Cm Schools

iainiain101

A friend and I were recently discussing our childrens schooling options, and realised that neither of us knew if our childrens schools had adequate labratories for Chemistry, Physics and Biology. We both felt this was a very important part of education, and wondered if anyone knew which schools offered the best.

Thanks for any help.

Iain

Varee just opened a new international section of their school. It's not cheap but it is very nice. Very modern. They even have a real lab technician working there. Their lab is very nice.

I teach at Lanna International School so it's the only one I know much about. We were limited to one proper lab until last year when the school built two new labs and fitted them out with all the necessary kit; we now have a separate lab equipped for each of the three main sciences, and of course we have full time lab technician support. I know it cost a fortune to do and a lot of equipment for Advanced Level teaching was simply not available in Thailand and so had to be purchased from abroad. In the UK there is a document that sets out all of the standard equipment and facilities that labs should have. This is what we used in fitting out our labs to ensure they met all of the requirements of the UK curriculum.

As far as I'm aware all of the true international schools have fairly decent lab facilities. If you want to check them out simply call the schools and ask to go and see for yourself. I'm sure that all of the schools would be happy to let you go and take a peek.

Varee has a 3 new labs which were built so they could get the license for the IGCSE for their new international program. Kids who are in the English program there do get to spend time in the labs. How much time though I'm not sure.

I think that this is a very important issue here. If they want to learn properly about science they need to be in a lab and doing experiments and analyzing what happened. Hopefully this would then lead to them looking around them and start questioning and thinking about things.