Jump to content

Retirement extension Chaeng Wattana 16th May 2024


Recommended Posts

Looked at Grab 400thb,missus says no way.

So finished with door to door via 2 cabs and Pink line train 150thb,this also cut 30 minutes from normal cab trip.

Arrived at 8:30am,earliest ever,queues were extreme,so went down to bank for letter and statement,Kbank,30 minutes 300 thb.

Returned to immigration picked up a queue number for re-entry permit,then to document check at L 27,no problem.

Appointment for 9:30,had 10 minute wait,paid money and passport returned 10:00.Off to re-entry permit,seen immediately,passport returned 5 minutes later.

No new documents required from previous extension.

Exiting Pink line at Gov Complex station a worry no cabs or motorcycle taxis, pavement under repair,had to flag down a passing taxi from behind safety barriers.

Chose the relaxed route home,taxi from immigration to home 200thb

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, norbra said:

No new documents required from previous extension

Might be helpful for some to be reminded of which documents were required!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Might be helpful for some to be reminded of which documents were required!

All the Documents I provided and were accepted for my retirement extension application.

Copy of appointment.

TM7 with photo.

Passport

Copies of passport pages,

ID,  Visa, arrival stamp, current extension stamp.

(Document checker added more pages) 

Hand drawn map of residence.

Copy of current TM47.

Copy of TM 30 receipt.

Bank book

Copy of pages showing, account name and 12 months history.

For my income financiàls.

Copies of credit advice receipts from Kasikorn bank

showing 65k thb monthly international income for 12 months.

Bank letter

12 month bank statement.

 

4 other documents regarding " Statement and penalties" copies of which I have posted previously

 

For my re-entry permit

Application with photo 

Passport 

Copies of ID, Visa , arrival stamp and extension pages.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That should not be required at CW.

They may have just accepted it..

Unlike you I try to cover every hurdle they may create.

By providing the TM 30 I do not have to provide other proof of residence,ie lease,blue book

Edited by norbra
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, norbra said:

Unlike you I try to cover every hurdle they may create

Unlike you I'm trying to provide information of list of requirements at CW..

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Unlike you I'm trying to provide information of list of requirements at CW..

 

And who was caught wanting at their last 2 extensions?

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2024 at 4:51 PM, norbra said:

Exiting Pink line at Gov Complex station a worry no cabs or motorcycle taxis, pavement under repair,had to flag down a passing taxi from behind safety barriers.

 

I ran into the exact same issue last time I tried to use the nearby Laksi station of the Red Line... before the Pink Line opened closer to BKK CW... No motorcycle taxis or car taxis to be found when existing from the station.  Hopefully that will improve over time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2024 at 7:59 AM, norbra said:

Unlike you I try to cover every hurdle they may create.

By providing the TM 30 I do not have to provide other proof of residence,ie lease,blue book

 

It might be helpful to further clarify... 

 

Of all the documents you submitted that were reviewed first by the document checker and later by the processing IO, did either of them return any of your documents back to you as "unneeded"?  Or they all were accepted and kept?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

It might be helpful to further clarify... 

 

Of all the documents you submitted that were reviewed first by the document checker and later by the processing IO, did either of them return any of your documents back to you as "unneeded"?  Or they all were accepted and kept?

 

All accepted, no discards,no extras required

Edited by norbra
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2024 at 4:51 PM, norbra said:

Exiting Pink line at Gov Complex station a worry no cabs or motorcycle taxis, pavement under repair,had to flag down a passing taxi from behind safety barriers.

Not possible to walk to the soi that leads into Government Complex?

At the soi entrance,  the are buses and motorcycles 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lorry said:

Not possible to walk to the soi that leads into Government Complex?

At the soi entrance,  the are buses and motorcycles 

 

Some of the buses are free shuttles, some are normal city busses that go down the same road. Does anyone know which songteows and shuttles to look for? How often do they go? I once got a free shuttle from the soi entrance to the Convention Center (next to Gov. Complex), but then waited an hour and nothing appeared to take me back. I walked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2024 at 8:29 PM, Lorry said:

Not possible to walk to the soi that leads into Government Complex?

At the soi entrance,  the are buses and motorcycles 

In the taxi we entered the complex soi,no buses,no motorcycles anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, norbra said:

In the taxi we entered the complex soi,no buses,no motorcycles anywhere.

I did walk from the pink line station to the soi entrance, 3 days ago.

Construction is finished, easy walking. 

MRT staff directed me, his English was better than mine.

Only 2 motorcycles at the soi entrance, that's true. Buses are there during rush hours,  they serve mainly the staff. 

 

NB there are 2 sois into government complex: an eastern one, right next to NT Telecom, the first one if you come from Laksi. This is the one I am talking about. 5 minutes walk towards east from the MRT.

 

The other way into government complex is after the consular building (at the western stairs of the MRT). Not so easy to catch a motorcycle here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

I did walk from the pink line station to the soi entrance, 3 days ago.

Construction is finished, easy walking. 

MRT staff directed me, his English was better than mine.

Only 2 motorcycles at the soi entrance, that's true. Buses are there during rush hours,  they serve mainly the staff. 

 

NB there are 2 sois into government complex: an eastern one, right next to NT Telecom, the first one if you come from Laksi. This is the one I am talking about. 5 minutes walk towards east from the MRT.

 

The other way into government complex is after the consular building (at the western stairs of the MRT). Not so easy to catch a motorcycle here. 

Exactly what I found. Exiting from the West,with the footpath under construction I was not looking to walk anywhere .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2024 at 5:02 AM, norbra said:

Hand drawn map of residence.

 

So CW still insist on this ridiculous and (in the case of retirement extension applications) particularly pointless requirement, do they? By my book this puts them on a par with the likes of Jomtien and Chiang Mai as serious contenders for annual "Rogue Immigration Office Of The Year" awards!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OJAS said:

 

So CW still insist on this ridiculous and (in the case of retirement extension applications) particularly pointless requirement, do they?

You make it sound like a difficult chore.

In reality it's simple straight line drawing from room  to nearest main road. 

I actually use photocopy of condo flyer that has very basic "map" 

 

Also notice io takes zero interest in it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last time I was there, I think it was Jan 2024, I walked towards the prior station and at the head of the Soi to the right there were courtesy Songtaews that took you to the building. Don't know if that is still available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2024 at 7:23 AM, DrJack54 said:

That should not be required at CW.

They may have just accepted it..

Jack, I thought the same. But my online 90-days were twice rejected, noting "Update TM.30". Not sure what that means; my TM.30 is in my wife's name & the dates are correct. Expiring at next year's extension. We've lived in the same house for 32 years!

 

Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I thought the same. But my online 90-days were twice rejected, noting "Update TM.30".

I'm about to give up with suggesting what immigration require for anything.

 

Just now I replied to post in current thread re certificate of residence at CW.

They required a TM30 and made the poster jump through hoops.

I've previously obtained COR at CW.

Couple recently. Never required a TM30. 

Immigration offices law unto themselves 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 1:00 PM, lykes2fly said:

Last time I was there, I think it was Jan 2024, I walked towards the prior station and at the head of the Soi to the right there were courtesy Songtaews that took you to the building. Don't know if that is still available. 

Afaik only in the morning.

Haven't seen any last week, I was there twice. 

Only 2 motorcycles.

The soi is blocked by construction, by the way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.









×
×
  • Create New...