Bad Areas To Live?

SailingHome

Howdy,I am not seeing any posts about a "bad" place to live. I have no commute, so as long as I can get to the Chinatown area or Sukhumvit in an hour, have street stalls, and feel relatively safe walking around my neighborhood then I am happy to rent there.A lot of expats is not necessary. I don't want a suburb of houses either - it's too Western-like for me.Ideas?Cheers, - John

LOL! OK. I want to hear this story! :D  

It's going to be in his book which is due out in a few weeks, it's in the chapter just before the one about the giant killer flying cockroaches.

I think the old lady with the flower pots dumped 1000 cockroaches over Onnut's fence one night.

I'm staying in the middle of Sathorn (Chan Rd) but moving out in 3-4 weeks. 60 SQM Apartment - in a 9 floor small condominium. PM me if interested.

Very few foreigners around, good & cheap food (3 markets in walking distance) with access to BTS, BRT, Rama III shopping center & Expresways.

There are also few townhouses for rent, but rather expensive (the good ones).

Really the only thing to look out for is you don't want to be next to a site where they're building a giant skyscraper or next to a karoake bar where they are singing till 4am every night.

Yes, make sure you do not move into a house opposite two old ladies who own plant pots.

Speaking from experience!

Do a search for "idiots living opposite me"

LOL

other than that, you should be safe living anywhere in Bangkok as long as you show some respect to the locals. Oh yeah, don't move to Klong Toey! LOL

Yes, make sure you do not move into a house opposite two old ladies who own plant pots.

Speaking from experience!

Do a search for "idiots living opposite me"

LOL

other than that, you should be safe living anywhere in Bangkok as long as you show some respect to the locals. Oh yeah, don't move to Klong Toey! LOL

Klong Toey? Hmmmm... need I research why or is enlightenment forthcoming?

Klong Toey can be (as well as a slum area) one of the most expensive areas to live in Bangkok.

Have a look at all the international hotels and the Hi-So people that live in or on Klong Toeys doorstep.

Try Makkisan railway workers estate for a nice place.

Edited by boggle