Illy coffee grounds for years and using them in my Gaggia Espresso machine, but the price of Illy has got ridiculous now about 800 Baht for 250grams. A friend of mine recently visited and bought with him 5 Kg of Illy Coffee Beans so that is why I am now on a mission to find a good grinder, I have tried 2 different ones so far but they are pretty much useless. I checked out your link and the Baratza looks good and as I will be in Bangkok shortly I will try to find one.

That is really expensive. I can get fresh beans for less than half that price. Fresh beans are even more important than the grinder. Most beans sold in phuket are stale (ie more than 3 weeks old). Do the Illy beans have a roast date? I have bought a commercial coffee roasting machine so I think I will be the first to roast fresh coffee in Phuket.

That is really expensive. I can get fresh beans for less than half that price. Fresh beans are even more important than the grinder. Most beans sold in phuket are stale (ie more than 3 weeks old). Do the Illy beans have a roast date? I have bought a commercial coffee roasting machine so I think I will be the first to roast fresh coffee in Phuket.

Hi

No you will not :D , my friend have a hotel and he have a rather big roaster and it just smell so dam_n good :)

Hi

No you will not :D , my friend have a hotel and he have a rather big roaster and it just smell so dam_n good :)

Ok so now I know! Which hotel? I would love to check it out.

I finally got time to get to SB Verasu and check out their grinders, most were pretty much useless but they did have a commercial grade grinder by Pavoni which was able to grind fine enough for my needs, plus it was on special at 14,000 so I decided to buy it.

Very happy so far with the quality of the grinding, it may be a bit extravagant for 1 espresso per day but life is too short to drink shit coffee.

Cheers

• 9 months later...

Where is this one sold? And what is a reasonable price for it here?