London To Host Olympics In 2012

I'm not having it!! Siam Superfly wrong again!!! Never!! :o:D

Excellent news! Everyone, and I mean everyone, was smiling on the train home tonight. What a boost for East and North East London especially those of us in the construction game :D:D:D

That part of London from Hackney through to Stratford (and beyond) has seemed in terminal decline for several decades and long been a blight on London. Many places were no go areas and a real mess. Now they will get a much needed facelift and connections with the rest of London.

The reaction from the French who thought it was in the bag was priceless. Maybe now they will give Paris a bit of a scrub and clean up all that bloody dog turd.

Kudos to Lord Coe who transformed London from no hopers 18 months ago to winners. He was a crap politician but seems to have found his niche. I trust he will remain as leader of the London Olympic Games 2012. God it feels good to type that. :D:D

Another silver medal for the French. Watched it on TV5, some very unhappy bunnies over there.

I like Chirac, I think he is an educated man.

Not same same for rest of 'em though.

Paris didn't win even one of the four rounds of voting. London won 3, Madrid the other one.

When sydney won the games they changed some pretty crappy parts of sydney into showpieces. Hopefully the same can be done for London.

All you have to worry about now is the fickly english weather to make sure it is a success.

Good luck

Can see it now:- Those rip off, arrogant froggy street merchants doing high dives off the Eiffel Tower onto the bullshit beach volley ball court whilst London thrives.

Congratulations to our British friends, have a good one.

Can see it now:- Those rip off, arrogant froggy street merchants doing high dives off the Eiffel Tower onto the bullshit beach volley ball court whilst London thrives.

Oh we will! Thank God I bought the controlling shares in my Landscaping company!!!!

To think I was going to give it all up to be a teacher.........

Cash in a Wheelbarrow please!!

Yep, you can bet that the frogs already had the teeshirts printed......"Paris 2012"...... :o

Well done to London, and lets hope that it does all that they claim for London and for sport in general :D

Rags

Yep, you can bet that the frogs already had the teeshirts printed......"Paris 2012"...... :o

Well done to London, and lets hope that it does all that they claim for London and for sport in general :D

Rags

Nice one Jai Dee - Obviously my soothsaying powers are better than I thought.... :D

Blur has already decreed that this will not be a tax payers burden.

I don't belive him somehow but I see this as something worth paying for. My Council tax seems to go on African/Turkish/Bangladeshi/ add every f*cking leeching immigrant community centres so if a slice of my hard earned is going to go on something BRITAIN can be proud of the I'm happy to shell out.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUURRAAAHHHHHHHHHH. still won't go there though

Congratulations flooded in from all over the world.

Canada,USA,Germany,Denmark,Sweden,Norway,Belgium,Holland,Thailand,Australia,New Zealand and even France said well done.

Siam Superfly said' You'll get whitewashed'

Hmmm interesting post Lampard.....How do u mix London winning the Games and The Ashes ???......

Congrats to London.....British Airways must be having a party !! :o

This was sent to me by some Aussie mates in London. Excuse the French...and the bad Pun!

Britain....

S*it at tennis

S*it at rugby

S*it a football

better than the French at PowerPoint