Dudes In The Parking Lots

Calico

Some guy got very drunk in a bar one night and the barman helped him into a cab to get him home. Anyway the next day the guy with an awful hangover went back to the same bar.

The barman laughed at him for being so drunk. And the guy said, I know, I was so drunk that when I got home I blew chunks.

The barman said, don't be ashamed many people throw up after drinking to much.

And the guy said, no you don't understand, Chunks is a guy I met on Thaivisa!

LOL

Is this the 5 dollar sucky sucky mentioned on the other thread?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean something like this:

post-33509-021604700 1280206419_thumb.jp

Wife always asks then NOT to help as they stand right next to the reverse sensors setting them off and Id rather trust the sensors than a man with a whistle.

Agreed, their position behind the car activates the sensors which makes the reversing process somewhat uncertain.

Besides, the whistling system is entirely wrong, at least for farangs, since it should be the other way round, that is to say as long as the whistle remains silent (after the initial starting blow) then one could continue reversing the vehicle more easily, and should the whistle starts blowing, then one knows one has to stop, unfortunately, this not going to happen.

Some guy got very drunk in a bar one night and the barman helped him into a cab to get him home. Anyway the next day the guy with an awful hangover went back to the same bar.

The barman laughed at him for being so drunk. And the guy said, I know, I was so drunk that when I got home I blew chunks.

LOL

unsure.gifohmy.giflaugh.gif Edited by Slip

so many free spaces at The Emporium this afternoon that three drivers choose to park their cars on the bridges going up to the next level.

And you think its acceptable behavior ?

inthepink has been a bit quiet too, l heard he's still stuck in BigC cos the <deleted> in front and behind forgot about the handbrake. :D

Just got back from the carefour. In the parking lot a lot of double parked idiots and upstairs on the roof plenty of free spots. I can understand it a bit if its full all over but when its not its just laziness.

I love them. I never worry about my car broken into or stolen. In my own country this is common place with signs saying "SMASH AND GRAB AREA" please don't leave valuables. I never mind giving 20B to get a bit of help.

I know where that whistle really belongs. but I never have a pair of rubber gloves handy at the time...

Besides, the whistling system is entirely wrong, at least for farangs, since it should be the other way round, that is to say as long as the whistle remains silent (after the initial starting blow) then one could continue reversing the vehicle more easily, and should the whistle starts blowing, then one knows one has to stop, unfortunately, this not going to happen.

That's what I always have thought.

Also, I just ignore them, as they seem to be directing me into walls or other cars sometimes. I have two friends here that have hit other cars because of the attendants' miscalculations. However, I smile and am nice with them as they will keep an eye out for thieves, and if they push a car away for me they get a twenty.

My philosophy here is to do as the Romans do, and maybe try and show a little bit extra gratefulness to the Thai people for inviting me and welcoming me to live in their country. If that means I give a big smile back or a tip that means nothing to me financial-wise but can buy them a nice snack or lunch, then I am happy to do so. This practice has made my near 20 year stay in Thailand great.

Some of the posters here seem very sour about living in this great country/culture and maybe for their own good should go back to the orderliness of the West.

Edited by tominbkk

We were harassed by a dude with a whistle in a Chiang Mai parking lot. At one point after leaving our car he actually ran up to me & blew it in my face. I laughed, which made him mad.

Later I explained to my girlfriend that he had always wanted a whistle as a child, but his mama had cruelly denied him one. Many years of frustration had led to this.

She listened patiently, then said:

'I don't understand.'

I have double parked only when leaving my vehicle for less then a minute or two. In a mall when other parking spaces available??? Never in a million years. Not even with a very light car parked in neutral. Probably the way I was raised. What right do I have to impose on anybody to have to move my vehicle?? Absolutely none. To hear of a falang doing it makes me feel embarrassed of my race.

I am fairly disabled with some serious damage done to my knees. The very few handicapped spots with the wheelchair logo painted on them are usually blocked off by traffic cones and/or used by motorbikes with the mother-in-law sidecars. I printed out my own handicap logo for the car and had it laminated. I use it sometimes to convince the whistle guys to let me park there. While living in CNX I worked with some folks who built and imported wheelchairs for needy and ignored Thais. They were the ones painting the logos in parking lots i.e. the one at Rimping Market at Meechok Plaza. Never heard of the Thai government having anything to do with the issue.

On a more humorous note I always laugh when the whistle blowers are trying to get the unskilled (99% Thais) to turn their wheels one way or another. If the drivers are actually looking in the mirrors and NOT picking pimples they get so flustered because of the opposite view in the mirrors. There are ways to do this but I am almost out of ink here. Started driving logging trucks when I was seventeen, drove one of two KW Dart 100 ton dump trucks when they were the largest in the world, and have backed up more trailers and even double trailers with the front doll locked more times than I can count. I pretty much don't need the help from the whistle guys. Like the one post says.."Always trust only yourself as a rule". Never double park in front of a light blue 1984 spotless Volvo.B)

Ha ha ha yeh I like the comment on the Volvo! reminds me of my days at home in the UK riding around on the various motorbikes I owned, Volvo cars and their drivers were considered to be a bike riders arch enemy on the roads. It was generally considered that those huge solid lumps of steel with their massive reputation for safety caused their drivers to feel like they were bullet proof whilst driving them and consequently made them drive like they owned the road (a bit like the Grey Power Brigade). As for the car park discussion, well I dont have a car here in Thailand so dont really know, I have hired and drove plenty of cars here but not enough to seriously pass comment, I do however have a brand new Honda Click Forward which I parked in Carrefour yesterday afternoon in Ratchada, I was gone aprox 25 mins before walking back and seeing (from a distance) 4 young Thai guys all around my bike!! which I foolishly had parked away from all the others to avoid it getting dented scratched or whatever (yeh yeh I know but I just got it) I just stood back for a minute to see what the go was, they were parked next to my bike on the other side of the railing in a small white Toyo Vitz and as I walked over they quickly dispersed and left in their car. I think 5 more mins and I might have come back to an empty parking space. You get a ticket to park your bike but I dont doubt the attendant would happily look the other way for a reasonable payment, having said that, the ticket does not show make registration or anything else so how easy would that be to fiddle.

If someone decided to not watch where they are walking and gets hit by a car being pushed, why should I care or feel bad?

You might as well not drive at all TransAm. You never know when a motorcyclist going the wrong way and talking on his cell phone will end up under your bumper. In fact, by your logic, it is immoral of you to even be out on the road because of the chance that something like this might occur.

You said "why should I care or feel bad"

Because that person or baby might be a Thai which would like take a big bite out of your wallet in one way or another.

so we should never park in front of a car because the driver might have arthritis and be incapable of moving it out of the way?

solid logic there. :)

Yes, it's called, ' using your loaf ' and to be considerate and think of others, but if you want to act like lazy Thais then l say no more.

dam_n you have a low opinion of the Thais... and mixed with that your and angry old man...

That's what I always have thought.

Also, I just ignore them, as they seem to be directing me into walls or other cars sometimes. I have two friends here that have hit other cars because of the attendants' miscalculations. However, I smile and am nice with them as they will keep an eye out for thieves, and if they push a car away for me they get a twenty.

My philosophy here is to do as the Romans do, and maybe try and show a little bit extra gratefulness to the Thai people for inviting me and welcoming me to live in their country. If that means I give a big smile back or a tip that means nothing to me financial-wise but can buy them a nice snack or lunch, then I am happy to do so. This practice has made my near 20 year stay in Thailand great.

Some of the posters here seem very sour about living in this great country/culture and maybe for their own good should go back to the orderliness of the West.

You are so right, what a bunch of inconsiderate cry baby's, when in Rome, Farangs! when in Rome, give stink, get stink, give a smile, get a smile, look Jane look, see Spot run, the problem with many people, is they are not happy where ever they go, because they brought themselves with them, same thing happened in Hawaii, we would call them 6 month wonders, once they arrived tp paradise they thought that all their troubles would leave them, (sorry) Unless one learns how to settle in the past, forgive themselves and others, engage in the present, have respect for self and others, become responsible for all of their actions, they will live a stink life wherever they go. It's not where we come from, it's not where we are at, it's where we come from on the "inside" that matters. Wishing all inner-wealth, health, happiness and peace.

Edited by koto

[

You are absolutely naive to other peoples problems, perhaps because you haven't yet encountered any, yet, and to comment when you don't know is, eeer, very Thai.

In Big C, people park double park near the entrance, wait for it, cos it's less distance to walk to the door in a lot of cases, not cos theres no spaces.

I complain when supposedly more intelligent westerners behave in the same way as the locals because they will not get in a row which they would do in farang land.

Some people dont know yet where they are ?

In Thailand !

Forget the rules ,the respect to others.......and wake up !

Here are no rules to "protect" you !:ph34r:

Nor will there be in 100 years !:blink:

You have to grow up and do it yourself !:annoyed:

This "pussie"-country :wub:is only possible because there no rules aplieyed .

Dont try to change this ,you can't change a thing :sick:,just realize you are

in pussie- heaven !:rolleyes: You can drive drunk....park where you want.......spend ur black money....

eat and drink cheap.......fill up ur car for half the money.......

This is still a kind of "wild west" :w00t:,be happy !

Did you hear Buffalo Bill:Dave: say :" He',excuse me :redcard2:,you cant stop your horse in front of me !"?

No, he would say nothing and ignore:burp: you or shoot your horse :crazy:,if he had a bad day.

• Like 1

Also, I despise people who vandalise other people's cars out of petty jealousy but when some idiot parks right in front of my car and leaves his handbrake on I could cheerfully kick his headlights in.

I was hemmed in at a jetski tournament in Jomtien once. After an hour of waiting, I let out most of the air in two tires. Another hour of waiting until they came, and without a word of apology, got in their car and left. I was slightly mollified when they looked out the windows at their tires and then pulled into a gas station.

I don't think I have ever vandalized anything else in my life, and this was easily correctable, but man, inconsideration like that gets my goat.

:lol: :lol:

Man after my own heart, bonobo. I actually carry a valve stem remover for just such an occasion. No nead for vandalism and they can't claim insurance. But, having 4 flat tires sure causes an inconvenience. I usually leave a note on their windshield as well... just to let them know WHY I did it.

so we should never park in front of a car because the driver might have arthritis and be incapable of moving it out of the way?

Yes, it's called, ' using your loaf ' and to be considerate and think of others, but if you want to act like lazy Thais then l say no more.

Yes - you should never park blocking another car if you possess one satang's worth of common courtesy.

So if I had a disabled sticker (and I qualify for one) would you still park in the disabled zone (if there was one)?

Anyhow, if I push your car out of the way, if I could, doesn't that just block another car?

Which makes me as egocentric as you.

BTW where is the local ACROD sticker office?

dam_n you have a low opinion of the Thais... and mixed with that your and angry old man...

Congratulations on waking up after 4 years.

Obviously haven't read all thats been said, obviously don't read other topics where l post, to have created a picture of someone and come up with a very,very rare post.

You are totally wrong with your assumption, seems you don't know what common sense means, where here there is a lack of it, and being aware of that in virtually anything they do to keep yourself safe and hassle free. Nothing to do with disrespect of Thais.

Angry old man, or just someone discussing something on a forum which, cos you haven't read it all, has ' young ' posters with the same view as myself.

Hope you weren't banged up in the Hilton for 4 years, if so l understand your post. :)

"There are none so blind as those who will not see"* — and seeing begins with examining (and constantly re-examining) one's own preconceptions and prejudices lest they interfere with a fuller life.

*quote from the Goldie Hawn movie, Butterflies are Free.

Edited by Thakkar

Man after my own heart, bonobo. I actually carry a valve stem remover for just such an occasion. No nead for vandalism and they can't claim insurance. But, having 4 flat tires sure causes an inconvenience. I usually leave a note on their windshield as well... just to let them know WHY I did it.

Careful you don't take the air out of the wrong person's tires, you could end up with someone taking the air out of you! Take your chances if you dare....

I can float around in the swimming pool reminscising on the car park stress thing :D

I get much more stress from shopping with a girl then the parking lot.

I'm hearing you brother, which is why I now choose the new 'neverdie' method of shopping. Firstly you deposit them at the Supermarket with an amount of money that you are happy to spend. At the same time you also place your personal order for certain goods. Prior to departing you say, "Have a good time & make sure you leave yourself enough money for the taxi ride home, its a long walk with shopping bags" YOU THEN SCOOT OFF. Simple and easy.

I will further impress you rob, today I did this and scooted off to the jym for an hour and a half before taking myself for a swim.......I then had a little kip :lol: . When I awoke the groceries were in the kitchen :D

I like your shopping method Neverdie. I'm just a bit lazier than you... I go online, transfer some money to the wife's account, give her a list and off to the market she goes! Then I can sit and read thiavisa!smile.gif

LOL

Good one onnut! Best laugh I've had today!