Certificate Of Transfer Of Funds

Hello everyone,

I've seen reference many places to a Bank form called Thor Thor 3, which is a form used by Banks to show proof of money transfer from a foreign bank into one's own bank account in Thailand. I've been told that if you ever want to get money out of Thailand you need to have this certificate. I'm about to transfer a large sum of money to buy a new car and I've contact SCB bank bank to supply me this form, but the bank people at my local SCB branch don't seem to know anything about it. Does anyone have any information about this.

Thanks,

Bangkok Bill

Bill, from my experience (have bought condos transferring money in) you simply wire to your thai account (my case Kasikorn). It will be held (if over 20k US I believe) until they verify what for, you have a number of check boxes to fill on simple form. They release the funds into your account and the bank for property / other purchase and they will give you a form saying funds have been received from abroad if needed for property. I wasn't aware you needed for a car but likely if 20k+.

Hi Bill,

I share your fustrations about the lack of knowledge of many employees at Thai banks. My advice, based on when I've made SWIFT transfers out of Thailand before, is to go to the main Bangkok branch, the head-brand, wherever that is. For example, I must have been to a dozen Kasikorn banks in and around Bangkok when I first did a SWIFT and got lots of blank faces. I eventually went to the Paragon center branch and it was done and dusted in ten minutes.

Many TV members have reported not being asked for an TT3 when transfering funds out of Thailand, when selling their condo, for example. The TT3 is a requirement of the Land Department not the banks, but they will issue for a large amounts, as you wrote.

Hi Bill,

I share your frustrations about the lack of knowledge of many employees at Thai banks. My advice, based on when I've made SWIFT transfers out of Thailand before, is to go to the main Bangkok branch, the head-brand, wherever that is. For example, I must have been to a dozen Kasikorn banks in and around Bangkok when I first did a SWIFT and got lots of blank faces. I eventually went to the Paragon center branch and it was done and dusted in ten minutes.

Many TV members have reported not being asked for an TT3 when transferring funds out of Thailand, when selling their condo, for example. The TT3 is a requirement of the Land Department not the banks, but they will issue for a large amounts, as you wrote.

Hi Aussiebebe,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write. I hate to be a stickler on this, but even on TV it's hard to get definitive answers. Is it my understanding that you went to the head office of your bank and you were able to transfer funds out without a TT3? Can you share how much it was. (over 2 million baht?). Did the bank ask you any questions... where the money came from? why you were sending it home? Any proof you sold your condo? My concern is that I would be buying a house and that's a gray area of the law. If I bring money in to buy a house, and then five years later, sell the house, will I be able to go the the bank and be able to send 5 million baht out of the country without any questions. That's my concern?

Thanks for your input,

Bill